Bardolino- Lake Garda

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
Forum Member
we are going to Bardolino on Lake Garda at the end of may. can anybody offer any advise about the town and places to visit from there that are accessible by public transport. How expensive are the ferries on the lake.

Comments

• PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    we are going to Bardolino on Lake Garda at the end of may. can anybody offer any advise about the town and places to visit from there that are accessible by public transport. How expensive are the ferries on the lake.

Hi , we stayed in Riva del Garda , way up north on Lake Garda and it was wonderful .The area is stunning and Riva is well worth a visit .We were not on public transport but took a tour all around the lake and it was stunning ,. I know other took the ferries back and forth to towns and were impressed by the ferry and the prices .
    Malcesine , Salo .and Sirmione are all lovely and worth a visit .
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi , we stayed in Riva del Garda , way up north on Lake Garda and it was wonderful .The area is stunning and Riva is well worth a visit .We were not on public transport but took a tour all around the lake and it was stunning ,. I know other took the ferries back and forth to towns and were impressed by the ferry and the prices .
    Malcesine , Salo .and Sirmione are all lovely and worth a visit .

I was there last month. Another vote for Sirmione, and also Verona.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are bus stops on the main road from which you can get to verona or riva (though you may need to change in garda town for riva).

It's a pleasant walk along the lakeside to garda town, similarly if you get off the riva bus at torbole it's a nice walk from there to riva.
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at Lake Garda last September for my son's wedding. We stayed in Malcesine (he got married in the castle there) and we totally fell in love with the place.

My brother has travelled all over the world and up to this holiday had Capetown as his favourite place, but after this trip he said Lake Garda and in particular Malcesine has taken over.

I have never been one of those people who comes back from a holiday wanting to move to the place I've been - till here. It's a pipedream but if I won the lottery, one of the first things I would do is buy an apartment there.

You will love it, I promise.