Anyone find Adele's music boring?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Jess Glynne wishes lol. Pound Shop Adele that one...

I may be one in the minority but I actually prefer Jess' music to Adele's. Many prefer Adele's voice but it's Jess that does it for me, because her songs are more upbeat and have more to them imo, but I can see why plenty would prefer Adele. To brand Jess "pound shop" is unfair and really quite inaccurate as Jess isn't even appealing to the same market.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it must be, as I can't even be assed to listen to more than a couple of bars.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    callmediva wrote: »
    at best it's background music - the sort of thing you'd put on at a dinner party to fill any awkward silences, certainly not music that most people would sit down and really listen to.
    Which also makes me think that 25 will be one of this years most unwanted Christmas gifts and will be in the 99p bargain bin in the local charity shop a week after New Year

Pardon me if I have the wrong person but aren't you the singer in a pub rock band who believes you should be having Adele's success?
  • Options
    lorrie152lorrie152 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I don't get it, I really don't. I've always found her songs very dull. And I don't particularly think she has a great voice either.

And to me, record sales mean nothing.. just because it's the fastest selling album of all time in a few countries, doesn't automatically mean it's a great album.

I haven't heard a single song of hers that I like, so I'm not even tempted to give any of her albums a go.

She seems to have a lot of fans though, but she's just not for me.
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pardon me if I have the wrong person but aren't you the singer in a pub rock band who believes you should be having Adele's success?

I'm not a singer, and I'm not in a pub rock band. So, er....no
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many moons ago while drinking in Putney or somewhere I wandered into a KFC. Carefully perusing the assorted menu I hear a mans voice bellow "Whad'ya wun then?" to which a females voice responds "Well I wun chickin n chips dunn-I!". I turn around and it's the girl who would become Adele (also called Adele at the time I gather). I think it was her, anyway I was just amazed. If you're in KFC you just want chicken and chips really don't you? Put things into perspective for me, therefore she's a genius I think:confused: haven't had a KFC since though.

On a musically related note just listen to Bowie ffs, loving his Cracked Actor/Thin White Duke phase at the moment. Soulful dude.
  • Options
    MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too much hype. She can sing, but her music does nothing for me. I'm not into power ballads, and while her songs lack that cheesiness, they amount to the same thing.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Missli wrote: »
    Too much hype. She can sing, but her music does nothing for me. I'm not into power ballads, and while her songs lack that cheesiness, they amount to the same thing.

Same. I bought the album for my mum yesterday and it's playing in the living room at the moment, it's too ballad heavy, for my liking,

Each to their own, but her music bores me,
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MK184 wrote: »
    I may be one in the minority but I actually prefer Jess' music to Adele's. Many prefer Adele's voice but it's Jess that does it for me, because her songs are more upbeat and have more to them imo, but I can see why plenty would prefer Adele. To brand Jess "pound shop" is unfair and really quite inaccurate as Jess isn't even appealing to the same market.

I agree Jess and Adele's music isn't even the same. Like Adele, Jess can sing, so do think the Poundland tag is unfair.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Yeah im with the OP, I just find Adele rather meh, not saying she cant sing or isn't a nice person but for me I couldn't cope with a full album of hers but a single here and there is ok

I quite like when artists take risks rather than go with the same old formula, also I think a lot (not all) of people jump on the bandwagon in loving adele
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A human foghorn. Awful noise.
  • Options
    Tiger RichTiger Rich Posts: 1,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly thought everybody had stopped caring about her and I'm surprised just how big the response has been to her comeback, four years since her last album is a very long time for someone so young. I've only heard the hits as far as I know, maybe I've hard more and not realised, nothing I've heard has done anything for me.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    A human foghorn. Awful noise.

In one.
    Just add, with all the emotional and expressive subtlety of a rhino.
  • Options
    SummerShudderSummerShudder Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is all hype. People are buying her album who don't normally buy albums. She is overrated beyond belief. There is a big market for bland music e.g. Sam Smith last year. 25 will be in many a charity shop in the next few months.

There is so much more interesting/exciting/developed/impressive music out there than hers.

I get the British public are a sucker for a big voice. But let's not pretend the music is incredible.
  • Options
    BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a great voice of course and seems like a nice girl....but yeah....the music isn't exactly thrilling.....there are better UK female vocalists out there who never even heard about, let alone sell albums at this rate!
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dare I say that 21 would never have been popular, and therefore Adele wouldn't be the phenomenon she is today, were she not obese during that era.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    Dare I say that 21 would never have been popular, and therefore Adele wouldn't be the phenomenon she is today, were she not obese during that era.

Could you elaborate please
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jess Glynne wishes lol. Pound Shop Adele that one...

As someone who loves a good sale stat. Jess Glynne's album is currently ahead of where '19' was in sales at this point of it's release. Obviously bigger than Adele, The Beatles, Elvis and Transmission Vamp!!
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    As someone who loves a good sale stat. Jess Glynne's album is currently ahead of where '19' was in sales at this point of it's release. Obviously bigger than Adele, The Beatles, Elvis and Transmission Vamp!!

And of course Jess is stitched on for those 2 Grammys next year isn't she? :D
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course Jess is stitched on for those 2 Grammys next year isn't she? :D

I would seriously hope not as she's naff! But this is a world where Christopher Cross has 5 Grammys and Zeppelin have none so who knows!