Junior Masterchef Australia

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note, does anyone else think Matt Preston looks like a chubby version of Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen?

And Siena looks like Cindy Lou from The Grinch?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in tears also! I've enjoyed this series so much, wish it could go on longer! The comment by Sofia to her sister was probably the sweetest thing i've heard (it even made my dad cry)

I can't wait for the final :D
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eeeee, I'm so excited! And nervous. I hope the eliminated ones get to watch from the balcony.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though I know the winner...it is still going to be great watching!!! Hope they bring back all the others!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still just don't get how these kids got to be so experienced and knowledgeable! How come they know SO much about cooking techniques and what could go wrong in certain situations and how to know when things are cooked properly... I don't think I'd ever eaten any shellfish when I was 12 (in fact, not even when I was 16) let alone be able to cook it and combine it with various things and know what works and what doesn't.

Edit: Oh wow, that plate of Isablla's is THE most beautiful looking dish I think I've ever seen! That's just so pretty!
  • Tortilla ChipsTortilla Chips Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I'm so disappointed this is ending tonight.

Must admit that we didn't think we'd be able to watch it as we thought they'd be 'obnoxious little brats' and couldn't cook but this series has been amazing!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jack's reactions to Isabella's marks shows that he is just as supportive and kind as any of the others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    I think Jack's reactions to Isabella's marks shows that he is just as supportive and kind as any of the others.

Agreed ...he has been just as nice and huggy as the others.

Oh, that 'pear perfection' looks difficult!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed ...he has been just as nice and huggy as the others.

Oh, that 'pear perfection' looks difficult!

But delicious! I'd happily eat one or two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the way they are treated as intelligent young people and not talked down to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the way they are treated as intelligent young people and not talked down to.

Absolutely! I love those judges so much! They're ten million times better than our UK judges. And I really like the addition of Anna, she's been fab.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly forget to share this last with you all - go izzie!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gets hankie ready!!!

They both have made amazing dishes!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's still a whole 20 minutes to go - could they tie and have another round?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    There's still a whole 20 minutes to go - could they tie and have another round?

Just hold onto your seat!!!!;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be such a shame to have a loser.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I ... I.......
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea - I'm in tears - this has been the best TV programme I have seen in years - in years:):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh wow! This has been the best series of anything in a very long time, and the MOST satisfying final. You could see how little Jack cared that he was second, and how proud everyone was of them, and how much it all meant. My favourite moment was tiny Siena and Lucy hugging Jack at the end though, that really made me smile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww...lovely seeing Jack holding tiny Lucy in his arms!!!

Excellent result....both were worthy finalists, and both would have been worthy winners
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am browsing the official website photo galleries - there are some fab behind the scenes photos, including ones of the kids all messy, and of Gary & George messing around on those kids' bikes that were outside the studio.
    http://www.masterchef.com.au/photos.htm

(Also from the website, apparently Anna used to be in a girl band called the Jam Tarts - lol! And she used to have her own programme called Quickies in the Kitchen!)

And apparently Anna's sister is married to Ben Elton, how random is that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    It says so much about this series, that a contestant can be given 11 out of 10 in a final marking and nobody is thinking that it was done to create false drama for TV effect. It must be a judges worst nightmare to mark a contestant a perfect 10, only to find that the next dish presented is even better.

Clearly they wanted to show Jack a true appreciation of how good his dish was, and the only way to do that was to improve on Issabella's score of 50/50.

This was a fantastic series from start to finish, and the good news is it will be back for a second series as well.

For anyone coming to the series late, who wants to enjoy the series from start to finish, without adverts as well, just do a search for JMCAU on you tube and you'll find every episode from start to finish thanks to someone who has taken time time and effort to edit it all into neat 15 minute packages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And for fans of Masterchef Australia, I just caught up with an episode of Iron Chef Australia broadcast a couple of days ago.

The challenger chef was Chris Badenoch (the beer merchant semi-finalist from series one of MA), and his sous chef was his partner (business partner and "partner in life"), pastry chef Julia (Jenkins), also a contestant on that series of MA!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohhhh! What an amazing programme! I am still sobbing over it, it really has been a total gem in this dreary cold weather!

I just thought that Sofia's comment about her 'beautiful sister' was unbelievable - from a 12 year old!! I'll always remember that :) .

I loved this programme, brilliant. Well done to the worthy winner and runner up , they were both a credit to themselves, their families and Australia. BRILLIANT!

Aww, I will miss them all :( .