PS4 Slim at launch?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I would love to see the PS4 launch quite slim, trimmed down it wold really make this new Xbox One look a flop.

Comments

• alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Slims come about when chipsets get older and more efficient. Given the components used in these systems I would expect a cpu/apu fan and room for some airflow precludes them going too small.

Also buying a console based what it looks like is rediculous.
  • jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    Slims come about when chipsets get older and more efficient. Given the components used in these systems I would expect a cpu/apu fan and room for some airflow precludes them going too small.

Also buying a console based what it looks like is rediculous.

Not that ridiculous when you think you'll have to look at it sat under the TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably be as big as the XBone but designed to not look as big.

The XBone looks massive, but actually isn't compared to previous consoles.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwball wrote: »
    Not that ridiculous when you think you'll have to look at it sat under the TV.

Do people really buy DVD players, sky+, BT vision, pvrs or consoles based on their looks ever?
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people really buy DVD players, sky+, BT vision, pvrs or consoles based on their looks ever?

I would if it was excessively ugly. When it comes to the PS4 I am going to buy it regardless of what it looks like because I have no other option. Other boxes like Blu-Ray players, I would go by spec but then if the box was ugly enough I would avoid it.

I think people that are saying they care what the PS4 looks like are just really excited to see what I looks like. I know I am.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    Its more the size than looks that im worried about as I don't have a lot of room left under the TV.

While I've never been too fussed about Backwards compatibility as I always keep my older systems, This is where BC would be a big help. It would allow those with limited space to continue playing older titles without having to have several systems taking up space.