Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I am kind of expecting and hoping for a 1920s gangster kind of segment - Gang Bang, Beautiful Killer, Casuing a Commotion, Til Death Do Us Part, Revolver.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Yes, you're probably right. Those things are true. I was convinced mostly because the site it is from is very reliable and has a lot of true inside information and access to Madonna. But now I think about it it is probably fake.

But it may be a diversion one perhaps...maybe it was an early stage one maybe they got hold of? Or maybe it is a setlist they would like?? Hmmm

Either way they have the idea right i think.

I do feel they should finish with Turn Up The Radio definitely if it is a future single what better way to promote it than the grande finale.

I reckon girl gone wild would make a great intro with videos/distortions etc we will see.

But as i say until Interscope or Madonna herself (which could be in 4 hrs time) confirms what the setlist is i dont believe it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    haha or like most a big old ho :D

and i know too right just head to the student areas of town find plenty of art students :D

And liking these set lists there is a good array of old and new just hope the real one has as good a balance

Haha...tbh why not??? If you gawwt it flaunt it! Tbh she knows how to do it ;)

And i do too like the perfect yin and yang balance :cool: a mix of classic hits, lesser known gems and some new MDNA beasts!
    Forum Member
    Another great segement would be 80s party disco - Holiday, Celebration, Into The Groove, Who`s That Girl, Music, Turn Up The Radio
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am kind of expecting and hoping for a 1920s gangster kind of segment - Gang Bang, Beautiful Killer, Casuing a Commotion, Til Death Do Us Part, Revolver.

You know i do LOVE that idea...a Mafia style definitely...she can do a fake Italian accent or it too :cool: I love it when she fakes accents n her shows :D The Blonde AMbition Material girla and The girlie show like a virgin are prime examples of it :D

I do like that idea very much, throw Thief Of Hearts in there too and deal :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great segement would be 80s party disco - Holiday, Celebration, Into The Groove, Who`s That Girl, Music, Turn Up The Radio

Ah yes i like that style....maybe have Hung Up in there too or perhaps Sorry would fit the vibes painted with the tour.

I do love the idea of a segment influenced by her early NYC Club days though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a Warholian influenced segment too...Pop Art has been a massive influence in some of her imagery and works i would love something very absurd in a segment too :cool:
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if she continues with the theme of the album all trippy sort of acid house post punk NYC should be awesome plus with a setlist combining the best and perhaps more fan favoured songs with the best of MDNA should be brilliant
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys keep posting without reading! Here's another rumoured setlist that I posted on the previous page. This looks genuine enough but I guess we'll have to see:

Intro: Open Your Heart/Borderline Mash up
    Justify My Love
    Gang Bang
    Revolver Video Interlude
    Holiday/Physical Attraction
    Like a Prayer
    I'm A Sinner
    Ray of Light
    Turn Up The Radio
    Hung Up
    I Don't Give A Video interlude
    Masterpiece
    Bad Girl/Girl Gone Wild Mash up
    Like A Virgin
    Superstar
    I'm Addicted
    Love Spent
    Falling Free
    Voices orchestral dance interlude
    Give Me All Your Luvin'
    Secret
    Music
    Celebration
    Forum Member
    other ideas...

NYC Rave Section - Im Addicted, Hung Up, GGW, Impressive Instant, Ray of Light

Gospel Section - Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Nothing Fails, Masterpiece, Secret, I`m a Sinner

Cheerleader Section - Open Your Heart, Give Me Your Luvin, Some Girls
    Forum Member
    wizzy, but I loved the Aztec/Egyptain theme of superbowl....Vogue was jaw dropping! I hope that its on the set list!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if she continues with the theme of the album all trippy sort of acid house post punk NYC should be awesome plus with a setlist combining the best and perhaps more fan favoured songs with the best of MDNA should be brilliant

Oh yeah definitely...i had in mind some visuals like Andy Warhols Exploding Plastic Inevitable style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh0OhO-OhK4

Obviously not frame for frame or whatever....but some really trippy visuals to coincide with the albums themes the journey of the completely whacky and trippy areas to the more euphoric and confiding.

I love your ideas of acid house/Post-Punk styles.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzy, but I loved the Aztec/Egyptain theme of superbowl....Vogue was jaw dropping! I hope that its on the set list!!

She said no elements of the Superbowl will feature in the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I too love those themes....but i think that is vital for the Super Bowl and how we remember that. I feel that was Vogue for this era done really. But who knows how she will mix it up next?

