Options

certain titles on certain consoles..??

gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
Forum Member
✭✭✭
as the thread title suggests, does a title suit one console over the other?

so you have a PS4 and XB1, your not sure what to buy a game on...

so a few examples of upcoming titles would be...

GTAV

I would buy this on PS4, probably because GTA probably started on the PS1, so therefore Playstation..

Unity..again, PS4..dont know why???

Lords of the Fallen....this is in my Amazon basket and im leaning towards XB1...just seems to fit i suppose.

Dragon Age and The Crew....both of these titles i will be getting on XB1,

Lego Batman..a PS4 purchase..probably because i have other Lego titles on PS4...

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Nope.

A good game is a good game regardless of platform.

I don't pass any heed of frame rate/resolution.

I would have no problem playing mario kart on a ps4.
  • Options
    sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as the thread title suggests, does a title suit one console over the other?

so you have a PS4 and XB1, your not sure what to buy a game on...

so a few examples of upcoming titles would be...

GTAV

I would buy this on PS4, probably because GTA probably started on the PS1, so therefore Playstation..

Unity..again, PS4..dont know why???

Lords of the Fallen....this is in my Amazon basket and im leaning towards XB1...just seems to fit i suppose.

Dragon Age and The Crew....both of these titles i will be getting on XB1,

Lego Batman..a PS4 purchase..probably because i have other Lego titles on PS4...

I've got all multiplats on my ps4, and X1 for the exclusives. I was thinking of getting Alien Isolation on the X1, simply to have a few more games on it, but it's worse on the X1 than it is on the ps4.

But, I have a feeling that I'll get Fifa 16 (next year) on the X1 and next years CoD (if it's any good). Don't know why, but it feels like Xbox is the home of Fifa and (certain) FPS IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Nope.

A good game is a good game regardless of platform.

I don't pass any heed of frame rate/resolution.

I would have no problem playing mario kart on a ps4.

i agree to a certain extent...

Mario Kart on PS4????? BLASPHEMY;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    I've got all multiplats on my ps4, and X1 for the exclusives. I was thinking of getting Alien Isolation on the X1, simply to have a few more games on it, but it's worse on the X1 than it is on the ps4.

But, I have a feeling that I'll get Fifa 16 (next year) on the X1 and next years CoD (if it's any good). Don't know why, but it feels like Xbox is the home of Fifa and (certain) FPS IMO.

i dont think worse is the correct word..ive got Isolation on XB1, there is nothing bad about it compared to the PS4 version, its the same..
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have bought GTA, Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs etc on the WiiU because the gamepad would've enhanced em no end! 👍 ... other then that I buy whichever is cheapest! 😇
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I'd have bought GTA, Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs etc on the WiiU because the gamepad would've enhanced em no end! 👍 ... other then that I buy whichever is cheapest! 😇

a good point, a wonder if the U version of Watchdogs will sell??
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    This generation the best version for multi-platform titles seems to nearly always be:

PC > PS4 > Xbone.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    This generation the best version for multi-platform titles seems to nearly always be:

PC > PS4 > Xbone.

That's a massive generalisation and depends entirely on how powerful your PC is. My PC, along with MILLIONS of others out there, can barely outpace an Xbox 360.

Anyway, to answer the OPs question, as a multi-platform gamer I base my chosen format for purchases on a number of variables, including controller suitability, multiplayer potential, technical proficiency and any additional features/content. For me it's a logical thought process rather than what "feels" right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a good point, a wonder if the U version of Watchdogs will sell??

Depends on whether its a straight PS3 port I suppose! 😇 ... If it genuinely takes advantage of the WiiUs uniqueness then I'd consider ordering a copy from Amazon for £35! 👍
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »

PC > PS4 > Xbone.

that wasent mentioned in my op, i asked what games suited what consoles....

example GTA suits the PS4 and a game such as Dragon Age belongs on the XB1 in my opinion..:)

i didnt mention resolution or frame rate or any of that nonsense:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think worse is the correct word..ive got Isolation on XB1, there is nothing bad about it compared to the PS4 version, its the same..

Maybe you're right, I was just going by the Eurogamer head to head:

"...while the Xbox One version delivers the core Alien experience mostly intact, overall immersion is compromised by frequent drops in fluidity. Performance is obviously the deciding factor here and it's clear PS4 has a distinct advantage..."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-alien-isolation-face-off

maybe saying the ps4 version is tighter, would be more appropriate ?
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP, some games do feel right for certain platforms. I remember it felt really weird playing a Sonic game with the SEGA logo on a Nintendo console.

Even though I owned GTA 3 and Vice City on PC and San Andreas on Xbox the franchise has always felt like a Playstation franchise, same with Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed. And while I have only ever played one COD game on an Xbox (I have played 7 on PS3) it still feels like an Xbox franchise at heart. Battlefield feels like a PC game even though the last 5 I played have been on Playstation.

