UKIP launches EU vote 'out' campaign

NodgerNodger Posts: 6,668
Forum Member
Anyone have a link that works for Farage's speech this morning (well it's not working for me anyway, tried two browsers). I caught half of it at lunch time on BBC News24, but would like to see it all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34149246

Comments

• CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be voting "out" but I've no wish to hear that twerp.

Hopefully UKIP won't be allowed to dominate the anti EU coverage.
  • Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

When Corbyn is sworn in a Labour leader he will lead the Out campaign and more people will join however don't under estimate the power of Farage. He did made Clegg look like a red faced Idiot raving about conspiracy theories and the JFK assassination
  • NodgerNodger Posts: 6,668
    Forum Member

Fair enough, but he has the power to tell the truth, be outrageous and be a twerp all in a single breath. Makes for interesting and sometimes amusing viewing. Plus considering the current migrant situation in the EU i'd like to hear his (UKIP's) rhetoric.

Nonetheless, link still not working.

Edit: Just found part of it from another thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2hFQ4cm_3E
  • tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you quite sure Farage is campaigning about the EU :)
  • Fappy_McFapperFappy_McFapper Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame UKIP won't launch Farage into space.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Any idea who should?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame UKIP won't launch Farage into space.

They know he would land on his feet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nodger wrote: »
    Anyone have a link that works for Farage's speech this morning (well it's not working for me anyway, tried two browsers). I caught half of it at lunch time on BBC News24, but would like to see it all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34149246

I watched until instead of letting it continue, the good old BBC talked over the speech then faded it out.
    Forum Member
    tahiti wrote: »
    Are you quite sure Farage is campaigning about the EU :)

That's what the BBC said the speech was regarding, but it is apparent from that youtube link that they (the BBC) only chose to show that section (for some reason).
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Jeremy Corbyn is another turncoat on the Europe issue much like Cameron. Both stated they were commited Eurosceptics before being voted into positions of power and both now saying different things afterwards (or becoming increasingly likely in Corbyn's case). Both still have blinkered visions of being able to "reform the EU".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    So Jeremy Corbyn is another turncoat on the Europe issue much like Cameron. Both stated they were commited Eurosceptics before being voted into positions of power and both now saying different things afterwards (or becoming increasingly likely in Corbyn's case). Both still have blinkered visions of being able to "reform the EU".

Because that's what politicians do; here's Farage telling it how it is:

http://www.ukip.org/ukip_leader_nigel_farage_thanks_barroso_for_telling_truth_about_cameron_deception
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what the BBC said the speech was regarding, but it is apparent from that youtube link that they (the BBC) only chose to show that section (for some reason).

So tell us then : when the Specious One listed out the countries from which migrants originate, in the youtube video, he included Nigeria in his evil country list there.

So that's a Commonwealth country right?

I mean I thought the Witchfinder General wanted to rebalance immigration towards Commonwealth countries only 4 months ago?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So tell us then : when the Specious One listed out the countries from which migrants originate, in the youtube video, he included Nigeria in his evil country list there.

I mean I thought the Witchfinder General wanted to rebalance immigration towards Commonwealth countries only 4 months ago?

Stop the propaganda, Farage did say that but it was allied to him saying he only wants to take in people that we need, not any old itinerant from the Commonwealth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    Stop the propaganda, Farage did say that but it was allied to him saying he only wants to take in people that we need, not any old itinerant from the Commonwealth.

Agree.

A good example is the Romanian with no legs and travels around on a skateboard, claims benefits and begs around the UK. He was recently featured on a C5 programme.

What "benefit" is there to him being here to the UK except being a nusiance and making a few lefties feel good?

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Skateboard-busker-lost-legs-accident-feature-TV/story-20942248-detail/story.html
    He gets benefits of £750 a month here.

“I come to the UK ‘cos I don’t have a nice life there,” he said. “In Romania it’s very hard with the money and everything. The money that I have is not exactly what I need, but what can I do, I must say thank you for this one.

“In England is more better life because here they don’t look on you if you black or not, they don’t think if your gypsy or not.

“Every door is open here, this is the most easy.”
    Forum Member

Sorry tahiti, but once again on DS "what the **** are you talking about"
    The issue is the BBC didn't show the whole speech, they (the BBC) chose to limit it to the migrant issue in the EU. What NF said is basically non offensive and his (UKIP's) view on what would be a better way to view the situation, which included salient points. I would like to see the rest of the speech regarding UKIP's 'leave' campaign.

However, specific to your Nigeria point, there is a difference to legal migration, generally work related, being extended and incorporating the Commonwealth countries with favourable terms rather than just those EU citizens enjoy, versus the the illegal entry to the EU from north / central African countries via the Med. Or am I hearing UKIP's message all wrong?. You are popping two separate issues into one argument which are not directly related (apparantly to suit your personal anti Farage / UKIP agenda). As I said, I would just like to see the rest of the speech, criticism regarding the content shown is with the BBC. If you have criticism regarding Farage's so far broadcast speech, what is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »

I see. So tell us , when Nigerians were pressed into combat in Burma during WW2 as Commonwealth subjects, and in fact made up half of the 90'000 strong British contingent there, were there good Nigerians and 'any old' unwanted Nigerians at the time too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The issue is the BBC didn't show the whole speech, they (the BBC) chose to limit it to the migrant issue in the EU.

