Options

How did Ash survive against Matthew?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
Forum Member
To this day it still baffles me how managed to survive against Matthew in that eviction. I don't think Matthew deserved to go or did anything to warrant going so why did he go. I would say out of all the finalists Ash probably has the least amount of fans, and that's including Pav.

Comments

• Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm that wasn't his **** bucket week and stuff. Basically the vast majority of the show he's just had a sit down and chilled out lol That's how , the merits of a good long sit down and chill gets you far in BB :D
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And there were problems with the 'phones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Matthew was nasty.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope he doesn't pick up the handful of Winston fans out there, I want him out before Pav & Helen. Such a dullard, coasting through after a bad reaction by acting like he has had a lobotomy.
  • Options
    playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't his eviction the week they kept the lines open longer than they usually do?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I've never understood why Matthew got evicted either, that was the week he argued with Helen and everyone hated her so how he got so many votes is so strange. Ash has not been an entertaining housemate, he's your typical Mancunian pretty boy with absolutely no use to anyone other than that bitch Helen.
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Matthew was shown to be quite bitter and unable to let go of his dislike of Helen in that week. He may not have sworn like she did, but what I saw left me with the impression he was just as spiteful as her, albeit with a better vocabulary.
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Tactical voting wasn't as organized at that point. People didn't like Toya and he had been part of her clique. People didn't like the girl power thing and Ashleigh's evil plan. I think some saw her targeting of Ash as unfair ploy to get to Helen. Plus he came off as sneery and above it all. Viewers don't like somebody who thinks reality shows are beneath them but still want to go on them for a bit of fame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scout66 wrote: »
    Tactical voting wasn't as organized at that point. People didn't like Toya and he had been part of her clique. People didn't like the girl power thing and Ashleigh's evil plan. I think some saw her targeting of Ash as unfair ploy to get to Helen. Plus he came off as sneery and above it all. Viewers don't like somebody who thinks reality shows are beneath them but still want to go on them for a bit of fame.

That's a good point. Matthew had been considered the voice of reason, but then he and Helen had that fight and he got bitter and vicious. He's remained so, to be honest. I think it was his downfall. No one likes to watch that level of constant nastiness, he never took a break! :o
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    ollieyork wrote: »
    That's a good point. Matthew had been considered the voice of reason, but then he and Helen had that fight and he got bitter and vicious. He's remained so, to be honest. I think it was his downfall. No one likes to watch that level of constant nastiness, he never took a break! :o

He still hasn't taken a break. He still posts recaps on Huffington Post which are dripping with disdain and bitterness. I've read Huff Po since it started years ago so I click on his posts, they have very few clicks and very, very, very few comments. That probably just adds to his bitterness.

I recall his girlfriend didn't do him any favours when she appeared on the Friends and Family on the BBBOTS segment the day before the eviction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He still hasn't taken a break. He still posts recaps on Huffington Post which are dripping with disdain and bitterness. I've read Huff Po since it started years ago so I click on his posts, they have very few clicks and very, very, very few comments. That probably just adds to his bitterness.

I recall his girlfriend didn't do him any favours when she appeared on the Friends and Family on the BBBOTS segment the day before the eviction.

I remember thinking the same thing, she was something else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Girlfriend".
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matthew was evicted because the Ashleigh dislikers decided to 'punish' her by evicting Matthew instead of Ash.
    It was as simple as that.

As it turned out, Ashleigh wasn't bothered, and we've been stuck with Ash ever since.
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I think a lot of people got complacent and thought Ash was certain to go and didn't vote I know I was one of those people . It apparently was really close between the the pair voting wise.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jp761 wrote: »
    Erm that wasn't his **** bucket week and stuff. Basically the vast majority of the show he's just had a sit down and chilled out lol That's how , the merits of a good long sit down and chill gets you far in BB :D

:D I agree! I think that helped him, alot! Plus with Matthew with his snobbery and bitterness, Ash just had to keep his mouth shut, which he did!

She really didn't help!

I didn't like Matthew because of his superiority and the general feeling he really believed he was above it all. He showed he wasn't actually that nice a person, so it was like nasty person having row with another nasty person, instead of Matthew gallantly fighting Helen!
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    Matthew was evicted because the Ashleigh dislikers decided to 'punish' her by evicting Matthew instead of Ash.
    It was as simple as that.

As it turned out, Ashleigh wasn't bothered, and we've been stuck with Ash ever since.

That doesn't make sense to me, I'd never had thought Ashleigh and Matthew were that close. When I think of Matthews close friend, I simply think of Mark. I don't think this was anything to do with Ashleigh (yes I know shocker, nothing to do with her!) Matthew was a plonker, it's as simple as that!
  • Options
    kezabellakezabella Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ollieyork wrote: »
    Because Matthew was nasty.

Yep and thought he was superior to everyone. I'm baffled why anyone would have liked him:( He's worse since he got evicted!
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense to me, I'd never had thought Ashleigh and Matthew were that close. When I think of Matthews close friend, I simply think of Mark. I don't think this was anything to do with Ashleigh (yes I know shocker, nothing to do with her!) Matthew was a plonker, it's as simple as that!

Well there was a campaign on here to punish Ashleigh for her 'evil plan' on getting Ash up, by evicting Matthew instead. (that'll show the little madam etc etc)

How much influence campaigns on here have on the voting is debatable, but that was certainly a factor on here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Mathew went because he just wasn't very nice and not remotely funny. When he had his argument with Helen he made the "get a boob-job love" comment that was quite nasty and bitchy but not in any way witty.
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    Well there was a campaign on here to punish Ashleigh for her 'evil plan' on getting Ash up, by evicting Matthew instead. (that'll show the little madam etc etc)

How much influence campaigns on here have on the voting is debatable, but that was certainly a factor on here.
    The thing is Helen still had 2 people she wanted saved. Ashleigh just had one. But even if you forget all that.

Mathew "seemed" a bit posh and snobby that rarely goes down well. None of that probably helped. And Ash had one bad week all show really , the **** bucket week he said a few crude thing's that week. For the rest of the show hes sat back had a long sit down and chilled as i said before , letting Helen basically do all the rowing and stuff.
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Matthew's girlfriend sealed his fate. I thought it at the time and still do.
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Matthew tweeted this last night.

Matthew Davies @MatthewDavies__ · 19h

Both of tonight's evictions have basically been a massive "f*** you!" to Helen. #BBUK

Which is true, but such a shame for Matthew that the viewers disliked him more than they wanted to say "f*** you" to Helen when he faced eviction.:D
  • Options
    lfipblfipb Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Mathew would of got the pass to the final he would of been hated a hell of a lot more than Helen is on this board.

It's lucky for him he got evicted when he did.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matthew was most unpleasant and deluded housemate of them all this year
  • Options
    freddieaxlfreddieaxl Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashleigh fans tactical voting at it again! Oh wait