Taylor Swift- I Knew You Were Trouble

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    It's amazing that the US is one of Lana del Rey's least successful markets but that hasn't stopped major stars there being influenced by her already. If you want to see how 'this' sort of video should really be done you need to watch Lana's 'Ride' then come back to taylor's and laugh at the amateurish attempt at a rip off. These sort of videos demand acting skills and Ms Swift isn't and never will be an actress. And the song is as annoying as it is catchy. :o

Doesn't this remind me of David Bowie?

He was never be the big seller 'till 1984 but influencing as hell. Not that Lana has as much influence as David Bowie had, but I think she has left a footprint in the music business, that she can be proud of.
  • Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video reminds me of We Found Love. I really like the song though.
    OMG that video is like a terrible copy of Lana Del Rey's "Ride"
    It's amazing that the US is one of Lana del Rey's least successful markets but that hasn't stopped major stars there being influenced by her already. If you want to see how 'this' sort of video should really be done you need to watch Lana's 'Ride' then come back to taylor's and laugh at the amateurish attempt at a rip off. These sort of videos demand acting skills and Ms Swift isn't and never will be an actress. And the song is as annoying as it is catchy.

Play We Found Love over the video, works much better! :D

I'm not really a fan of Lana Del Ray, her music is a bit too dark and dramatic for me. I can see why people are making comparisons, apparently it's the same director. Ride is hauntingly good though, I Knew You Were Trouble is pretty naff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    OMG! Taylor Swift you are so alternative and edgy and dif-fa-rant!

NOT.

I'm sorry. I have nothing against Taylor Swift, I'm sure she's a lovely girl and all that. But that was pretty painful to watch. I nearly p*ssed myself laughing when the "dark" Lana Del Rey rip off video in the desert with shady boyfriend + rip off monologue finished and the high school cheery happy, happy, joy, joy pop tune actually started. I don't think I have ever seen such an inappropriate combination of images with actual tune in a pop video ever.

Just because the lyrics have words like "trouble" in doesn't stop the horrendous mis-match of visuals and high school pop. The whole thing is obviously just a very bad cynical attempt to try and make Taylor appeal to an older market.

Also Lana's Ride monologue is meaningful (if you are aware of Lana personality+life story), Taylor's was just a load of empty waffle. The only plus point for me is it shows how influential LDR is becoming!

LDR is a commercial and critical flop compared to Taylor. I am pretty sure Taylor has not even seen "Ride." The small influence that you are seeing is coming from the fact that both videos were done by the same director.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LDR is a commercial and critical flop compared to Taylor. I am pretty sure Taylor has not even seen "Ride." The small influence that you are seeing is coming from the fact that both videos were done by the same director.

Are you n***?
    They were together 2 months ago by the EMA's Lana even handed over Taylor the first price, you can see from the photos they seems to like and respect each other. Surely they had spoken together and Lana had probably recommended Anthony Mandler(Lana is best friend with his wife) for the Video. Lana has written the screenplay to Ride and you can bet on that Taylor has seen Ride.

They have both with about 3,3 millions seller the biggest albums released this year. And most likely Lana has written 2 songs for the Great Gatsby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I agree whole heartedly its extremely difficult to come up with a wholly original idea. But maybe as your not as much of a pop fan the similarities are not as obvious to you as they appear to others but the video is heavily reminiscent of the big pop video artist of the last two years or so be it LDR, Rihanna, or Kp. And the song actually would appeal to an older audience as the dance influence would work well in clubs and bars frequented by the people of my age she is shifting away from teh teeny bopper songs a little. The irony is she said herself to find yourself you have to lose yourself and she has lost herself along the lines or maybe this is the real TS we're finally getting to see in which case it aint pretty :D:p I jest from an objective point of you great pop song, killer hooks, nice visuals and liking thea hair :p

I dont mind the video, its more interesting than the song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    Are you n***?
    They were together 2 months ago by the EMA's Lana even handed over Taylor the first price, you can see from the photos they seems to like and respect each other. Surely they had spoken together and Lana had probably recommended Anthony Mandler(Lana is best friend with his wife) for the Video. Lana has written the screenplay to Ride and you can bet on that Taylor has seen Ride.

They have both with about 3,3 millions seller the biggest albums released this year. And most likely Lana has written 2 songs for the Great Gatsby.

You cant say anything just becuase LDR and taylor were together at an awards show. LDR is not an artist taylor has ever commented on and I agree with the other poster bet she has not even see LDR videos, she dont have time.

And lets be honest LDR is a middle of the road artist, taylor is a superstar in a totally different league on all levels, I doubt taylor would copy anything an artist like LDR would do.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Taylor Swift has been around for years. Lana only had her breakthrough this year.
    Unfair comparison.
    Though what is clear is that Miss Swift is clearly influenced by Lana:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cant say anything just becuase LDR and taylor were together at an awards show. LDR is not an artist taylor has ever commented on and I agree with the other poster bet she has not even see LDR videos, she dont have time.

