World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXV (Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So apparently

"One idea for the finish of the CM Punk vs. Ryback Hell in a Cell main event was to have Brock Lesnar make a surprise appearance and cost Ryback the match. WWE did not go ahead with the plan, because they are still planning a Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H rematch and did not want to set up a Lesnar vs. Ryback feud with the Triple H angle still in play."

So basically HHH has nixed another angle just because he wants to get his win back.....

Heaven forbid they put a current guy they are pushing into a big storyline......na best to keep Lesnar's dates for part-time HHH to get a big Rumble or Mania pop....it'll probably go on last at Mania since HHH jobbed twice for Taker (which still astonishes me to this day!)...
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcms5ejz571qzx70zo1_500.png
    Triple H would totally book this if he could :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcms5ejz571qzx70zo1_500.png
    Triple H would totally book this if he could :D:D

The match would never end as none of them would do the job!
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    I dont know if I am in the minority here but I think this whole Cena/AJ thing is allready the worst storyline Ive ever seen Im starting to believe that this is a little dig at Cena cause of his recent divorce. The acusations from Vickie are so ridiculous its laughable I mean would Cena really go out on a date in his ring gear lol?
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    The match would never end as none of them would do the job!

Man I would love to see that match it would be a 5 star classic or so thats what Mr Levasque would want us to believe:D.
  • Conor McHaleConor McHale Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Punk needs more Barrett. :(

I honestly don't care what happens at Survivor Series though, it's already shaping up to be a boring card.
  • AlferdPackerAlferdPacker Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know if I am in the minority here but I think this whole Cena/AJ thing is allready the worst storyline Ive ever seen Im starting to believe that this is a little dig at Cena cause of his recent divorce. The acusations from Vickie are so ridiculous its laughable I mean would Cena really go out on a date in his ring gear lol?

One of the first rules in Wrestling. Always push Merch !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Few questions for you guys. Going to Braehead next Tuesday first ever wwe show(At 27 and im actually very excited). What time does it run until? Ive heard T-shirts are a bit expensive. How much we talking?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Punk needs more Barrett. :(

I honestly don't care what happens at Survivor Series though, it's already shaping up to be a boring card.

My card:

Team Punk (Punk, Cesaro, Rhodes Scholars, Barrett)

V

Team Foley (Ryback, Orton, Sin Cara, Mysterio, Gabriel)

Cena V Ziggler

Team Show (Big Show, Prime Time Players, Del Rio, Miz)

V

Team Sheamus (Sheamus, Khali, Bryan, Kane, Kidd)

IC Title - Kofi V R Truth

Team 3MB (Slater, Mahal, McIntyre, Tensai, Otunga)

V

Team Woo Woo Woo (Ryder, Santino, Clay, Riley, Ryan)
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    I know he doesnt, but what if by some miracle he just decided to do a couple of free dates as he is "in the area"....if he's at a PPV the night before, I can't see why he couldn't travel to the next night on Raw and do an extra date as a "gesture".....

But you obviously know all the contracts and backstage activity better than I, nothing shocking has ever occured in WWE :)

Do you go in to work on your days off?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    Do you go in to work on your days off?

I have actually when it's busy and when it will benefit me and the company......maybe im unique :)
  • themcqthemcq Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Few questions for you guys. Going to Braehead next Tuesday first ever wwe show(At 27 and im actually very excited). What time does it run until? Ive heard T-shirts are a bit expensive. How much we talking?

I'll maybe see you there. I would reckon about half 9, 10 maybe. Haven't been to a WWE show in 12 years and they were Uk PPV shows so not too sure. As for t-shirts, they weren't cheap then so goodness only knows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought, how awesome would it have been if Punk's team had been 4 guys from FCW.....Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins and Ohno....

Punk could have ranted on about showing the way for the future, showing Foley THIS is the legacy he will leave behind, giving these guys who would never get a chance under "old regimes" the opportunity...."You know what im talking about Daniel"......

Talk about immediate exposure, and the 4 could have been used in the future like the Radicalz were......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    themcq wrote: »
    I'll maybe see you there. I would reckon about half 9, 10 maybe. Haven't been to a WWE show in 12 years and they were Uk PPV shows so not too sure. As for t-shirts, they weren't cheap then so goodness only knows.

