Comments

• HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sixties sound - like it.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    Love Me Like You currently #9 on iTunes. :D

Still difficult to work out just how far ahead #8 actually is with Adele skewing all data figures with her huge lead over everyone else - bar Justin Bieber's Sorry which has had quite a boost today.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 Justin Bieber - I'll Show You 0.1631 0.1616
    9 Little Mix - Love Me Like You 0.1558 0.1511

I hope it continues to increase.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I heard this on radio 2 earlier. I quite like it :)
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have no issue with you liking Little Mix's music. But surely the 100 page threads of them are not necessary. As if they are the second coming. Meanwhile I can't see any threads on Foals' last album? What is the world coming to?

Why don't you start a thread on Foals' last album instead of posting ad nauseam about Little Mix and Adele?

I really dislike the argument that all singers should write their own music. Should actors start writing their own plays and movies?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look look! The airplay and the killer performance are paying off finally (hope streaming catches up soonest)

1 = Adele - Hello
    2 = Justin Bieber - Sorry
    3 = Sam Smith - Writing's on the Wall
    4 = KDA - Turn the Music Louder (Rumble) [feat. Tinie Tempah & Katy B] [Radio Edit]
    5 = MNEK & Zara Larsson - Never Forget You
    6 +3 Little Mix - Love Me Like You
    7 -1 Naughty Boy - Runnin' (Lose It All) [feat. Beyoncé & Arrow Benjamin]
    8 -1 Drake - Hotline Bling
    9 -1 Justin Bieber - I'll Show You

12 -1 Ben Haenow - Second Hand Heart (feat. Kelly Clarkson)
    18 -1 Ellie Goulding - On My Mind
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to pop up these numerous LM threads, but LMLY just rose on the main song to #9 from the Sunday Brunch performance and interview. Also the Spotify rebounded to #27. Maybe it can sneak into Top 10 this week. Combined its been #8 on iTunes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bSO2CBIWgZU

OA/OS does work if done right.
    Forum Member
    I'm not trying to pop up these numerous LM threads, but LMLY just rose on the main song to #9 from the Sunday Brunch performance and interview. Also the Spotify rebounded to #27. Maybe it can sneak into Top 10 this week. Combined its been #8 on iTunes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bSO2CBIWgZU

OA/OS does work if done right.

It certainly seems so.

I think Love Me Like You has been around long enough to resonate with casual listeners, so this is perhaps what you could call the "impact week" where the song is at its peak in terms of airplay especially with the album now released.

Love Me Like You could very well go top 10 next Friday giving the song a unique chart run:

21-30-32-32-28-19-13-?? :D

The only thing that tends to let down OA/OS is when these very songs do well on iTunes but for some reason struggle to climb up the Spotify streaming chart over the course of a week.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was half expecting the 'Christmas' version to start getting airplay as we approach the event, maybe it will. The song deserves to go top 10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Guess what? From a Buzzjack poster:

I have word from my source that Syco sent the Christmas Mix of LMLY to radio stations yesterday. The song has also been moved up a place on the Capital playlist and Heart have started playing it..

No chance of it outpeaking #13 but it should stay alive longer. Its done well to promote the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently R1 Clara announced LM would be doing a Xmas themed Live Lounge next Monday, with LMLY and a Xmas cover. They must be doing the Xmas version of LMLY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuCP-3EmMOI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just missing out on its Top 10 debut, Little Mix’s Love Me Like You jumps 20-11 (32,779 sales), eclipsing the No.13 peak it scaled seven weeks ago. In the Top 40 for 14 weeks, it has thus far attracted 308,798 sales.

Just updating this to show that On Air On Sale does work with the right promotion behind it.

Chart Run: 21-30-32-32-28-19-13-13-18-19-22-22-20-11
    Forum Member
    Indeed, I think we're already seeing a shift in the UK charts where singles miss the top 10 but have longevity so still end up selling really well in the long run.

I also don't think anyone would've expected Love Me Like You to get its highest chart peak in its 14th week on the chart. :o
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Indeed, I think we're already seeing a shift in the UK charts where singles miss the top 10 but have longevity so still end up selling really well in the long run.

I also don't think anyone would've expected Love Me Like You to get its highest chart peak in its 14th week on the chart. :o

It's a pity LM didn't make TOTP but I notice 'Black Magic' is a re-entry at 30 anyway.

The Radio 2 performance before Christmas impressed a lot of my contemporaries as to LM's vocal abilities.

I think LMLY is a great single, it deserved a top 10 placing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just went back on the LM Instagram account and found the original teasers for LMLY with the animated 8 bit characters, where just the chorus was played. It still sounds fantastic to these ears.
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    It's a pity LM didn't make TOTP but I notice 'Black Magic' is a re-entry at 30 anyway.

The Radio 2 performance before Christmas impressed a lot of my contemporaries as to LM's vocal abilities.

I think LMLY is a great single, it deserved a top 10 placing.

BIB - I was also impressed with the Radio 2 performance.

I'm quite surprised it hasn't been in the top 10. While it is derivative from a load of the classic 60s girl group records, it is what I'd call a decent, solid pop record and for me it's one of the best I've heard from 2015's offerings.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member

Chart Run: 21-30-32-32-28-19-13-13-18-19-22-22-20-11

Wow, the song is doing really well considering it hasn't reached the top 10, I wonder where it will position next week.

Same with Black Magic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both songs benefitted from gift cards and probably NYE party songlists. I expect both to drop from here on out.