DS Celebrity Apprentice - The Viewers & Candidate's Cafe

Comments

• hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    David Odhiambo is exactly who I was thinking of :D Or Leon!

I am determined to win this task!

How many candidates were in DSA last year?
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    David Odhiambo is exactly who I was thinking of :D Or Leon!

I am determined to win this task!

How many candidates were in DSA last year?

Thirteen - would have been fourteen, but JumpTheQueue dropped out. Niall, Katie, David, another David, me, Amy, Kevin, Eliza, Jack, Justin, Jason, Lucas and Naruto, in order of how far we got.
    Forum Member
    I kind of wish this cast was bigger!
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member

Same tbh!

Casually reading your conversation, sorry!:blush:
    Forum Member
    Same tbh!

Casually reading your conversation, sorry!:blush:

DSA is an established game, so will always be bigger. You should give the upcoming series a go, and use this one for practice.

I initially took part in Virtual Apprentice, where I finished as runner-up. It was good to get some experience with that before I did DSA3, where I came fifth. I think my performance on DSA was better for having done VA.
    Forum Member
    Team Fusion are receiving technical difficulties!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Callum has quit! What's going to happen now?
    Forum Member
    This game ain't gonna last long, with six candidates remaining in Task 2 :D
    Forum Member
    This game ain't gonna last long, with six candidates remaining in Task 2 :D

It was the same with Virtual Apprentice. We had six contestants to start off with, no firing in Week 1, an addition to the group in Week 2, and a double firing in Week 4. It was fine, we had interviews in Week 5 with three people left, and then a final between the final two (me and Nick) in Week 6. Reasonably short, but it worked.
    Forum Member
    Why has Callum quit?
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    DSA is an established game, so will always be bigger. You should give the upcoming series a go, and use this one for practice.

I know you probably didn't mean it, but that came off really rude George,I don't want to be starting drama with viewers, but I don't see why people should 'use this game for practice' with DSA being the real thing?

I like Niall and wish him the absolute best with his series and I also think he's the he's man for the job on DS, but they are different games, so I don't appreciate it.

(it's like marrying a woman and telling her she is her practice model and that you will move onto another woman who is the real thing)
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Going back to what Tom said, I want to prove myself this round, because I really wasn't good enough in the first round.
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I initially took part in Virtual Apprentice, where I finished as runner-up. It was good to get some experience with that before I did DSA3, where I came fifth. I think my performance on DSA was better for having done VA.

That's a bit disrespectful to Mitch! I'm sure he's spent a lot of time and effort putting this game together. >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Can the room administrator for Team Vanquisher please give us permission to "paste long texts" under Room Properties. I haven't been allowed to post in the chat for about 20 minutes now because I posted long texts. Thanks :)
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I know you probably didn't mean it, but that came off really rude George,I don't want to be starting drama with viewers, but I don't see why people should 'use this game for practice' with DSA being the real thing?

I'm not aware that I said anything to reflect negatively on your game at all. I'm entirely supportive of it, just as I was with Virtual Apprentice. The point that I was trying to make is that DSA is more competitive as it has more candidates, and is therefore considerably more difficult to win. I feel that doing Virtual Apprentice last year helped me to get as far as I did on DSA last year, as I had experience of doing a similarly-styled game. I didn't take part in Virtual Apprentice for the sake of practice, but it turned out to be a useful way of getting into it.

I can assure you that I was not trying to reflect badly on either you or your game, which I am enjoying so far. I was responding to what someone said about wishing that there were more candidates, and I pointed out that if they want a game with more people, the upcoming DSA would be good for them, and the experience gained from taking part in this could help them with that.

I apologise for any offence caused. It would be exactly the same if I'd set up a game myself. You know that I respect you, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.
    Forum Member
    Why has Callum quit?

God knows. He was being a bit of a brat, I am sorry to say, complaining that there was too much arguing etc. The ironic thing is, we are working so well now that it's underway! :D

May I ask Lord Mitch, how many rounds will this process be? And will there be an interview round?
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God knows. He was being a bit of a brat, I am sorry to say, complaining that there was too much arguing etc. The ironic thing is, we are working so well now that it's underway! :D

May I ask Lord Mitch, how many rounds will this process be? And will there be an interview round?

How dare you call be a brat!
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member

Depending on whether Callum does actually go, it should be 6 or 7 rounds long, depending on how we go.

Details of tasks will no be revealed prior
    Forum Member
    How dare you call be a brat!

I will call you whatever I so please. We are granted Freedom of Speech in the UK.

You just can't handle conflict. You expect everyone to get on, pour each other cups of tea, buy each other flowers, and it's not always like that.
    Forum Member
    Ooh, our first conflict! Exciting :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Interestingly I argue way more with people from the SCD boards, than people with the TA boards... You can guess with one Cal is from ;)
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Tom, I think you're being completely out of order. What happened yesterday was fine, that was all in-game banter, but you've lead to someone pulling out of the competition now and your arrogance isn't going to help anything.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will call you whatever I so please. We are granted Freedom of Speech in the UK.

You just can't handle conflict. You expect everyone to get on, pour each other cups of tea, buy each other flowers, and it's not always like that.

You used to be decent. Now...
    Forum Member
    You used to be decent. Now...

Stay! Karma, after all. :)
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callum's decision to walk came after Tom (who is PM) said he preferred my idea to Callum's. We ended up going with neither idea. :p