Kylie Minogue- Straight in at Number 67???

Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
Forum Member
✭✭
How come Kylie only reached number 67 with Better than Today? :confused:

Comments

• TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im guessing its on downloads from Aphrodite not the official single download
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Singles not actually released untill December (I think).
  • Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they shouldnt let u downlaod individual songs from albums as it affects singles sales and singles chart positions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ivor Fanny wrote: »
    I think they shouldnt let u downlaod individual songs from albums as it affects singles sales and singles chart positions.

I kind of agree as its the reason The Saturdays only got to #10 with Higher as people had been downloading the album version non stop for months before the singles release.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's very irritating. Which is why I think it's better these days for artists to wait until a few singles have been released before they release the actual album. If they release it with the first single then as soon as the new single is announced people can buy them
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't get what people are saying here.... on iTunes Better Than Today is clearly available to download as an album cut :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I'm baffled how they market tracks this way on downloads.

I think when an album is released the should have the whole thing (except for the first single) as album only and then 'make available' each track when its released as a single.

It would give the album a longer shelf life and make each single more of an 'event'-particularly for some of the bigger acts.

Is there a reason why they dont do it this way anymore-ie the way they had to do it when it was CD or viynl available only ?
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What difference does it make when sales are made though?

Chart positions may look/sound good on posters or album sleeves etc, but if sales are increased because of them being instantly available where is the harm.

I'm guessing she got 67 from the X Factor performance, people downloading instantly. If it wasn't available until december how many of these people would have perhaps not bothered buying it because they had something else that week that had taken over in their mind as a priority purchase?
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    expecing etter, but it will make is dent in the chart soon. Don't worry.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I'll be buying both CD's in December as all all the other gays who have all her CD singles (and vinyl before that)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I'll be buying both CD's in December as all all the other gays who have all her CD singles (and vinyl before that)

haha that made me laugh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Sugababes did it with Sweet 7. "Get Sexy", "About A Girl" and "Wear My Kiss" where released months before the actual album was released, which I thought was a smart idea, though the songs didn't do that well. Kelly Rowland is effectively doing the same thing with "Forever and A Day", "Rose Coloured Glasses" and "Commander", not on purpose though, she keeps going back into the studios to record more songs because she's not happy with the current sound.