Game cancels PS4 Preorders?

ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
Forum Member
✭✭
Just a heads up, it may not be much, ie people not having the funds in their accounts, incorrect card details given etc but you may wish to check if you have pre ordered with Game.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-General/Game-UK-Cancels-Hundreds-Of-PS4-Pre-Orders/td-p/20185455

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722653

Comments

• muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently in this situation with Sainsbury's. My card details have changed and there is no method of changing them on a current order. The website says the only option is to cancel and reorder which is obviously no good since I will lose my preorder!

I'm awaiting an email tomorrow to see what Sainsburys can do about it. I'm not holding my breath though. :(
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd give them a ring if I were you munta. People tend to be a lot more helpful over the phone and might just fob you off in an email.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Its more than likely the bank declining payment and it seemed to happen to a few with the Xbox One last week.

just contact your bank and tell them the payment is ok to be completed and then contact GAME and they will reinstate your order.

Thankfully my payment seems to have happened smoothly as i told the bank to expect it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd give them a ring if I were you munta. People tend to be a lot more helpful over the phone and might just fob you off in an email.

I rang them yesterday and that's when they said they were going to send me an email. Done all I can at the moment .
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Game cancel preorders if your card declines payment for whatever reason, that is why I'd never trust them with something this expensive. It's a shame they don't have better system in place and I hope you all manage to get your consoles reinstated :(
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Again, proof that there are retailers you should, and should not pre-order with.

I really hope that anyone here with Game pre-orders that have been cancelled get theirs reinstated immediately.

That, or RAISE HELL. And start tweeting @yosp
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Yeah, Game cancel preorders if your card declines payment for whatever reason, that is why I'd never trust them with something this expensive. It's a shame they don't have better system in place and I hope you all manage to get your consoles reinstated :(

The daft thing is that everybody gets their bank cards replaced every 3 (or 4) years. So for people that ordered in July that gives them a 1 in 6 (1 in 8) chance of their order being cancelled. For those who ordered in Feb they have a 1 in 4 (1 in 5) chance! :eek:

That's potentially a lot of unhappy people.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just Tweeted by @GAMEdigital

If your PS4 order has been cancelled don't panic, your unit of stock will still be allocated to you.

If your order has been cancelled your details will automatically be added to a list and we will contact you proactively.

So, if you are affected by this it sounds like you might not be getting your console on launch day, but all is not lost as your pre-order is still safe and will be honoured once your details are up to date.
  • Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just Tweeted by @GAMEdigital

If your PS4 order has been cancelled don't panic, your unit of stock will still be allocated to you.

If your order has been cancelled your details will automatically be added to a list and we will contact you proactively.

So, if you are affected by this it sounds like you might not be getting your console on launch day, but all is not lost as your pre-order is still safe and will be honoured once your details are up to date.

I had this with my xbox one. I was told by their live chat to contact my bank and make sure the payment will go through. The bank then told me they hadn't tried to take the money ! Their online payment system is garbage going by other people in the same boat. I arranged a call back which took 2 days for them to call. They called on the Wednesday and I had my console on launch day.

Just make sure you're available to take the call. Live chat and change it to your mobile just to be sure.
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    surely the problem is that game, have always been a terrible place, but sadly now it has no competition and we have got no other video-game chain to buy games/console at, only small interdependent shops, if you can find them.
    think about all the problems we have with game?, but the thing is we have nowhere else to go, so we have to put up with game piss poor service and stupid pricing, but we all keep using them because we have no where else to go :mad:

Btw im sure game will have PS4 available in a nice £1000 mega bundle!!