Options

Simon Smith

2»

Comments

• Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said elsewhere, it says a lot about the way Simon conducted himself on the show that even though he left after only four weeks, he still ended up being ranked the third best candidate of the series in the Rank the Candidates poll...pretty remarkable achievement really...:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    I think he proved once again what a bloody nice bloke he is! :D

ABSOLUTELY!!
    Thoroughly decent, charming, modest man.
    I hope he does really well after all this.
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i thought he was very good and went too soon. Glad he came back last night, he really is a geniounly nice guy and it would be nice to see him on TV again. I think he'll at least get a good job now. Was actually my first favourite to win lol and it made me hate Claire because of how she was
  • Options
    Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing wrong with last night's episode was it didn't show more of Simon! Personally, I'd have been quite happy if the whole programme had focussed on him and ignored everyone else! (OK, I know that would have defeated the whole point of the final - but I'd still have liked it!)

Simon Smith = the nicest and most gorgeous contestant on The Apprentice EVER!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABSOLUTELY!!
    Thoroughly decent, charming, modest man.
    I hope he does really well after all this.

No good for SAS's operation, then. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sebright wrote: »
    No good for SAS's operation, then. :)

Too good for SAS's operation.....;)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the candidates, I would love to hear that Simon has had some good offers come out of doing the series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    he had a slave mentality. the way he was gushing over claire in the boardroom...pretty weak person if he cant just give straightforward comments without sucking up, esp. considering as she was such a bitch to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sosomode wrote: »
    he had a slave mentality. the way he was gushing over claire in the boardroom...pretty weak person if he cant just give straightforward comments without sucking up, esp. considering as she was such a bitch to him.

Or maybe he was being honest She definitely did change her attitude over the course of the series, and he acknowledged that. He was very gracious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    maybe...but he kept saying 'sir' in a different way to the rest aswell. i just dont like sycophantic people, and i think he was the worst culprit from all the candidates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was saying 'Sir' in a different way to everyone else? I don't mean to be rude, but what do you mean?????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whenever he said 'sir' he just emphasised it more, like everyone else would just say 'sralan' but simon would say 'SIR...alan'. and dont forget the time when he just said 'alan' and nearly had a heart attack over it, it was an easy mistake. plus he was subservient to raef. hes one of those odd insecure people who think theyre less than certain people for no good reason, and uses sucking up as a tool to rectify it.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Simon.

I did manage to forgive Claire for the whole firing incident because at least she took it on board and changed. Would have been worse if she'd ousted him and been fired the next week, although I did want her to be at first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sosomode wrote: »
    hes one of those odd insecure people who think theyre less than certain people for no good reason, and uses sucking up as a tool to rectify it.

Excuse me???? Simon was the one who kept forgetting to use 'Sir' !!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    fat jezfat jez Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    booklover wrote: »
    He was saying 'Sir' in a different way to everyone else? I don't mean to be rude, but what do you mean?????

He's ex-forces, he'd be used to addressing officers in that way, so I suspect he almost has to remind himself to tack the Alan onto the end of the sir.

I still think he didn't deserve to out when he did, but I agree that he would make a good second in command wherever he ends up.

Cheers,
    Stephen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a lovely, lovely fella. :) After the way Alex & Claire treated him, he put it all behind him, told Alex to go on and win it and then praised Claire for her work in the final. How many of the other candidates would have done that? Not many.

Too bad we never got to see more of him.

Simon Smith, i salute you! :)
  • Options
    MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Simon. Does anyone know what he is doing now. Is he back working with Sky?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murraymar wrote: »
    I love Simon. Does anyone know what he is doing now. Is he back working with Sky?

According to a post he made on his facebook page, he has been promoted to field manager...:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fat jez wrote: »
    He's ex-forces, he'd be used to addressing officers in that way, so I suspect he almost has to remind himself to tack the Alan onto the end of the sir.

I still think he didn't deserve to out when he did, but I agree that he would make a good second in command wherever he ends up.

Cheers,
    Stephen

I thought that it might be something to do with him being ex-forces.

I thought it was a bit harsh of sosomode to dislike him for the way he said 'Sir' and for being nice about Claire!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,516
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    That was a great comment. :D:D

He does seem like a decent, genuine bloke.

Agree with that :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    He is a lovely, lovely fella. :) After the way Alex & Claire treated him, he put it all behind him, told Alex to go on and win it and then praised Claire for her work in the final. How many of the other candidates would have done that? Not many.

Too bad we never got to see more of him.

Simon Smith, i salute you! :)

I thought that he was a splendid bloke; salt of the earth happy to buy him a pint etc. It's a shame he wasn't around longer. (In another universe, Alex got sacked for being a miserable shirker on the photo task. Or the other team lost as they got fined for ripping people off by charging £15 for a photo printed on crap ordinary paper :) )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Completely adored Simon :)
    The real 'winner' in this series for me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-558517/Spare-pathetic-bleating-The-Apprentice-nasty-Britain-needs-winners---politically-correct-losers.html

here's an interesting point of view for Simon fans.

I agree with all this nice guy, "real winner" business but unfortunately Sir Alan is more bottom line driven than Simon and Simon LOST him money when all is said and done. yes it wasn't entirely his fault but if you lose someone like Sir Al money in his world (and I'm not suggesting this is desirable or undesirable) it's worse than lying on your CV

Edit: Apart from perhaps lying on your CV about losing money