Options

EE SPOILERS: Carter Baby Paternity Revealed

Comments

• Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant see this storyline having a happier ending.... There are alot of baby characters on set.. Cindy's baby, Kat and Alfie's twins.... Ronnie is expecting and now Linda is expecting..... I think a tragedy will take place... I dont see Ronnie facing another baby tragedy so maybe they will cover still birth with Linda's baby!
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it would be a nice "happy" ending to the story, but this is EastEnders so that is not always an option.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing is gonna happen to this baby. Linda is finally gonna get the girl that she wanted and she and Mick will be happy for 5 minutes before all hell breaks loose.

We have Mick's maternity/paternity reveal and the fact that Dean is his full brother. I'll venture a guess and say that Carly is also Buster's, since they already white-washed Kevin out of the equation (Dean only knew this guy for 5 minutes and is now calling him "dad") and the Dean rape reveal. Linda and Mick need something to be happy about in the midst of the giant shitstorm thats gonna happen.

Besides, the Square needs another baby girl. How else is are the Muppet Moons gonna double date with Beth Williams? Besides giving Linda and Mick 3 sons is overkill.

Baby Boy Cotton Mitchell is the odd one out. My guess is that Ronnie and Charlie get arrested for something and Yvonne takes him and moves away from the Square while keeping in contact with Dot.
  • Options
    Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However callous this sounds the two possibilities I'd have liked to see are if it is Mick's, which hopefully it is, then happy ending scenario.
    If it's Dean's, then I'd like to see a "Count the kicks" storyline. The group have been gaining a lot of publicity recently and I it'll be a different take on it.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However callous this sounds the two possibilities I'd have liked to see are if it is Mick's, which hopefully it is, then happy ending scenario.
    If it's Dean's, then I'd like to see a "Count the kicks" storyline. The group have been gaining a lot of publicity recently and I it'll be a different take on it.

and what is this count the kicks thing?
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I cannot express enough how much I would prefer it to be Mick's and for it to be confirmed early on. Though I still don't see the need for another baby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    and what is this count the kicks thing?

Encourages women who are pregnant to count their baby's kicks, if something doesn't feel right to seek medical advice. In short to help prevent miscarriages in long term pregnancy.

http://www.countthekicks.org.uk/
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Mick is the father after all even though Dean raped Linda :o
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Mick is the father after all even though Dean raped Linda :o

It is more likely that Mick would be the father. Linda and Mick presumably had regular sex up until the point Linda conceived. So if they had sex 2-3 times during the couple of weeks around the time Linda got pregnant, that's double or triple the chances that Mick is the father. Although this depends on exactly when Linda was ovulating, Dean having sex with Linda just once to Mick and Linda (likely) having sex multiple times makes it less likely that Dean is the baby's father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The better odds of a paternity outcome falling in favor of the man that the pregnant woman has been sleeping with really means nothing.

Both Billy and Alfie erroneously believed they had a very small chance of fathering a child (notwithstanding the girl Alfie got pregnant as a teen and Dan). Turns out they were capable (Janet, William and the Muppets are perfect examples). But despite that, Freddie and Tommy turned out to be the children of the man who raped Lil Mo, Graham and Tommy was the result of a one-night-stand between Kat and Michael while Alfie was in prison. And lets not forget Jack "Supersperm" Branning. Roxy was sleeping with Sean and had a one-night-stand with Jack, Sam was engaged to Ricky and had a brief affair with Jack and Ronnie got pregnant while Jack was a vegetable (unless Ronnie is into unconscious men. Ew). Amy and Richard are Jack's.
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The better odds of a paternity outcome falling in favor of the man that the pregnant woman has been sleeping with really means nothing.

Both Billy and Alfie erroneously believed they had a very small chance of fathering a child (notwithstanding the girl Alfie got pregnant as a teen and Dan). Turns out they were capable (Janet, William and the Muppets are perfect examples). But despite that, Freddie and Tommy turned out to be the children of the man who raped Lil Mo, Graham and Tommy was the result of a one-night-stand between Kat and Michael while Alfie was in prison. And lets not forget Jack "Supersperm" Branning. Roxy was sleeping with Sean and had a one-night-stand with Jack, Sam was engaged to Ricky and had a brief affair with Jack and Ronnie got pregnant while Jack was a vegetable (unless Ronnie is into unconscious men. Ew). Amy and Richard are Jack's.

Well sure, the one-timer is often the biological father in soaps simply for the drama. And of course the potential is there for Dean to be the father of Linda's baby. But the odds have always been on Mick as the father because he's the one who was sleeping with Linda more frequently around the time she conceived.

I also think that after all the shock and misery that have/will hit the Carters over these past few weeks there was a need to give them a happy ending of sorts. A possible wedding and Mick being the father of Linda's baby would serve that purpose.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eejm wrote: »
    It is more likely that Mick would be the father. Linda and Mick presumably had regular sex up until the point Linda conceived. So if they had sex 2-3 times during the couple of weeks around the time Linda got pregnant, that's double or triple the chances that Mick is the father. Although this depends on exactly when Linda was ovulating, Dean having sex with Linda just once to Mick and Linda (likely) having sex multiple times makes it less likely that Dean is the baby's father.

