Options

Looking for someone to install a new line

I am looking for a company that could install a new line into my house that I am moving into. There is no line or socket at the new house, but BT have quoted me £122.50 or could get free line installation as long as sign up to 18 months contract and make 30 calls a month.

I know talk talk do new line installations for £60.00, but then want me to also take out their broadband package as well and that is 12 months contract, but I want to keep my broadband with SKY and I also want to keep my Sky talk package as well.

What I am asking is, is there anyone else that does new line installations, another thing Virgin Media isn't another option either as their equipment isn't installed.

If you can help I would be grateful.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    micksea241 wrote: »
    I am looking for a company that could install a new line into my house that I am moving into. There is no line or socket at the new house, but BT have quoted me £122.50 or could get free line installation as long as sign up to 18 months contract and make 30 calls a month.

I know talk talk do new line installations for £60.00, but then want me to also take out their broadband package as well and that is 12 months contract, but I want to keep my broadband with SKY and I also want to keep my Sky talk package as well.

What I am asking is, is there anyone else that does new line installations, another thing Virgin Media isn't another option either as their equipment isn't installed.

any of the communication providers can have a line installed, but they are very reluctant as we charge them more to do this than to simply transfer a line from one CP to another. hence why they often say get bt to do it then we will take it over as it's cheaper for them.
    sky were doing an offer once where they sent you a letter which you returned with a copy of the bt bill(plus installation charge) and they credited this onto your sky account. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post Office are cheaper at 107.66, and you arent tied into a contract with them.....their package doesnt look too bad either
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Direct Save telecom do it for £56.93 on a month to month contract so your not tied in http://www.directsavetelecom.co.uk/index.php
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member

I want to keep my broadband with SKY and I also want to keep my Sky talk package as well.
    The BT requirement is 30 chargeable or inclusive (i.e. free) calls per quarter, not per month.

Anyway, why not get Sky to do it? They, like all the other non-cable line suppliers, have to use Openreach anyway. If you want to keep Sky Talk and Sky broadband, surely they are the obvious choice? Don't accept the usual crap about, "You need a BT line first".
  • Options
    jammie82ukjammie82uk Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    i was quoted £105 for a new line installation last week by sky as my new home didn't have a bt line fitted
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heinz wrote: »
    The BT requirement is 30 chargeable or inclusive (i.e. free) calls per quarter, not per month.

Anyway, why not get Sky to do it? They, like all the other non-cable line suppliers, have to use Openreach anyway. If you want to keep Sky Talk and Sky broadband, surely they are the obvious choice? Don't accept the usual crap about, "You need a BT line first".

Well customer services at BT want to get it right then as I was told that I had to make 30 calls per month or face the penalty fine of £20 on top.

I thought Sky did install lines, but I was told by Sky customer services that they did not so somebody at Sky mustn't want my custom.
  • Options
    Anne-SophieAnne-Sophie Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    BT have an offer of free line installation until 30th September.

See: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/free-BT-line-installation
  • Options
    realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just moved to a new flat and want Sky Talk. Sky told me I had to get the line up and running via BT first.
    There was already a line to the flat, and to cut a very long story short BT completely screwed up the order and cancelled my order without telling me. They then began the prcess again, taking another 14 days.
    I have spent a total of at least 3 hours on the phone to them this last few days. Got through to someone who knew his stuff last night eventually, but I've been treate dlike dirt. Not good enough.