Its weird really but I just associate those franchise to those platforms even though I may never have played a version on the console I feel its associated with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I buy what I can on Xbox One as I find it the better system out of the 3 current consoles with the most comfortable controller.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I buy what I can on Xbox One as I find it the better system out of the 3 current consoles with the most comfortable controller.

I think that's why I prefer Fifa and CoD on the Xbox.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get what you mean gdj.

Mass Effect is Xbox for me. As it started there on console.
    Same with Assassins Creed
    GTA is PS
    Tomb Raider also PS
  • Options
    RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was a 3 console man, I'd always buy for the PS, the Xbox has and always has had the worst design for a controller.

Sometimes friends would twist my arm for an Xbox game over the PS version.

For me comfort is the main key for playing games, thats why Xbox has always taken the backseat in my gaming history. I always hated 'exclusives' on the Xbox... Heres looking at you Dead or Alive 3/4. These should of at least stayed mutliplatform.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RS_mark84 wrote: »
    For me comfort is the main key for playing games

That's why I buy games on the Xbox when I can as I find that controller very comfortable. I don't find the PS4 controller comfortable and my hands start to ache after half hour of using it.

We all have our own preferences i guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I buy games on the Xbox when I can as I find that controller very comfortable. I don't find the PS4 controller comfortable and my hands start to ache after half hour of using it.

We all have our own preferences i guess.

i like the XB1 controller as well, but the thread is about which games suit each system,not which system is better..;-)

because they are both the same:)

my Shadow Warrior should be here today, to me that is a PS4 title for sure with the Japanese setting...
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its strange because some games feel very fundamentally 'PC' to me and some very 'console'.

I'm playing ACIV Black Flag which I got very cheaply for PC. It is a very good game, and technically it has slightly better graphics and framerates than its PS4/XBOXOne equivalent, however I do think I would enjoy it more on consoles (even though im playing with the 360 pad), because to me it is fundamentally a console game you play on the sofa in your living room. Same with Fifa or say Street Fighter 4, those games are out on PC but I find it strange playing them on there.

Now some people say.....well just put your PC in your living room, and hook it up to the TV, I've done that but it still feels weird to me, like its not supposed to be there

Conversely Far Cry 4 is coming out soon. I know its on PS4/Xbox One but I just think Far Cry is fundamentally a PC title and I think mouse and keyboard controls are better than controller for FPS. I cant imagine playing it on consoles. Similar thing with Minecraft, its been so successfully released on many platforms, but I feel strange playing it on consoles, as I think the PC version is the 'true' one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like the XB1 controller as well, but the thread is about which games suit each system,not which system is better..;-)

because they are both the same:)

my Shadow Warrior should be here today, to me that is a PS4 title for sure with the Japanese setting...

I know but I can't game without a controller so comforts important to me. No controller would mean no games for me.

I don't personally think a specific franchise feels 'right' on one system over the other such as Final Fantasy, WWF/E, Lego games etc feeling right on playstation since that's where I started and so on.

That doesn't make a lot of sense but hopefully most of you get my point :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know but I can't game without a controller so comforts important to me. No controller would mean no games for me.

I don't personally think a specific franchise feels 'right' on one system over the other such as Final Fantasy, WWF/E, Lego games etc feeling right on playstation since that's where I started and so on.

That doesn't make a lot of sense but hopefully most of you get my point :)

Best thing about the X1 pad is the fact it lasts for weeks per battery change! 👍
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon Age and most Western rpg's belong on a PC to my mind, as do point and clicks and mmo's. However given that my pc is rubbish these days it doesn't matter. Jrpg's belong on ps systems, the Final Fantasy series etc. Lost Odyssey was excellent but it felt wrong on the 360 somehow.
    Halo and gears of war deserve to be kept to xbox.
    Given the chat about controller preference, I don't like the Asymmetric xbox ones, hated n64 and dinner plate sized dreamcast controller. I have small hands so ps controller is my preferred one.
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,722
    Forum Member
    Makes no difference to me. A console is a console...
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »

Both are exceptionally bad ports in terms of frame rate. Both drop a lot. The PS4 sometimes drops to below 20 FPS (the lowest is 18), where as the XBO stays slightly higher than that. The PS4 does drop slightly less, but really, with a game that is so terribly optimised, it shouldn't really make a difference.

What's interesting, though, is that the game handles the explosions and scenes where not a lot is going on really well. It only ever lags out on me when nothing is happening at all...
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I guess if you own all the consoles picking games like that makes sense... ok maybe it doesn't but it doesn't have to. ;) If you find GTA more at home on PS and Dragon Age more suitable for Xbox then so be it. You have to make use of them somehow and if that's your reasoning then it's good enough.

When I've owned multiple consoles in the past it's felt amazing that I can have any game I want but that's always come at the expense of having problems choosing the games I buy for each and the time spent between the formats. I tend to gravitate towards one machine over another, it's just how I prefer to do my gaming, on one format if possible. Have always been this way so it won't change I doubt.