I hope the baby is Mick's I just cant imagine Dean being the father and Mick/Linda having to live with that
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mick will be the father because DTC cares about him and Linda. Giving one of them someone else's baby tarnishes a couple. For many people, the problem with Kat and Alfie is Tommy's paternity, not that she had a one night stand with Michael per se.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Mick will be the father because DTC cares about him and Linda. Giving one of them someone else's baby tarnishes a couple. For many people, the problem with Kat and Alfie is Tommy's paternity, not that she had a one night stand with Michael per se.

Do people really care that Alfie is not Tommy's biological dad? That's just plain insulting tbh. He's been raising him since the beginning and Michael never really gave a shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dad is someone who raises a baby. A father provides the sperm. In this instance, even if Dean is the father, Mick will be the one to raise his niece and overlook the fact that she was conceived in rape and blame her and her mother. Alan Jackson was a dad, Ian was a dad to Steven, Alfie is Tommy's dad. Making the baby Dean would NOT tarnish Lick as a couple. Blended families are more and more prevalent, so it wouldn't really be horrible if Dean was the father. Yes the baby would be a child of rape, but I doubt Mick will hold it against Linda or his niece.
  • Options
    Pat_PhelanPat_Phelan Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Encourages women who are pregnant to count their baby's kicks, if something doesn't feel right to seek medical advice. In short to help prevent miscarriages in long term pregnancy.

http://www.countthekicks.org.uk/

Not miscarriage, stillbirth. Counting kicks isn't very helpful before 24 weeks (which is when a miscarriage can take place) And after 24 weeks fetal death is known as stillbirth.

I'd hate to watch Linda deal with another massive trauma like that, to lose the baby at all after the rape would be too much and would be a bit too similar to what Ronnie has been through in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dad is someone who raises a baby. A father provides the sperm. In this instance, even if Dean is the father, Mick will be the one to raise his niece and overlook the fact that she was conceived in rape and blame her and her mother. Alan Jackson was a dad, Ian was a dad to Steven, Alfie is Tommy's dad. Making the baby Dean would NOT tarnish Lick as a couple. Blended families are more and more prevalent, so it wouldn't really be horrible if Dean was the father. Yes the baby would be a child of rape, but I doubt Mick will hold it against Linda or his niece.

Lick. I haven't heard that portmanteau before :p

I'm glad to hear your thoughts. I have a nephew who isn't biologically related to me and it really annoyed me when my friend referred to him as my "sort of nephew". Considering my mum was adopted too, blood has never been all that important in our house.
  • Options
    sexy_princesssexy_princess Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I strongly disagree. A father/Dad is the one that provides sperm. The man left carrying the can and raising the sprog is just a stranger. As the child grows older he will want to seek out his real father, not spend time with the imposter with no blood ties.

I really hope the baby is Micks. The family doesn't need any more misery.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why only if it's Dean's?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'll be interested to see how Mick reacts as so far he hasn't properly lost it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree. A father/Dad is the one that provides sperm. The man left carrying the can and raising the sprog is just a stranger. As the child grows older he will want to seek out his real father, not spend time with the imposter with no blood ties.

What a ridiculous insult to every adopted person in the world. Referring to adopted parents as imposters is just awful and disgusting. My brother is not an imposter. My grandparents are not imposters. Strangers? So the people who have had nothing to do with raising my mother are not strangers but the ones who have been there for her for almost 50 years are? My brother is a stranger to his son, but his biological father who took of before he was born isn't?

It's a shame that some people don't know the real meaning of family.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Just.. Wow.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    Probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Just.. Wow.

Agreed.

Any idiot can provide sperm - it takes real courage and commitment to be a good father.

Those who adopt and provide a loving home for unwanted children are a wonderful example to people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Why only if it's Dean's?

Mainly because I can't see DTC giving Mick and Linda unhappy ending to it, however if it is Dean's then there will turmoil of will Linda be able to love the baby, will Mick resent it or love it, I think that might be too much.

Personally wish they had never made her pregnant after the rape, if they wanted her pregnant I think they should have waited a few months after the rape to conceive.

Pat_Phelan wrote: »
    Not miscarriage, stillbirth. Counting kicks isn't very helpful before 24 weeks (which is when a miscarriage can take place) And after 24 weeks fetal death is known as stillbirth.

I'd hate to watch Linda deal with another massive trauma like that, to lose the baby at all after the rape would be too much and would be a bit too similar to what Ronnie has been through in the past.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know that, not having been pregnant, I didn't realise there was a particular point when it differed between miscarriage and stillbirth.

It would be a bit too much trauma, but like I said above, just wish they hadn't made her pregnant after the rape, I think making her have a baby that she thinks is her rapists is added unnecessary trauma, but, luckily, happy ending.
  • Options
    lola_connorlola_connor Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I've just seen on a facebook fanpage that it's definitely Mick's baby :)