But those Aztec/Egyptian themes for Vogue was like her "landing" back in the public eye and consciousness and media overtake in her Queen/Majesty position...the top of the bill!

And quite frankly there wont be another like it :cool: But to experience that Super Bowl performance i felt like i was watching some history there...an event all us fans watched together :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like the aspects of Superbowl i kept seeing Aphrodite not in a copying way but in a ive seen it way she is so much better it felt beneath her and ill fitting to her as an artist but the overall performance was good.

And im all for the whole wahorlian sticking to the drug connotations vibe like a weird adventure through an epic trip
    Forum Member
    Ok I would like this set list...

Intro GGW
    - Open Your Heart, Give Me Your Luvin, Some Girls [Cheerleader Section]
    - Express Yourself, Deeper and Deeper, Vogue, Justify My Love, Erotica, Back in Business [Lolita Section]
    - Im Addicted, Hung Up, GGW, Impressive Instant, Ray of Light [NYC Rave Section]
    - Gang Bang, Beautiful Killer, Casuing a Commotion, Til Death Do Us Part, Revolver [1920s Mafia/Gangster]
    - Like A Prayer, , Nothing Fails, Masterpiece, Secret, I`m a Sinner [Gospel/Redemption Section]
    Holiday, Celebration, Into The Groove, Who`s That Girl, Music, Turn Up The Radio [80s Party Celebration]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the aspects of Superbowl i kept seeing Aphrodite not in a copying way but in a ive seen it way she is so much better it felt beneath her and ill fitting to her as an artist but the overall performance was good.

And im all for the whole wahorlian sticking to the drug connotations vibe like a weird adventure through an epic trip

Again maybe its because i havent seen Kylies tour (even though i got it for my mum lol) i dont click with those vibes at all or Kylie fans going on about it...when i saw the performance of Kylies on the chariot...it couldnt be poles apart...this was Kylie being taken out onto her concert. This was Madonna making a dramatic and regal entrance back into the public eye.

By far the only way Madonna could showcase it :cool: And i do love the Liz Taylor symbolisms.

But i know you love Kylie Hav_mor so therefore the Aphrodite crud youll see first ;) But Egypt beats Rome anyday :p

And yes i want something bold, punky, trippy...really distorted like the album symbolises all these elements and bringing that into the live shows i reckon would be something else completely :cool:

And what i love about it is people kept saying across the last decade (well last 4 years or so) that people "used to" make events for Madonna when she was launching something new...and here it was with MDNA and her SUper Bowl extravagant performance.

In all honesty....i say it again, i (and i do rewatch it every so often) felt like i was watching history right there....and the results, media right after it, viewerships etc really MADE that i feel too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I would like this set list...

Intro GGW
    - Open Your Heart, Give Me Your Luvin, Some Girls [Cheerleader Section]
    - Express Yourself, Deeper and Deeper, Vogue, Justify My Love, Erotica, Back in Business [Lolita Section]
    - Im Addicted, Hung Up, GGW, Impressive Instant, Ray of Light [NYC Rave Section]
    - Gang Bang, Beautiful Killer, Casuing a Commotion, Til Death Do Us Part, Revolver [1920s Mafia/Gangster]
    - Like A Prayer, , Nothing Fails, Masterpiece, Secret, I`m a Sinner [Gospel/Redemption Section]
    Holiday, Celebration, Into The Groove, Who`s That Girl, Music, Turn Up The Radio [80s Party Celebration]

I really dig a lot of what you have there has to be said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again maybe its because i havent seen Kylies tour (even though i got it for my mum lol) i dont click with those vibes at all or Kylie fans going on about it...when i saw the performance of Kylies on the chariot...it couldnt be poles apart...this was Kylie being taken out onto her concert. This was Madonna making a dramatic and regal entrance back into the public eye.

By far the only way Madonna could showcase it :cool: And i do love the Liz Taylor symbolisms.

But i know you love Kylie Hav_mor so therefore the Aphrodite crud youll see first ;) But Egypt beats Rome anyday :p

And yes i want something bold, punky, trippy...really distorted like the album symbolises all these elements and bringing that into the live shows i reckon would be something else completely :cool:

And what i love about it is people kept saying across the last decade (well last 4 years or so) that people "used to" make events for Madonna when she was launching something new...and here it was with MDNA and her SUper Bowl extravagant performance.