Nice. Driving back to Fife so just keeping a eye on times etc. Never been out of Fife (only had a car & License 4 months) so bit nervous heading out early. Im in Row L so seems to be not that bad seats. Well hope so at £55 a seat anyway
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    I have actually when it's busy and when it will benefit me and the company......maybe im unique :)

I don't think most people are like that. I'm certainly not. And I doubt somebody who had a job which involved putting their body on the line would be either. Brock is fulfilling his contractual obligations. If WWE wanted him more, then they should have signed him for more. They didn't. Brock has done nothing wrong here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    I don't think most people are like that. I'm certainly not. And I doubt somebody who had a job which involved putting their body on the line would be either. Brock is fulfilling his contractual obligations. If WWE wanted him more, then they should have signed him for more. They didn't. Brock has done nothing wrong here.

I didnt say Brock had done anything wrong?

I work in a place where me along with others have come in on days off as we can make more money this way, but everyone works in different environments so it's a pointless discussion.

Yes he would put his body on the line, but would a run-in or backstage "brawl" really be that hazardous? I know he's been through a lot, but if he can't do that then he shouldnt be going anywhere near 20-30 min main events.

All I am putting across is that Vince would surely ask Brock to do a bit extra IF HE COULD, and if it was for the benefit of everyone involved. If he doesn't then so be it.
  • SamDudeSamDude Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Survivor Series history question - what team and match was it when an entire team was changed at the last minute?

It would have been in the last few years, but I can't recall the details...
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So apparently

"One idea for the finish of the CM Punk vs. Ryback Hell in a Cell main event was to have Brock Lesnar make a surprise appearance and cost Ryback the match. WWE did not go ahead with the plan, because they are still planning a Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H rematch and did not want to set up a Lesnar vs. Ryback feud with the Triple H angle still in play."

So basically HHH has nixed another angle just because he wants to get his win back.....

Heaven forbid they put a current guy they are pushing into a big storyline......na best to keep Lesnar's dates for part-time HHH to get a big Rumble or Mania pop....it'll probably go on last at Mania since HHH jobbed twice for Taker (which still astonishes me to this day!)...

It was the right business decision. And a waste of Lesnar
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    It was the right business decision. And a waste of Lesnar

How do you know that to be the case? We will never really know if it was the right business decision. Sometimes storylines, characters and angles just catch fire that no-one expected.

I don't see how using Lesnar to push a new star is a waste compared to him just being used by HHH for a Mania moment that by the following Raw is meaningless. Depends on the booking, but if all they use Brock for is to put HHH over, that to my mind is a waste.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sahi wrote: »
    What's up with Cole??? Usually he's Miz's number 1 fan, now he's saying stuff like "Kofi's got your number" and "what have you done lately". Really confused right now.

Seems to be a face now, well at leasr until the king comes back i guess.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    How do you know that to be the case? We will never really know if it was the right business decision. Sometimes storylines, characters and angles just catch fire that no-one expected.

I don't see how using Lesnar to push a new star is a waste compared to him just being used by HHH for a Mania moment that by the following Raw is meaningless. Depends on the booking, but if all they use Brock for is to put HHH over, that to my mind is a waste.
    Totally agree. It's just very typical of WWE booking philosophy nowadays, always go for the safe, easy option rather than taking a risk that may pay off big time. And they wonder why they have hardly any main event guys nowadays.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the WWE just playing it safe until the Rumble?
    Will we get any shock names in the Rumble? I remember when Nash entered that was a bit of shock to me at least!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you been scared enough tonight? See-

The Rock wins Halloween

Still saying his prayers and taking his vitamins I see!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually doubt Ryback is that over, the Feed Me More chant is for sure, but he himself? Maybe. Goldberg was never the same after they pinned him so would suspect Ryback would have always lost momentum the first time WWE pinned him, regardless of whatever smoke and mirrors they threw around it. (And as I've said before the main issue with building around Ryback is the possibility that he'll fail the wellness test again, though it looks like they're prepared to risk that).
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Have you been scared enough tonight? See-

The Rock wins Halloween

Still saying his prayers and taking his vitamins I see!

Whole lotta vitamins going on there!
This discussion has been closed.