And lets be honest LDR is a middle of the road artist, taylor is a superstar in a totally different league on all levels, I doubt taylor would copy anything an artist like LDR would do.

Usually I don't like to respond to you but I make an exception,

I don't respond what you think of LDR, it's not worth.

Just one thing, last week Taylor was in Germany at Schlag den Raab. One month ago Lana was at Schlag den Raab. So why are the both at Stefan Raab? It's easy by Lana Germany is something like a homebase but Taylor? And here is the thing The manager of Lana has a girlfriend in Germany who works for the same station as Stefan Raab. So the thing is Stefan requested Taylor probably recomended the show through the management of Lana.
    You say Taylor is busy and have time for nothing. I say if you make pop you have to look what is in the market. Madonna was the master of it.

And artists, manager do speak to each other direct or via E-mail more than we think of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Taylor Swift has been around for years. Lana only had her breakthrough this year.
    Unfair comparison.
    Though what is clear is that Miss Swift is clearly influenced by Lana:)

I think when you see a list of the artists that have influenced taylor, LDR would not even be in the same universe.

Along with adele and katie meula LDR has to be the most boring female artist I have heard in 40 years of listening to music:) I very much doubt anything LDR could do would even ruffle taylors feathers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think when you see a list of the artists that have influenced taylor, LDR would not even be in the same universe.

Along with adele and katie meula LDR has to be the most boring female artist I have heard in 40 years of listening to music:) I very much doubt anything LDR could do would even ruffle taylors feathers.

Lol GL we all know how smart you are.:p

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1444000&highlight=adele
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member

That's strange because outside the US, Lana ousells Taylor comfortably.
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Taylor Swift is in the middle of an identity crisis. Her last identity as America's sweetheart is too limiting, what with the 10-18 year old fan base.
    So of course she is watching Rihanna and Katy and LDR. The first two have found worldwide success with mediocre voices just like TS, and LDR is beautiful and stylish and pushes the visual boundaries.

Adele (Billboard Artist of The Year and Album of The Year and Female of the year, all for the second year in a row) is beyond comparison. We already agreed upon that GL. Beyond sound coming out of their mouths, they have nothing else in common.

BTW, I love this new version of Taylor. Can't wait to see what happens next. The slew of famous boyfriends (both too old or too young) is awesome. This girl keeps giving! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member

In that case TS would be completely out of touch. And the video clearly tells a different story. And it's not a quesiton fo LDR of ruffling TS's feather. It's the question of TS being smart enough to watch what's goig on in the pop world. If you think she is too stupid to do that, well...

I don't know Lana so much, but as for Adele and Katie Melua we are of very different opinions. But I guess you know that. TS has a way to go.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But she has had time to work with the person who worked with Lana on her last video and lana write the concept so it's obvious that there would have been a knowledge of and willingness to draw from it if bit wholly influenced. I'm in agreeance with most on her that TS is being clever in using current trends to broaden her appeal as let's face it she has more in common with pop culture right now than she does country as a whole. And I like the song it's catchy if not groundbreaking.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like this song :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But she has had time to work with the person who worked with Lana on her last video and lana write the concept so it's obvious that there would have been a knowledge of and willingness to draw from it if bit wholly influenced. I'm in agreeance with most on her that TS is being clever in using current trends to broaden her appeal as let's face it she has more in common with pop culture right now than she does country as a whole. And I like the song it's catchy if not groundbreaking.

Thing is taylor dont need to do it, thats why I seriously feel she is not totally in control of her destiny like she makes out. Think she has to partially accept her record company's suggestions even if she maybe dont agree with them.
    The good thing is this "pop pap" take she is doing is failing, her albums sales are not that spectacular and she has upset a lot of her dedicated fanbase as well as losing credibility amoungst pro musicians.
    Of course someone as talented as her can pull it back on her next album but I for one am certainly not enjoying her new look or general style and her overall credibility is taking a serious hit as well. She is still a class act and stands head and shoulders above any other female artist out there right now in all aspects but what she is trying to do now is just not taylor.
    Forum Member
    Thing is taylor dont need to do it, thats why I seriously feel she is not totally in control of her destiny like she makes out. Think she has to partially accept he record company's suggestions even if she maybe dont agree with them.
    The good thing is this "pop pap" take she is doing is failing, her albums sales are not that spectacular and she has upset a lot of her dedicated fanbase as well as losing credibility amoungst pro musicians.
    Of course someone as talented as her can pull it back on her next album but I for one am certainly not enjoying her new look or general style and her overall credibility is taking a serious hit as well. She is still a class act and stand head and shoulder above any other female artist right now in all aspects but what she is trying to do now is just not taylor.

It's almost like she's been reading your slagging off of Adele on here for almost 2 years and she decided to have a joke at your expense, GL. I really do feel sorry for you at the moment. Sending hugs your way right now....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    It's almost like she's been reading your slagging off of Adele on here for almost 2 years and she decided to have a joke at your expense, GL. I really do feel sorry for you at the moment. Sending hugs your way right now....

