Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Fair enough. Time is running away from me. I am older than I think!
    I'm like that! I know the feeling!
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    As far as I know...Neil is and Chris isn't.

They are both gay.
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few weeks go I was lucky enough to go on a Michel Roux cooking experience day. Basically a group of 12 of us that spent the day cooking 3 courses with Michel and then sitting round a table eating the results and chatting. I was so worried before that one of my cooking heroes would end up not so nice in person. I should not have worried, I had the most amazing day and Michel Roux was every bit as lovely in person as he appears on TV. No ego, no front just a genuinely lovely man who was a pleasure to spend time with. The course of the conversation touched on Monica Galette(?), Marcus Waring and Greg Wallace (he does a great impersonation of Greg eating desserts :-)) and he was so supportive of them and stressed what good guys they were.

Just a lovely, lovely man. He does have the most amazingly long fingers though for the size of his hands, like ET really - have been bought up not to stare but couldn't stop looking at them!
  • lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    saw Boy George in a health shop in London last year. He was with a blonde woman and young girl(around 13) Looked like it could have been his sister and Niece or something. I didn't want to go up and disturb him when he was talking, but he saw me looking and smiled and said hi. I had a quick conversation saying I was a fan and was looking forward to his up and coming Culture Club album. He was very sweet and polite, and even recommended a few things from the shop. I've met a few celebs and he's by far the nicest.

Saw Anthony Cotton (Sean from Coronation Street) I tried to get him to take a picture with my Mum who is a big fan of the show, and he told me he didn't do that.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    lolacola wrote: »
    saw Boy George in a health shop in London last year. He was with a blonde woman and young girl(around 13) Looked like it could have been his sister and Niece or something. I didn't want to go up and disturb him when he was talking, but he saw me looking and smiled and said hi. I had a quick conversation saying I was a fan and was looking forward to his up and coming Culture Club album. He was very sweet and polite, and even recommended a few things from the shop. I've met a few celebs and he's by far the nicest.

Saw Anthony Cotton (Sean from Coronation Street) I tried to get him to take a picture with my Mum who is a big fan of the show, and he told me he didn't do that.

One of my relatives knows Boy George through work and has been surprised by how nice and friendly he is, always makes time to have a chat and has a good sense of humour. He was telling him that he was gutted about a performance on Strictly as he was ill and didn't want to cancel but he couldn't sing properly so was down about it.

Not surprised about Anthony Cotton, he doesn't seem very popular.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Ive met or seen quite a few celebs around London, I might have written some before so apologies. Ones that I can remember at the moment...

Rachel Stevens - lovely, nicely mannered.
    George Michael - pleasant, he looked fantastic and had a great presence ( late 90s)
    Michael Portillo - very polite and well spoken, was filming in London but stopped to chat.
    Faye from Steps - taught me dance, nice, she always looked naturally pretty.
    Emma Bunton - nice enough.
    Gok Wan - smiley, happy, showbizzy
    Jonathan Ross - friendly, a good laugh
    Ricky Gervais - used to see him around, always looks happy and full of beans
    Russell Brand - bonkers, friendly, chatty.
    Kelli Bright (EE) - lovely.

Danny Dyer (EE) - just how he comes across on TV.
    Phil Mitchell - exactly like he appears onscreen.
    Lucy Benjamin (with Phil Mitchell at the time) - seemed really insecure, quite pleasant.

Callum Best - don't have much of an opinion, seemed a bit lost in the world.
    Fran Cosgrove - idiot
    Ashley Cole - ridiculously arrogant, rude, and this was before he made it big.
    Jordan - years ago, she was pregnant with Harvey, at a nightclub, didn't come across well but didn't speak to her.
    Lily Allen/Cooper - horrid, rude, unpleasant etc
    Kate Moss - well she was pretty out of it, in some sort of way, so can't judge.
    Michelle Collins - bit up herself, maybe a bad day.
    Liam Gallagher - loud, seemed to need to have focus on him at all times and his hangers on laughed at everything he said. zzzz

I can't think of others at the moment.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    One of my relatives knows Boy George through work and has been surprised by how nice and friendly he is, always makes time to have a chat and has a good sense of humour. He was telling him that he was gutted about a performance on Strictly as he was ill and didn't want to cancel but he couldn't sing properly so was down about it.

Not surprised about Anthony Cotton, he doesn't seem very popular.

Oh the poor guy. I saw that performance on Strictly and it wasn't good sadly and he got a bit of a mauling on the Strictly forum for it. Thanks for sharing, he seems a sweet chap. :)
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    A few weeks go I was lucky enough to go on a Michel Roux cooking experience day. Basically a group of 12 of us that spent the day cooking 3 courses with Michel and then sitting round a table eating the results and chatting. I was so worried before that one of my cooking heroes would end up not so nice in person. I should not have worried, I had the most amazing day and Michel Roux was every bit as lovely in person as he appears on TV. No ego, no front just a genuinely lovely man who was a pleasure to spend time with. The course of the conversation touched on Monica Galette(?), Marcus Waring and Greg Wallace (he does a great impersonation of Greg eating desserts :-)) and he was so supportive of them and stressed what good guys they were.

Just a lovely, lovely man. He does have the most amazingly long fingers though for the size of his hands, like ET really - have been bought up not to stare but couldn't stop looking at them!
    I am so glad he is a nice guy. He was on a TV series a few years back trying to train no-hopers how to be fine dining waiting staff. He was so caring with them, even when they must have tried his patience. And they would do anything for him at the end.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Way back must have been 80s as he died 1988, I think I spotted Kenneth Williams of Carry On fame (who was by most accounts eccentric to say the least) out and about in the West End of London, or possibly Victoria, was long time ago) He looked very pale, almost white faced and was walking looking down at the ground almost in a kind of absorbed or depressed daze or in his own world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad he is a nice guy. He was on a TV series a few years back trying to train no-hopers how to be fine dining waiting staff. He was so caring with them, even when they must have tried his patience. And they would do anything for him at the end.

