Humax 1000s problems since UKSFAA 2.00.13 update

Problems since updates, latest was v uksfaa 2.00.13 updated 22.01.2014, previous was December 2013 I think. Since updates to my Humax hdr1000s, have no catchup, showcase nor anyother player than BBC & ITV, no BBC sports either.
Blank black screen after watching recording, have to change channel to resume normal viewing. Did factory reset after contacting Freesat- still same issues. My wifi connection to humax box is 'Great' and works, can access BBC & ITV player ONLY by tv guide>list>on demand. Somehow the catchup/earlier arrow has greyed out. Going via home button>ondemand and also showcase via home button both give grey exclamation top banner message '***is not currently available'. This has only happened very recently. Do not want do format HD as will lose all recordings & even then probably useless action, as with the factory reset. Has anyone else had similar problems? This post maybe better placed under Tech Freesat Recorder Forum, only just joined, please bump to corect forum if more appropriate, thanks

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen the blank screen a couple of times, Back usually gets rid. Not experienced any of the other issues.

To make sure it's not a home transponder reception issue, can you check the signal as follows

Home - Settings - System Settings - STB Mode

OK on change to non-freesat mode

Home - Settings

Non Freesat - Right to Transponder - all

Scroll down to 11428,H, 27500, 2/3 and press OK

What signal strength and quality do you have at the top of the screen ?

To get back to freesat mode

Exit Home Freesat Mode OK.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Try installing this update/reset file via USB stick and it should resolve your missing Showcase, catchup and ondemand section. Click on HDR1000s at the bottom.
    http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

With the blank screen after watching a recording you may find that pressing the exit button should also bring back live tv broadcast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Thanks Graham & gonzo. Did usb download ok, all went well. But still no 4od nor c5, no 'showcase' or 'on demand' via the Home button. epg still has no backward EPG. Signal is very good via stb mode. Can access bbcplayer, itvplayer but still not showing via home>on demand button AND now, bbc sport via red button. Noticed on TV Guide '-24hrs' flashes and disappears as soon as it appears. There must be a problem re no on demand, no showcase and no backwards EPG, however, Freesat helpline know of none reported yet there is the zip>usb update specificaly for this from Humax. Total lose of youtube app.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I'm having exactly the same problem an my box is only a fwe months old, kept contacting freesat people. They weren't much help an basically said it's national problem don't know when it's fixed, I got the impression they didn't care, I got rid of sky for this so am tad disappointed an hoping it will magically work, I keep trying re connect internet, even tho its fine, doh
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check your software version - You should be on 2.02.07.
    Verify you can access channel 901 and can play correctly (also confirms good internet connection). If you cannot access 901 then its a problem with your LAN.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if it's a similar problem ?

My HDR 1000 with Freetime, when I cursor left, it keeps showing 8th January as the most recent backward EPG listing ?

On Demand, and other highlighted problems above are fine on my box.

In fact, On Demand HD works very well.

Could it be that the Freetime is a Network problem ?

I updated software when I received the box, just before Christmas 2014.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    Wonder if it's a similar problem ?

My HDR 1000 with Freetime, when I cursor left, it keeps showing 8th January as the most recent backward EPG listing ?

On Demand, and other highlighted problems above are fine on my box.

In fact, On Demand HD works very well.

Could it be that the Freetime is a Network problem ?

I updated software when I received the box, just before Christmas 2014.

Which channel in the epg are you going left on ?
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which channel in the epg are you going left on ?

It was BBC2HD

Just tried other Channels, On Demand and Showcase working OK, but Freetime not showing anything at all, on any Channel !!

I went to System Settings, Broadband, said I was connected, I selected Connect Automatically anyway.........

Surprise, Freetime is now working on all Channels it is available on !!

Thanks for the prompt.
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I have a slightly different issue is that the box refuses to connect automatically, I would have to go into that menu to get it to "connect" for it to be happy, at least until it goes into standby again.

I had to set a static IP for it to work properly (which you have to do by unplugging the ethernet cable, annoyingly)
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    I think I have a slightly different issue is that the box refuses to connect automatically, I would have to go into that menu to get it to "connect" for it to be happy, at least until it goes into standby again.

I had to set a static IP for it to work properly (which you have to do by unplugging the ethernet cable, annoyingly)

Sounds like a router problem perhaps a slow DHCP server.
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    Sounds like a router problem perhaps a slow DHCP server.

I'd bet that the router is fine, getting an IP is quick on everything else I own.

I thought that it might be the ethernet switch (I use a higher end switch and while spanning tree is doing its thing it can take a while to open the port up, which would make the box have to wait for an IP) but turning off STP doesn't seem to help.

The Sky box doesn't have this issue - it must be continually trying to get an IP and connecting to Sky's servers once it has it.

I haven't really looked into it as setting a static IP seems to work fine.