It makes me laugh, now that adele has retired we have all the LDR stans hijacking the taylor threads.:D
    Forum Member
    It makes me laugh, now that adele has retired we have all the LDR stans hijacking the taylor threads.:D

You need to stop putting on such a brave face and let it go. A looonnnggg primal scream is the way to go, get it out of your system. You won't believe how much better you will feel.

'ohhh, Taylor, wwwwwhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy?????'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is taylor dont need to do it, thats why I seriously feel she is not totally in control of her destiny like she makes out. Think she has to partially accept her record company's suggestions even if she maybe dont agree with them.
    Of course someone as talented as her can pull it back on her next album but I for one am certainly not enjoying her new look or general style and her overall credibility is taking a serious hit as well. She is still a class act and stands head and shoulders above any other female artist out there right now in all aspects but what she is trying to do now is just not taylor.

TS is a smart girl with huge business acumen i may not admire all she does but i admire her for that alone. She needed to break out of the confines of appealing to pre-teens etc and this was the quickest and easiest way to do it and it may not have had huge sales but its done enough to put her out there. Is it the best way to do it no ther are bigger stars out there that do this better Katy Perry fills the singer/songwriter pop queen with credibility that appeals across the border she eve3n to me is better than that and should ahve taken a different route.

And as for Adle retiring two years Billboard woman of the year without lifting a finger and Skyfall 2m WW again without even a sniff of promo she could release retire and sell in equal measure. And LDR is being mentioned in teh same way as Rihanna as there are similarites in style in the video i will admit she is not exactl selling hotcakes but she has critical acclaim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just seen this video and the first thing I thought of was Lana Del Rey 'Ride'. I know it's the same director but it also feels like the same concept and a similar story.

And for some to call Lana a "flop" or a "lightweight" artist is laughable and doesn't excuse the fact that the videos are almost identical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TS is a smart girl with huge business acumen i may not admire all she does but i admire her for that alone. She needed to break out of the confines of appealing to pre-teens etc and this was the quickest and easiest way to do it and it may not have had huge sales but its done enough to put her out there. Is it the best way to do it no ther are bigger stars out there that do this better Katy Perry fills the singer/songwriter pop queen with credibility that appeals across the border she eve3n to me is better than that and should ahve taken a different route.

And as for Adle retiring two years Billboard woman of the year without lifting a finger and Skyfall 2m WW again without even a sniff of promo she could release retire and sell in equal measure. And LDR is being mentioned in teh same way as Rihanna as there are similarites in style in the video i will admit she is not exactl selling hotcakes but she has critical acclaim.

That sums it up, "without lifting a finger", that about sumed up her short career.

And comparing T and KP is laughable, I am a big KP fan but she is not in the same league as Taylor on any level.
    And your wont wind me up with your comments about T and pre-teens stuff, adele and LDR have more pre-teen fans then taylor could ever muster. And I would rather my fav artist have young fans then pensioners which surely must be a high proportion of what Adele and LDR fans are.
    Susan boil cast offs:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sums it up, "without lifting a finger", that about sumed up her short career.

And comparing T and KP is laughable, I am a big KP fan but she is not in the same league as Taylor on any level.
    And your wont wind me up with your comments about T and pre-teens stuff, adele and LDR have more pre-teen fans then taylor could ever muster. And I would rather my fav artist have young fans then pensioners which surely must be a high proportion of what Adele and LDR fans are.
    Susan boil cast offs:p

I disagree i think Adele will most likely have a Sade style career disappear release and sell consistently.

And im using the comparision only because TS is treading in that territory and KP does pop better than TS and TS should stick to what she knows but grow from it and mature rather than going grunge and attending midnight raves :p she just cant do it like the others :) And i wasn't trying tow ind you up i was justs aying that she has a high percentage of yong teens not that they make up her entire demographic and that she is growing with the as they grow whilst trying to get others her age on board its a good if transparent move that does not ring true. I have never nor will i ever buy a SUBO record :D just no gL Subo, 1D, Beiber, Gomez anything off of disney is a no go :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Cristal's out once again... ;)

It does summed up the last year, not her career. And speak to her advantage. Imagine if she will lift her finger? Or maybe just her toe? :D

All the rest could not get the same level of success as Adele even if they stood on their heads and clapped their ears. I know it's tough on you that she gets more by doing less. Just follow koney's advice and it will get better. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree i think Adele will most likely have a Sade style career disappear release and sell consistently.

And im using the comparision only because TS is treading in that territory and KP does pop better than TS and TS should stick to what she knows but grow from it and mature rather than going grunge and attending midnight raves :p she just cant do it like the others :) And i wasn't trying tow ind you up i was justs aying that she has a high percentage of yong teens not that they make up her entire demographic and that she is growing with the as they grow whilst trying to get others her age on board its a good if transparent move that does not ring true. I have never nor will i ever buy a SUBO record :D just no gL Subo, 1D, Beiber, Gomez anything off of disney is a no go :p

Well guess many adele fans now are SUBO cast offs:p

I agree KP does pop well and taylor should stay well away from it in the future unless she seriously wants to damage her credibility and be typecast along with all the other pop pap artists.