EL71 on Orange

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
Forum Member
I recently bought the new BenQ-Siemens EL71 on Orange PAYG from the Carphone Warehouse but I'm having problems. I can't receive picture messages even though I've had the settings sent from the Siemens website. I also can't access wallpapers or pictures on the Orange WAP site but everything else seems to work. I wondered if this was just because it's fairly new and they haven't added all the services yet but I'm not sure. Is there anything I can try before I have to phone Customer Services?

Cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GWJT06 wrote:
    I recently bought the new BenQ-Siemens EL71 on Orange PAYG from the Carphone Warehouse but I'm having problems. I can't receive picture messages even though I've had the settings sent from the Siemens website. I also can't access wallpapers or pictures on the Orange WAP site but everything else seems to work. I wondered if this was just because it's fairly new and they haven't added all the services yet but I'm not sure. Is there anything I can try before I have to phone Customer Services?

Cheers

When you buy this phone from the carphone warehouse they register if there and then, when they do that you usually get all of the correct setting sent by text (usually 4 texts) If you cannot do anything you have mentioned i would take it back to the branch you bought it from and get them to try again because it sounds as though they haven't registered it on the orange network properly (remember this is a sim free phone sold on the orange network, it is unlocked to all networks so it's not set up for any particluar network they just sell it with a new orange sim card.)