Doctor Who - Series 6, Ep 9: Night Terrors - BBC One, 7.00 pm - Discussion Thread

BobbyMaloneBobbyMalone Posts: 709
Forum Member
✭✭
[news]- 10 teasers for 'Night Terrors'
- 'Night Terrors' in pictures
- 'Doctor Who' boss Steven Moffat 'has no plans to leave'[/news]
Quick everyone!

Dive behind that there sofa!

Peg Dolls are coming and they be scary!

Fingers crossed that this is finally a Gatiss classic.

And a standalone episode for all those arc- phobics amongst you.

What did you think of this episode? 732 votes

Excellent
31% 228 votes
Good
33% 245 votes
Average
22% 165 votes
Poor
8% 60 votes
Awful
4% 34 votes

Comments

• Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    Well I like the story arc, but a standalone episode does sound like fun.

*dives behind sofa*
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been looking forward to this episode ever since I saw a picture of those dolls months ago (it may even have been last year)!:)
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've a feeling this will be Gatiss' best so far. :)
  • temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate this time of day.... Time to do constructive things until the wait is finally over!
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as I used to "watch" through my hands covering my eyes, peeping now and then at the daleks - exterminate!:eek::) - so shall I nodoubt do the same today.;)

Inanimate, static objects, such as dolls, stone angels, etc, are not supposed to move so, when they do, it is very, very scary.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    Let's all hope that the Doctor manages to defeat Ant and Dec like he did in 2005!
    :)
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Let's all hope that the Doctor manages to defeat Ant and Dec like he did in 2005!

on overnights it probably won't, but on final ratings it may well do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    The talentless duo have a new show?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The talentless duo have a new show?

Why-aye, man! Something to do with red and black.
    I have no idea what it is and I won't be watching it.
  • temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    on overnights it probably won't, but on final ratings it may well do.

This is what I am thinking. I am fully expecting when this thread reaches page 40+ the doom mongers will be blaming this on everything other than the fact there is a new mindless simon cowell production on the opposite side.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    The Times newspaper today has Doctor Who as the TV Pick of the Day and the reviewer says "This is the best episode of Doctor Who for as long as I can remember." :) They give it a really glowing review. It is, apparantly, scary :eek:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    temperare wrote: »
    This is what I am thinking. I am fully expecting when this thread reaches page 40+ the doom mongers will be blaming this on everything other than the fact there is a new mindless simon cowell production on the opposite side.

Simon Cowell has all the attributes of the Antichrist. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    The Times newspaper today has Doctor Who as the TV Pick of the Day and the reviewer says "This is the best episode of Doctor Who for as long as I can remember." :) They give it a really glowing review. It is, apparantly, scary :eek:.

I have a feeling that some of the Gatiss haters will be eating their words tonight. :cool:
  • SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »

I Hope Doctor Who does get more viewers. The Ant and Dec thing sounds crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot wait for this episode.

I think it will (hopefully) ensure more people have trust in Mark! I love his style of writing....but damn imma watch behind the sofa!

Has an old skool vibe about it doesnt it? Damn am loving this series so much! But my days The Silence and Weeping Angels looks set to have rivals in Peg Dolls :-O
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely forgot it was Saturday today! I haven't been working this week that's why, also I watched last episode on Monday, so it's not been a whole week's wait! I can't believe I'm actually going to watch it live lol. I don't think there's been an episode this series where I haven't waited to watch it. I am going to make sure no one interrupts me, and if my annoying Irish housemate, who speaks WAY too loudly annoys me. I will be pausing it until he's gone!

2 more episodes to watch in this house, then I move to a house with a non HD TV (4:3 CRT!! :() So I'll be watching it on my laptop until I buy a telly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    I completely forgot it was Saturday today! I haven't been working this week that's why, also I watched last episode on Monday, so it's not been a whole week's wait! I can't believe I'm actually going to watch it live lol. I don't think there's been an episode this series where I haven't waited to watch it. I am going to make sure no one interrupts me, and if my annoying Irish housemate, who speaks WAY too loudly annoys me. I will be pausing it until he's gone!

2 more episodes to watch in this house, then I move to a house with a non HD TV (4:3 CRT!! :() So I'll be watching it on my laptop until I buy a telly!

Hope you enjoy SHaron and make the most of it :D
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that some of the Gatiss haters will be eating their words tonight. :cool:

Well I hope so -- I'm a huge fan of his but his Who hasn't been quite right for me -- the Daleks story in particular.

Fingers crossed for tonight.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way "Night Terrors" and spooky dolls reminded me of that story of Karen Blacks in the famous Trilogy of Terror anthology way back. Hope to God for the kids sake its nothing like as scary though. !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Not got high hopes for this episode given the writer's track record :\

Hope I'm proven wrong though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark gatiss has said this is a definite standalone episode BUT listen to a nursery rhyme with a bleak warning!

This episode is just gonna have me on edge i know it!
  • paulmasterpaulmaster Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    is it 7 yet
  • TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look a good episode to me :confused: Of course, I hope it will prove me wrong. :)
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,763
    Forum Member
    I wish Total Wipeout would hurry up and finish!
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't I've just ate! Need time for the dinner to go down before I start watching Doctor Who!