Well the reality is that this week is not the best week to launch anything. The news are dominated by the refugee crisis and I think it was fair to highlight that part of the speech given the current affairs context, especially as there are (at long last) opposing views being aired.

Even on the LBC phone in yesterday there was talk of little else.

That said I am sure you can get a transcript on the Ukip website ( although I could not find one).
  • worzilworzil Posts: 4,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see. So tell us , when Nigerians were pressed into combat in Burma during WW2 as Commonwealth subjects, and in fact made up half of the 90'000 strong British contingent there, were there good Nigerians and 'any old' unwanted Nigerians at the time too?
    The British Commonwealth is dead it is now the commonwealth of nations.
    The clue is in the word nation [independent.] for which they fought no longer part of Britain. and as such must line up with any other immigrants that wish to come here.
    If they have skills we need consider them if they don't have skills leave them were they are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    worzil wrote: »
    The British Commonwealth is dead it is now the commonwealth of nations.
    The clue is in the word nation [independent.] for which they fought no longer part of Britain. and as such must line up with any other immigrants that wish to come here.
    If they have skills we need consider them if they don't have skills leave them were they are.

Well we were told only a few months ago that the Commonwealth was one big free trade area waiting for the UK to be free of the shackles of the EU to stride the world Godzilla-style.

I do suggest that if Mr Farage is sincere about wishing to revive trade links with Commonwealth nations then his inclusion of Nigeria in the evil list, especially in in the light of that country's contribution to the war effort, and its status as the regional economic and military superpower, was particularly ill-advised.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,585
    Forum Member
    Sorry tahiti, but once again on DS "what the **** are you talking about"
    The issue is the BBC didn't show the whole speech, they (the BBC) chose to limit it to the migrant issue in the EU. What NF said is basically non offensive and his (UKIP's) view on what would be a better way to view the situation, which included salient points. I would like to see the rest of the speech regarding UKIP's 'leave' campaign.

However, specific to your Nigeria point, there is a difference to legal migration, generally work related, being extended and incorporating the Commonwealth countries with favourable terms rather than just those EU citizens enjoy, versus the the illegal entry to the EU from north / central African countries via the Med. Or am I hearing UKIP's message all wrong?. You are popping two separate issues into one argument which are not directly related (apparantly to suit your personal anti Farage / UKIP agenda). As I said, I would just like to see the rest of the speech, criticism regarding the content shown is with the BBC. If you have criticism regarding Farage's so far broadcast speech, what is it?
    Why should they show the whole speech? Very few of the Prime Ministers speeches are shown in full so why should the Thanet South failure be treated differently?
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Why should they show the whole speech? Very few of the Prime Ministers speeches are shown in full so why should the Thanet South failure be treated differently?

When did I claim that they should show it all?

The BBC said at the end of the snippet they showed that it was Farage launching UKIP's 'leave' campaign. That last minute or two is all I originally saw and the BBC link for it was not working, I'm asking if anyone has got a 'full' link. However (courtesy of the youtube link) they only showed his (UKIP's) migrant rhetoric and no more, relevant to recent events indeed, but hardly what they (the BBC) said the speech was totally regarding.

I agree, they don't have to show it all, however I consider the EU stay/leave question as important to the UK as the EU migrant crisis, but in response to your point, they did just cherry pick the snippet they wanted.
    Really, the leave campaign (and the stay) deserve as much information for the public as possible to be given so we can all make an informed choice, we see many a post on DS (and BBC HYS) asking for exactly that. Trouble is 'migrant news' trumps all other at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Am so sick and tired of people dragging up past history as a means of justifying the present. Similar arguments were said when concerns were raised with the large number of Polish arriving here a few years ago "Well the Poles helped us during WWII" was the justification of some.

Yes the Poles did help us during WWII and those that did were offered the opportunity to live in the UK at the time - no problem! Those coming here in recent years did not contribute towards the efforts during WWII and should not be used in historic "justifcations".
  • TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did I claim that they should show it all?

The BBC said at the end of the snippet they showed that it was Farage launching UKIP's 'leave' campaign. That last minute or two is all I originally saw and the BBC link for it was not working, I'm asking if anyone has got a 'full' link. However (courtesy of the youtube link) they only showed his (UKIP's) migrant rhetoric and no more, relevant to recent events indeed, but hardly what they (the BBC) said the speech was totally regarding.

I agree, they don't have to show it all, however I consider the EU stay/leave question as important to the UK as the EU migrant crisis, but in response to your point, they did just cherry pick the snippet they wanted.
    Really, the leave campaign (and the stay) deserve as much information for the public as possible to be given so we can all make an informed choice, we see many a post on DS (and BBC HYS) asking for exactly that. Trouble is 'migrant news' trumps all other at the moment.

The referendum is two years away.

Don't know why this made the news at all. Leader of party with one MP makes a speech. So what?
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U-hu?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Corbyn is sworn in a Labour leader he will lead the Out campaign and more people will join however don't under estimate the power of Farage. He did made Clegg look like a red faced Idiot raving about conspiracy theories and the JFK assassination

It would be odd seeing a Labour leader joining Farage on the Out (or "leave") campaign trail while Cameron is on the same side as Sturgeon supporting "remain". There's going to be some strange bed-fellows.

If Corbyn did try to enforce an anti-EU policy then that could cause a massive split in the party and lose him a lot of support, especially among the metropolitan liberals.