Options

What direction should Britney Spears next album take?

2»

Comments

• Options
    KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, that Grindcore idea is terrible.

Do you really think that would impress her fanbase, let alone attract new fans or record buyers??

I'm pretty confident that it would. :D

Maybe as a way of hedging her bets, she could also play to the 90s nostalgia market, doing grindcore covers of well-loved hits.

A la this cover of MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" by the aforementioned "AC". (I'd say NSFW here- this particular cover isn't offensive, just incomprehensible, but the band's full name will definitely upset some people as will the links to their own material at the side. :o )
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kodaz wrote: »
    I'm pretty confident that it would. :D

Maybe as a way of hedging her bets, she could also play to the 90s nostalgia market, doing grindcore covers of well-loved hits.

A la this cover of MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" by the aforementioned "AC". (I'd say NSFW here- this particular cover isn't offensive, just incomprehensible, but the band's full name will definitely upset some people as will the links to their own material at the side. :o )

Awful, awful, awful! :p
  • Options
    rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The direction isn't an issue, her albums are always great and include potential hits (apart from Britney Jean). It's the issue with promotion. She needs to actually put the effort on, seem like she enjoys her work etc.
  • Options
    KodazKodaz Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful, awful, awful! :p

If you hated that, you'll *really* hate the 5643 song EP (NSFW for same reasons as before). Or maybe you'll love it!

It starts off slowly then gets, er... "interesting" at around the 45 second mark. :o They apparently "squeezed" 5643 songs onto a single EP by making each song 2 seconds long and having 16 of them(!) playing at any given time.

Anyway, yeah. This is the direction Britney Spears should take. it wouldn't alienate her fanbase at all. :cool: