Moving your VM Equipment

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
Forum Member
i am moving bedroom and need to move my connection box from one room to another, has anyone ever done this? will vm do it? btw the rooms are bother at the front of the house.

Comments

• lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK VM will charge you £35 for the pleasure. If the cable you have is long enough it will be easy enough to do yourself, otherwise I would just bite the bullet and get them to do it. Make sure the new cable they install is long enough for you to move the box back to the 1st room, should you ever decide to go back, that way you wont have to call them again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    its £99 standard charge for existing customer wanting to move the box
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its £99 standard charge for existing customer wanting to move the box

YIKES!!! :eek: Bit of a jump from the £35 i thought it was!
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you willing to put a cable extension in yourself, you can buy a 10m cable with ends already on there for a few quid off ebay including f-type coupler to connect to existing cable.
  • Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I asked nearly the same question if the replies are any use to you

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1415721
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    just use an ethernet cable to extend your router to an alternative location and keep the modem in the same location.

I used the 100m ethernet cable supplied with the self install pack. No speed degridation.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just use an ethernet cable to extend your router to an alternative location and keep the modem in the same location.

I used the 100m ethernet cable supplied with the self install pack. No speed degridation.

I have to say that I assumed that OP was asking about TV services, not internet.