He does come across much kinder and better on TV when I've seen him than the macho bullies like Ramsey et al.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Boy George, so good to read positive posts about him.

Anthony Cotton needs bringing down a peg or two.
  • lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    I've always liked Boy George, so good to read positive posts about him.

Anthony Cotton needs bringing down a peg or two.

I was very happy Boy George was nice too, as I was a fan of his. And I have to say, he has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen on a man before.

I could have kicked myself after asking Anthony Cotton for a picture. He really wasn't worth my time.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lolacola wrote: »

Very typical for Cotton based on what I've read. A very nasty little man apparently.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see a problem with Cotton's refusal if it was polite.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a problem with Cotton's refusal if it was polite.

I doubt he even knows what polite means.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, who wants a picture of Cotton? No wonder even the minor zelebs get big headed. A not very good, one dimensional actor in a soap.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God, who wants a picture of Cotton?

His mother? :confused:

He's got such an attitude, he would probably refuse to sign it though.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once saw the late Don Estelle on a beach in Bridlington. He was selling his own CD's from a suitcase.

I saw Don Estelle with Windsor Davies promoting Whispering Grass in my local Asda in the 70's. Well nearly saw him, the crowd around them was huge.

Once saw Dave Prowse in a video game shop promoting a Spectrum Star Wars game. I was too starstruck to go up to him and speak. I knew him more from Green Cross man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Don Estelle with Windsor Davies promoting Whispering Grass in my local Asda in the 70's. Well nearly saw him, the crowd around them was huge.

Once saw Dave Prowse in a video game shop promoting a Spectrum Star Wars game. I was too starstruck to go up to him and speak. I knew him more from Green Cross man.

One of my teachers at school in the late 70s said he did his national service with Windsor Davies. Described him as "a quiet man"
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rroses wrote: »
    One of my teachers at school in the late 70s said he did his national service with Windsor Davies. Described him as "a quiet man"

Didn't go, 'shaaaaduppppp!' then!?:D
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't go, 'shaaaaduppppp!' then!?:D

On dear, how sad, never mind.:)
  • stick_of_rockstick_of_rock Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen this thread a few times but have never posted in it, here goes my lot. Mostly good experiences, I must say:

Rupert Grint- Really really lovely, which I was thrilled about! Love Harry Potter and he didn't disappoint.

Ben Whishaw- Nice enough but a little aloof, think he's perhaps just a little shy.

Colin Morgan- Really pleasant and easy to talk to.

Brendan Coyle- A very funny and nice man.

Rob Brydon- A bit of a mixed one. Saw him once and was sworn at for saying 'hello', then another time he was really friendly and cheerful.

Dan Smith (from Bastille)- Incredibly humble and very, very nice. Chuffed as I love Bastille.

Mel Giedroyc- Just as she comes across on TV. Really genuine and nice.

Nigel Harman- Lovely and happy to chat.

Jenny Eclair- Awesome! Really nice lady.

Louie Spence- Nice, a lot calmer than his persona but that's to be expected surely.

Kristin Scott Thomas- Not pleasant at all. A wonderful actress but she's very aware of that.

Louis Walsh- Nice enough, posed for a picture and a chat.

David Essex- Really sociable and nice.

Lee Mead, Ann Mitchell, Marc Elliot and Phaldut Sharma were all lovely too. (I'm running out of adjectives here)

I think that's everybody.
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met Mel B and Emma last year, both great and hot. Mel was really cheeky and she slapped Emma's booty.

Also met Helena Bonham Carter in London back in 05, such a beautiful woman and naturally witty aswell
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Son was approached by Jonna Lumley when he was walking through London this week. She was on her mobile phone. she stopped him , told him "he was the most stunningly handsome young chappy she had seen in a long time, what is your full name, I simply must take a photo with you" she then took a picture of them together and asked him for one of him on his own. He said she was really nice , he said it was very funny but rather bizarre, he did add that he was star struck. I think it's made his week!
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen this thread a few times but have never posted in it, here goes my lot. Mostly good experiences, I must say:

Rupert Grint- Really really lovely, which I was thrilled about! Love Harry Potter and he didn't disappoint.

Ben Whishaw- Nice enough but a little aloof, think he's perhaps just a little shy.

Colin Morgan- Really pleasant and easy to talk to.

Brendan Coyle- A very funny and nice man.

Rob Brydon- A bit of a mixed one. Saw him once and was sworn at for saying 'hello', then another time he was really friendly and cheerful.

Dan Smith (from Bastille)- Incredibly humble and very, very nice. Chuffed as I love Bastille.

Mel Giedroyc- Just as she comes across on TV. Really genuine and nice.

Nigel Harman- Lovely and happy to chat.

Jenny Eclair- Awesome! Really nice lady.

Louie Spence- Nice, a lot calmer than his persona but that's to be expected surely.

Kristin Scott Thomas- Not pleasant at all. A wonderful actress but she's very aware of that.

Louis Walsh- Nice enough, posed for a picture and a chat.

David Essex- Really sociable and nice.

Lee Mead, Ann Mitchell, Marc Elliot and Phaldut Sharma were all lovely too. (I'm running out of adjectives here)

I think that's everybody.

I can imagine Kristin Scott Thomas is rather haughty and Ben Whishaw rather shy.