Programme obviously not live so.....

PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
Forum Member
✭✭✭
...... when exactly did all this really take place? If a week or so ago, it's amazing someone hadn't spilled the beans (to make shedloads from the tabloids) about who had won.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the final boardroom where Sir Alan decides who is hired they recorded both Claire and Lee winning. The Claire winning version was sent out as a 'preview' copy of the final episode to those who got their hands on it earlier in the week, which is probably why Claire was the favourite to win yesterday. I think he only made the decision the other day, as they filmed You're Hired on Tuesday night, my guess is that on Tuesday Lee found out he was the apprentice.
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My understanding of it always was that they filmed two alternate endings, as the previous poster said. Then a few nights before the final is aired Sir Alan actually decides.

I remember Michelle Dewberry and the Badger talking about it on tv at the time they were in the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Well I saw it another forum, a member who watches the episodes early through preview DVDs each week said that

Bless you AntiInternet! You try to be helpful and are met with abuse.

Well done the_phoo for your back-up :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The final task was filmed some time ago. When the candidates left the house at 7:35am it was still dark - seeing as it is light at 4:00am now...
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit harsh to film two endings.. :|
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    It's a bit harsh to film two endings.. :|

And suddenly Claire crying in the boardroom after Lee winning seems odd :confused:
  • DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For such a high profile series, the final has always seemed a bit flat to me - as it's all obviously pre-recorded months ago

I can't understand why they don't go the US route and at least have the final announcement "live" in front of an audience
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Ansildrall wrote: »
    And suddenly Claire crying in the boardroom after Lee winning seems odd :confused:

Maybe they did that one first and didn't tell her :D
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    An interesting guide to the continuity, etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6729621.stm