Options

Recording Titles

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
Hi, I am totally new to both freeview and PVRs so I am sorry if this is a stupid question. I've just recently kicked sky into touch.

The problem I have is this.

I purchased a Humax 9200t last week and set some recording up for the weekend. I knew the 9200 did not have auto padding so I added 5 minutes either side to the recording times. Unlike a lot of people on this forum all of my recodings have worked.

The problem is that all the recording have be titled with the previous program name due to the 5 minutes I added at the start.

Is this something I am going to have to live with or is there a solution. It's hardly the end of the world compared the the problems other people are having and I know I can rename them later but its still an irritation.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    It's not ideal, but you can get around it by changing the name of the recording by
    going into the schedule via the menu button and selecting "edit properties".

A related problem is that recordings sometimes don't get a title at all.

I have several reservations set to record weekly, and padded at the end by 5 minutes.
    Frequently, the program appears in the schedule with the wrong date (one week later
    than it should be) and the title is the name of the channel (e.g. BBC ONE) rather than
    the name of the program.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I'll appreciate it if the firmware is updated to allow padding and keeping the original name, but having just upgraded from a VCR, even having the date and time in the playlist is a major step up in functionality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    The problem really comes to light if you set a recording to repeat weekly. In taht case you cant edit properties of the scheduled recording.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    The problem really comes to light if you set a recording to repeat weekly. In taht case you cant edit properties of the scheduled recording.

Not true. I do this regularly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    You can edit after it's recorded, but it records with the wrong name or blank. I though when I tried that it wouldnt let me edit it. I must check again later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    You can edit after it's recorded, but it records with the wrong name or blank. I though when I tried that it wouldnt let me edit it. I must check again later.

I've had a look at this and you can edit a recording title once it is finished but there is no way of editing a schedule title.
  • Options
    Tool2004Tool2004 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Another problem if recording using 'weekly' or 'daily' is that the wrong date is shown.
    For example: If recording daily from 1PM to 2PM (using the edit function in the reserved programme list) and you press the 'Play list' button to show your recordings, the date shown for that days recording is for the following day, due to using the 'daily' function.