Options

New Tricks

Comments

• Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    It's interesting that his daughter (both real and in the show) has also had a visit to the dentist. Perhaps they got a family discount.

I always noticed when she was on telly that she would make a point of not baring her horrible yellow teeth. She now sports lovely white hollywood veneers.

Perhaps it is genetic in their family somehow.

Amanda's had dental work done as well, that's obvious from her top teeth last night! :)
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the network programme info on the BBC website, Jack is tracked down (and therefore back, as he is also listed in the credits) for episode 4 on 28th July

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/wk31/mon.shtml
  • Options
    LanceWilkinsLanceWilkins Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    According to the network programme info on the BBC website, Jack is tracked down (and therefore back, as he is also listed in the credits) for episode 4 on 28th July

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/wk31/mon.shtml

Thanks Mossy for information.

Great news!
    :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I think (from what I remember posted elsewhere in another New Trick thread on DS) episode 5 is where they pick up the story of Jack's involvement in the investigation of Sandra's father over corruption allegations. So I guess he will feature heavily.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    Wasn't the filming of this series delayed whilst Amanda Redman did her ITV show? Might explain Bolam's absence if it's due to other work commitments, though I still think it's a planned part of the storyline rather than being reactive to events such as illness.

Apparently Amanda also took some time off as her brother was unwell and subsequently died, so that may go some way to explaining a delay in filming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I think (from what I remember posted elsewhere in another New Trick thread on DS) episode 5 is where they pick up the story of Jack's involvement in the investigation of Sandra's father over corruption allegations. So I guess he will feature heavily.

jack doesn't really feature much in this episode...its more about sandra investigating her father's past...

though everything else is right, he is back soon...

lol...just remembered, mossy you were the poster who didn't believe me about my new tricks information!...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suziechan wrote: »
    lol...just remembered, mossy you were the poster who didn't believe me about my new tricks information!...
    Well, sceptical, especially considering the lack of any verifiable source ;) But I am happy to admit that I was wrong to be so.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for that less than illuminating post. I'm sure that we will all feel all the better for hearing your view.

No thanks necessary, mossy!

Glad I made everyone feel a little brighter on another dismal summer day :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks necessary, mossy!

Glad I made everyone feel a little brighter on another dismal summer day :D
    Yes, it just reminded us what a fantastic series New Tricks is, with some great performances. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, sceptical, especially considering the lack of any verifiable source ;) But I am happy to admit that I was wrong to be so.

ah cool. and i think you're right to be skeptical anyway - you didn't really know me...

glad you're enjoying the series! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anybody have any information on the ratings for this series?
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling that the way the BBC is these days that this may be the last series, they already downgraded the website in the last series so that viewers could no longer leave comments.

Personally I think its one of those series that could run and run, its a good mix of light hearted humour and drama thats just so easy to watch.

anybody have any information on the ratings for this series?

BARB figures for the first two episodes WE 13/07 was No 1 BBC programme 9.245 million, the WE 20/07 it also came it at No 1 with 8.69 million .

Overall for terrestrial it came No 1 in its first week and NO 3 in it's second behind two episodes of Corrie. Not bad figures seeing as the BBC have scheduled it during the peak holiday season this year(another reason I think they are trying to get rid of it ) when it is normally on around April .
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't think he has fallen out with the producers as his wife is still in the show each week--his real life wife, that is.
    Susan Jameson for those who did not know. :)
    GOOD LORD!!! :eek:

I didn't know she was his wife. And did you know that Dennis Waterman and Amanda Redman had a fling in the eighties? This show is so incestuous!! :D

Anyway I love New Tricks and I'm sure this won't be the last series as they announced this fifth series while the fourth series was running.

Well here's some trivia for you. Alun Armstrong's son is Jonas Armstrong who plays the title role in BBC1's Robin Hood.
  • Options
    ellie1167ellie1167 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Well here's some trivia for you. Alun Armstrong's son is Jonas Armstrong who plays the title role in BBC1's Robin Hood.

That might come as news to Jonas...try Joe Armstrong (Allan A Dale) instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellie1167 wrote: »

Oh it's that one, now I can see a resemblance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that the way the BBC is these days that this may be the last series,
    I doubt it as it's still mighty popular getting 8 million viewers, not many drama series can consistently command those sort of figures.
    they already downgraded the website in the last series so that viewers could no longer leave comments.
    That could be due to cutbacks in general, or not wanting to commit resource into having to check/moderate any comments, or just a consolidation exercise with the generic BBC Messageboard community.. In truth, it could be for any number of reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the show continues. I'm particularly enjoying this series so far and I think there is plenty of mileage in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I hope the show continues. I'm particularly enjoying this series so far and I think there is plenty of mileage in it.

Absolutely, they do some great mysteries and I'd love to see a feature length edition at Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it as it's still mighty popular getting 8 million viewers, not many drama series can consistently command those sort of figures.

That could be due to cutbacks in general, or not wanting to commit resource into having to check/moderate any comments, or just a consolidation exercise with the generic BBC Messageboard community.. In truth, it could be for any number of reasons.

You're right I think there was a cutback on the BBC website. People shouldn't automatically assume that because the dedicated New Tricks website is downgraded that the BBC aren't keen on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Christmas special would be a good idea. I don't think there's one being planned though, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D

The old 'feem toon' thing has become a bit of a running joke.

So glad he sorted his teeth out though. :p
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    A Christmas special would be a good idea. I don't think there's one being planned though, unfortunately.

No news from Wall to wall this time, last year I asked the BBC if there would be a fifth series and they responded by email that no decision had been made at that time, on the same day I recieved an email from Wall to Wall confirming that they had already commenced work on the fifth series.

This time round there is no reply from Wall to Wall, I assume that a Christmas special would have been planned at the same time as the Series Five schedule if there was to be one , and that the BBC have not yet made a decision on a Sixth Series, but going on viewing figures I would have thought it should get another, it of course will depend on whether the Beeb want to give the viewer what it wants or what they have been told - not to go after viewing figures but new ideas.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

I didn't know Alan had an actor son and I remember watching an episode of Foyle's War about a year or so back and there was someone on there who instantly made me think of Alan cos of the resemblance to a younger version of him, and I remember thinking, that could be his son! lol! :D

And of course, in the credits ... Joe Armstrong, so I realised he probably was! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've just Googled him - what a resemblance!!