Options

So did anyone else think this about Missy for a second? (Obviously a spoiler)

CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When she mentioned she was a Gallifreyan, did anyone else think for a second she might have actually been The Doctor?

Comments

• Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. She was pretty obviously the Master, and by that point in the episode we'd already heard the Master's musical cue while the camera focused on her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Going into the episode I thought she was the master, but when she said ''2 hearts, both of them yours'' to the doctor I misinterpreted it and thought they were literally his hearts - so then I did think for a moment she was him :D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, never thought she was the Doctor. They did have me thinking she might be Romana for a moment or two but apart from that I always was expecting her to be the Master.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Throughout the episode I thought Master, Rani, Romana, then Valeyard - the 'there both yours' through me off.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knew she was going to turn out to be a Time Lady. Wouldn't have been surprised if she turned out to be a sort of dark shadow of the Doctor - the unusual regeneration certainly gave room for that story. Equally not surprised though that she's the Master.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The abandoned her and hearts being his made me think she was Susan's mother.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    For one horrible second I thought she may have been Susan.
  • Options
    Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was going to Rani.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    trollface wrote: »
    Nope. She was pretty obviously the Master, and by that point in the episode we'd already heard the Master's musical cue while the camera focused on her.

I must have missed that - where was it, can you recall (I'll just watch it again anyway to try and spot it if you can't!)

I too thought misunderstood the comments and thought that Missy was a representation of The Doctor...
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Master, Master, Master, Master then the comment about abandonment came and I thought Romana as perhaps she saw being left in the E-Space as abandonment by the Doctor but then moments later I changed my mind back to the Master.
  • Options
    alexjones50alexjones50 Posts: 3,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she might be the Rani for a minute.
  • Options
    ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    When she said Both of them yours I immediately though The valyard
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    With the line about being abandoned and both hearts belonging to the doctor i thought Romana for a split second, although looking back now I does kinda make sense for the master being sent back (abandoned) in the time war and both hearts being the doctor as a reference to their somewhat frenemy relationship (they have a very complicated relationship but i think in the sound of drums it was established it was a little bromancy)
  • Options
    Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeg wrote: »
    For one horrible second I thought she may have been Susan.
    That would have been dark.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Yes for a brief second I thought maybe she was the Doctor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    sadly it turns out she is the master, i was so depsearatly hoping for anythign else .
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was worried she was going to be the Rani so was quite relieved when she wasn't.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    The fake-outs were quite cleverly done - Moffat deliberately played out every speculation there was going to be. "She's a robot! Oh, no she's not." "She's a scientist person, she must be the Rani! Hmm, not this time." "Two hearts, both of them his! She's Susan! Eww, grandfather snogs, no that's can be it, she's a future Doctor! Wait, no it's not that." "She's a Time Lady, abandoned by the Doctor - she must be Romana!" "Wait, she's WHAT?"
  • Options
    donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think it was Romana when she said it was Mistress.
    Slight disappointment that so many called it weeks ago,though technically it could still be anyone I guess.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corabal wrote: »
    When she mentioned she was a Gallifreyan, did anyone else think for a second she might have actually been The Doctor?

No. I just thought it was the Master having a laugh with the Doctor and that he will reappear at some time in a male body.
  • Options
    cuccircuccir Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    When we got into stuff about uploaded consciousness, I thought it was going to be a new version of River.
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Teselecta, perhaps?
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    When she said Both of them yours I immediately though The valyard

I actually thought Jenny - the Doctors Daughter.

Two hearts from him and he did abandon her as he thought she was dead.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    cuccir wrote: »
    When we got into stuff about uploaded consciousness, I thought it was going to be a new version of River.

The thing is the Library was only the, ew Who version of the Matrix from Deadly Assasin which was a Master story so.

I've always assumed that the Library came from Tine Lord technology rather than the other way round.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I thought for a split second "holy crap he really is going to bring back the rani, the RANI!"