In all honesty....i say it again, i (and i do rewatch it every so often) felt like i was watching history right there....and the results, media right after it, viewerships etc really MADE that i feel too :)

I think it was more the association with ancient stylings that i connected with and then thought Aphrodite because both were saying the same thing were they not im back and you love it it was never a direct comparison between them both just the ideologies behind it which was just less impactful for me than you perhaps having not really gotten into the Aphrodite era.

And yes i think ima be disappointed if it isnt a little out of the box with elements of early Madonna and MDNA
    Forum Member
    its interesting thinking of songs for the tour...becuase I have realised just how many great songs she has!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was more the association with ancient stylings that i connected with and then thought Aphrodite because both were saying the same thing were they not im back and you love it it was never a direct comparison between them both just the ideologies behind it which was just less impactful for me than you perhaps having not really gotten into the Aphrodite era.

And yes i think ima be disappointed if it isnt a little out of the box with elements of early Madonna and MDNA

Thats very true...dont worry not knocking ;) but i think it was easier for people who are Kylie fans to dissect it a bit really. But for me on that night after and some posters were saying about that i was rather baffeled and when i saw her Aphrodite clip of what they were talking about i saw no comparison at all really lol.

If anything...Madonna did Xena to rival Xena :cool:

And totally i really think she is gonna harness her routes into the music and performances and showcase it. Makes it even more of a shame casual listeners/fans may miss out on it though because in life performances Madonna really does showcase everything in what she can do in such an uncontrolled controlled environment really

She is a lethal weapon with balls :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its interesting thinking of songs for the tour...becuase I have realised just how many great songs she has!!!

Thats the thing though isnt it...with every single songs of Madonnas career and every album has showcased so many elements of her as an artist to date.

So the question will be how they have selected what songs will fit and sut the vibes of the tour.

I do hope we get an album track from some albums as well as some classics and overlooked gems too and just mix it all up and reinvent it with the current album vibes etc :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats very true...dont worry not knocking ;) but i think it was easier for people who are Kylie fans to dissect it a bit really. But for me on that night after and some posters were saying about that i was rather baffeled and when i saw her Aphrodite clip of what they were talking about i saw no comparison at all really lol.

If anything...Madonna did Xena to rival Xena :cool:

And totally i really think she is gonna harness her routes into the music and performances and showcase it. Makes it even more of a shame casual listeners/fans may miss out on it though because in life performances Madonna really does showcase everything in what she can do in such an uncontrolled controlled environment really

She is a lethal weapon with balls :cool:

Thats why as a fan of both i can see comparisons without the need to bitch iunlike others on the forums we can see greatness in both but i get where your coming from Kylie was the godess of love all celestial and pretty whilst Madonna put on some Armour and a sword and did battle whilst Kylie ate grapes and danced for the troupes :p

She really should like on re-invention bringing new to the old and vice versa a showcase of her best elements
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats why as a fan of both i can see comparisons without the need to bitch iunlike others on the forums we can see greatness in both but i get where your coming from Kylie was the godess of love all celestial and pretty whilst Madonna put on some Armour and a sword and did battle whilst Kylie ate grapes and danced for the troupes :p

She really should like on re-invention bringing new to the old and vice versa a showcase of her best elements

Yes thats how i view them in my mind though too ironically. Madonna is like the leader, the warrior, while Kylie is more kinda spiritual and goddess like really. But i am glad that we can see from both angles though ;) i mean i am not as big a Kylie fan as you but from what my mum knows and i pick up on along the way i think i am doing okay :D And Body Language is a fave so that gave me some Minogue street cred...does it not?? :D

Whereas Madonna really is savage, cut throat and build like a warrior....and Britney built like a brick shithouse of course ;) :cool:

And totally I really want Madonna to fuse all these elements...can imagine something like a time vortex mixing the past with present and all these layers. Hmmm. I cannot wait though like a mix of Punk/Electro/Disco/grungy/Trippy/Techno elements all fused together somewhat.
    Forum Member
    I love Madonna, Kylie, Gaga and Beyonce!

Best Madonna Tour - Madonna Re-inVention Tour, Confessions, then Girlie Show, then Blonde Ambition
    Best Kylie Tour - Showgirl, Aphrodite, then Fever.
    Best Lady Gaga Tour - Fame Ball Tour, Monster Ball Tour
    Beyonce - I am
This discussion has been closed.