• Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Haha forgot about Winnie :D
    I love Dot :D
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Love this show, it's more or less Gavin and Stacey with geordies instead of Welsh people but I love it anyway, Dot is priceless, especially turning up at the doorstep :eek::D Can't wait for the rest
  • Options
    dans_t16sdans_t16s Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Love this show, it's more or less Gavin and Stacey with geordies instead of Welsh people but I love it anyway, Dot is priceless, especially turning up at the doorstep :eek::D Can't wait for the rest

A mix of G&S and Pramface. Gina is excellent, as always.
    Very enjoyable too. Good opening episode of the series.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dans_t16s wrote: »
    A mix of G&S and Pramface. Gina is excellent, as always.
    Very enjoyable too. Good opening episode of the series.

I agree about Pramface, I was trying to recall the first series and kept getting confused with Pramface.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the first series.

My auntie used to live in the same street and they had outside toilets until the mid eighties would you believe!

Dot sounds exactly like my gran :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed it but I thought Chris Ramsay's acting ability, or lack of, showed a bit more in this episode. I don't know if it's because being a second series I expected him to improve.

I also thought they over did the disingenuous Dot stuff a bit.
  • Options
    NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasnt the best episode and the dot stuff was overdone but its good that its back on. They need to watch and not make the characters too way out there as they lose their appeal.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I watched it because I've got a pash for Kimberley Nixon but found it a bit average really.
  • Options
    aero63aero63 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    "It's a big world out there and I'm gonna learn the shite out of it" :D
  • Options
    ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed last nights episode. Love this series.:)
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a very mixed reception from the local rag

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/film-tv/hebburn-series-two-episode-one-6300290

(though I imagine it wasn't aimed at their readership)

I still find Ramsey a terrible terrible actor mind
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with this week's episode.

Big improvement on last week for me.
  • Options
    dans_t16sdans_t16s Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another excellent episode.
    Can't help thinking though that the introduction of a 2nd home will change the dynamics of them all living under one roof.

All good so far. :)
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Another slow thread, Some Girls thread just died.
    Anyway there's a chance of overplaying Dot, but she's so funny, I can suffer a bit of overkill.
    I'm really beginning to like Gina McKee(sp) in this now she seems to be coming to the fore.

I seem to be developing a 'thing' for Denise's character, don't know what that's about.
  • Options
    VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this last night.

Really good, I thought.

One thing I find particularly appealing is that every single one of the characters gets some excellent lines; there's no dead wood in the script.

Why this thread is so dead and yet, for example, the Doc Martin thread is inundated with traffic picking over every little thing like a group of bickering Oxbridge dons examining the genesis of Magna Carta - even weeks after the last series ended - is a bit of a mystery.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Love this show, it's more or less Gavin and Stacey with geordies ............t

There's a big difference though - Hebburn is funny.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Can definitely see why people see gavin and stacey in this, Not that it is a bad thing.

I do keep expecting the blonde girl to speak with a welsh accent whenever she goes to say a line.
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vetinari wrote: »
    Watched this last night.

Really good, I thought.

One thing I find particularly appealing is that every single one of the characters gets some excellent lines; there's no dead wood in the script.

Why this thread is so dead and yet, for example, the Doc Martin thread is inundated with traffic picking over every little thing like a group of bickering Oxbridge dons examining the genesis of Magna Carta - even weeks after the last series ended - is a bit of a mystery.

I agree completely.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Watched this last night.

Really good, I thought.

Oh don't bring Doc Martin into this, that'll only see an increase in the wrong kind of traffic.
    That said, not sure what that obsession is about, even though I'm watching a repeat on ITV3 right now :)
  • Options
    VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh don't bring Doc Martin into this, that'll only see an increase in the wrong kind of traffic.
    That said, not sure what that obsession is about, even though I'm watching a repeat on ITV3 right now :)

Yes, I've nothing against the programme - I think I've watched them all. I just don't understand why it's still being discussed so vigorously so long after the last series ended. :confused:
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've nothing against the programme - I think I've watched them all. I just don't understand why it's still being discussed so vigorously so long after the last series ended. :confused:

And analysed in such incredible detail while it was still being transmitted. In my opinion, some of the posters involved took themselves far too seriously.

Unless, of course, it was really a huge joke by a small number of FMs on the rest of us - a sort of self-generated "Pseuds Corner". In which case they should be congratulated - they went to a great deal of trouble to feign such pretentiousness.