Options

Top 5 games after a year?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If the money comes together (which it should) then I'll almost certainly be getting a bundle like this bundle from game http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-one-console-with-halo-master-chief-collection-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-the-amazing-spider-man-2-forza-5-goty-319028?categoryIdentifier=737199&catGroupId=#details301155

Xbox 1, Forza 5 GOTY edition, Halo collection, COD advanced warfare and a fourth game (the chooses are Spiderman 2, Transformers rise of the dark spark, Lego marvel and Titanfall)

I already have COD on PS4 so i'd trade that in for credit straight away but I'm wondering what should I trade it for what are your top 5 games that I should look into getting after a year, RYSE interests me and is probably dirt cheap now, what are some other games I should look at getting

Also out of the games choices for the fourth slot should I get Amazing spiderman 2 or Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark (I have Titanfall on 360 and Lego Marvel on PS4)

Comments

• Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Rising 3?

My mates have got that and reckon it's good fun.
    You can pick up for about £20.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swapped COD for AC: Black Flag...never played AC games before, but really enjoying this game.

Personally I wouldn't bother with either Amazing Spiderman 2 or the Transformers game and just spend the £10 less towards another game...I did look at the bundle and was going to trade one of those games in, but the trade in value was less than a tenner so wasn't worth paying the extra.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dead Rising 3?

My mates have got that and reckon it's good fun.
    You can pick up for about £20.

I would recommend trying the demo before committing to a purchase. I hated it.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    id choose spiderman over transformers cause it's the best of the 2! 👍

My top 5! 😉
    Ryse
    Dead rising 3
    Forza 2
    Halo collection
    Sunset Overdrive

(& EA sub) 👍
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Plant vs Zombies:GW
    DR 3
    Shadow of Mordor
    Sunset Overdrive
    Killer Instinct

I would probably add Halo in there someone once Multiplayer gets sorted and i can have a good go with it.

You could use the trade in towards MSP. There are some good arcade games available for the X1. Games Like MAX:COTB, Super Time Force and D4 are worth a look.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Playing since launch day so imo some of the games stand the test of time well

1) Forza 5
    2) Halo: MCC
    3) Forza Horizon 2
    4) Dead Rising 3
    5) Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So my thoughts, I'm going to get the bundle with 4 games either on Black Friday if there are any deals or soon after it

I'll be trading in COD towards Dragon Age Inquisition and they buying a cheap copy of RYSE if there is one, I'll try the demo of Dead Rising 3 and if I like it I'll pick up a cheap copy, Sunset Overdrive I'll have a look for offers in the January sales

Roll on Christmas
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox normally does the 12 days of sales over xmas, hopefully xbox one will get a few of the launch games on the sale. I noticed that both ryse and dr3 are on the marketplace for £45 but they now come with all the dlc, if they can reduce them to £25 or better then I will buy.

Also with next month being December, does anyone think MS will put up a good game for GWG? They put up all the crap games for the last 3 months could have let them save towards a good full launch game:D
  • Options
    smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pier Solar and the Great Architects, looks like an old school rpg, I think I will end up buying this one.

https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Games/Pier-Solar-and-the-Great-Architects/1a686b7c-5b21-453e-bfef-b6ddb072469e?cid=majornelson
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I can't believe that I've really struggled to find many games to hold my interest for long over the past 12 months, and now within the blink of an eye GTAV, DAI, NBA 2k15, The Masterchief Collection and PES have all dropped almost at once!
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    Also with next month being December, does anyone think MS will put up a good game for GWG? They put up all the crap games for the last 3 months could have let them save towards a good full launch game:D

I do. I'm hoping for some shock surprise like a game we didn't know was in development or a classic from the 360 that has been re-mastered. Or at least Ryse :D