Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    What gets on my nerves is Leon and June, who've been married forever, 'telling' each other things they clearly already know perfectly well, such as who taught their daughter/how Leon nearly died etc. It's obviously staged, not at all natural, completely pointless and very annoying, and it's not what happens when you're watching TV - which is what this show is beginning to forget it's supposed to be about!

The Sandy/Sandra pair are just as bad and I FF most of their comments - and the bigger one with her jaw to the floor in fake surprise! - and June and Leon's now.
    What I think you may be overlooking with Leon and June is that Leon is showing signs of forgetfulness, e.g. with bleeding the radiator. Clearly he has been told not to do this, since June made him repeat not to do so. I really like June! A lovely, level headed, caring person.

Yeah Sandy & Sandra ham it up big time...so stagey. Wouldn't mind if it was entertaining but they are not that bright so it is just tedious.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Sandy and Sandra amusing because of their loudness and playing up to the cameras!
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the new family with the Persian cat wasn't on last ep maybe because they bombed.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see Steph and Dom in this series, as I thought they were selling their B&B and beginning to do other things too, such as the Farage programme and Dom in the Jump. Maybe they persuaded them to stay longer as all the regulars were diminishing.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    What I think you may be overlooking with Leon and June is that Leon is showing signs of forgetfulness, e.g. with bleeding the radiator. Clearly he has been told not to do this, since June made him repeat not to do so. I really like June! A lovely, level headed, caring person.

Yeah Sandy & Sandra ham it up big time...so stagey. Wouldn't mind if it was entertaining but they are not that bright so it is just tedious.

Even if that were the case, why do we have to see it? It's not relevant to a show about people commenting on TV shows as they watch them. I find these inane conversations they both have with each other - it's not one-sided - pointless for the purpose of this show. It's Gogglebox, not Big Brother. I do like Leon and June but I not this particular aspect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see the new family with the Persian cat wasn't on last ep maybe because they bombed.
    Yes I was wondering about that....hardly given a chance, i.e. it was just an intro to them - they didn't even get as far as commenting on a programme. Perhaps they read the unwarranted backlash here from some posters. :(

At this point in the series, the producers really need to up their game to restore the quality of the previous series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    Even if that were the case, why do we have to see it? It's not relevant to a show about people commenting on TV shows as they watch them. I find these inane conversations they both have with each other - it's not one-sided - pointless for the purpose of this show. It's Gogglebox, not Big Brother. I do like Leon and June but I not this particular aspect.
    Why? I guess it is deemed entertaining....the same way that Sandra and Sandy apparently are to some.

I was thinking about the way Sandra and Sandy dress now...is it my imagination or have they really spruced themselves up big time? Sandy in particular - with the excessive bling etc - looks like she is ready to go to a gala. I find this offputting since they are just supposed to be there viewing TV programmes.
  • Options
    itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they may do a u-turn on the two families they axed for stupid reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think they may do a u-turn on the two families they axed for stupid reasons.
    I wish that were true. Unfortunately the Michael family are unlikely to be returned since the father is electing for UKIP.
  • Options
    BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best 2 families in my eyes..........

The Siddiquis
    The Moffatts

Scarlett is very funny and I often think the exact same things as her. The Siddiquis are just very down to earth and funny in a dry way.
  • Options
    BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boobies men are vile. If anyone should go, it's them.

Blimey, that is a bit strong, what did they say that was vile ? I don't think they have said anything out of turn yet.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »

I think you're being very kind to them there

They are both incredibly thick and their complete and utter lack of knowledge when it comes to even the most basic of things makes me both annoyed and slightly depressed.

Maybe they should get their face out of their KFC bargain bucket and read some books instead
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are both incredibly thick and their complete and utter lack of knowledge when it comes to even the most basic of things makes me both annoyed and slightly depressed.

Maybe they should get their face out of their KFC bargain bucket and read some books instead

Unfortunately the makers of Gogglebox seem to love Sandy and Sandra, despite a large cross section of the viewership loathing them. Shows how out of touch the Production Company is on this one. Like a lot of others on here, I love the Siddiquis, very dry and witty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately the makers of Gogglebox seem to love Sandy and Sandra, despite a large cross section of the viewership loathing them. Shows how out of touch the Production Company is on this one. Like a lot of others on here, I love the Siddiquis, very dry and witty.
    I think the reason is, as previously mentioned, it is probably that Sandy and Sandra appeal to the lowest common denominator, i.e. there are a lot of basic people like them.....more is the pity
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well, I have mentioned previously about them being thick. I object more to them playing up to the camera and getting too much airtime really.

Education is not everything though. Their saving grace is that they appear to be religious (given from what we can see of their room often). Anything that brings out the good, the moral in others is to be commended in my view. (I am spiritually focused but not into orthodox religion).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh god...thenagain, I guessed before I clicked on it. They were the "chosen ones" to collect the BAFTA after all. :(

They make me ashamed to say that I watch this programme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Sandy and Sandra.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I quite like Sandy and Sandra.

Me too; they're not the sharpest knives in the drawer but that's hardly a criteria. Don't really watch the show for intellectual stimulation.
    They're pretty exuberant and OTT which makes me smile.

I liked that vast crochet blanket Sandra was working on last week!
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member

Lol you found this out how. The nonsense being spouted here. Do you even know which one is which. Sandy ( the slim one) is a lot calmer and observant than Sandra and actually comes up with a witty remark occassionally some of you could have noticed it if you weren't choosing to see them behaving exactly as each other for some reason. Suppose it's easier to be nasty to both of them

However Sandra's got progressively louder and annoying but neither warrant being singled out as thick in this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    masterquan wrote: »
    Lol you found this out how. The nonsense being spouted here. Do you even know which one is which. Sandy ( the slim one) is a lot calmer and observant than Sandra and actually comes up with a witty remark occassionally some of you could have noticed it if you weren't choosing to see them behaving exactly as each other for some reason. Suppose it's easier to be nasty to both of them

However Sandra's got progressively louder and annoying but neither warrant being singled out as thick in this show.
    I quite liked them in the first series...when they weren't playing up to the camera. As I recall, Sandra seemed to be the dominant one in the convos. That seems now to be reversed, i.e. with Sandy proving more entertaining and frequently taking the lead/making quips, which is probably why you have noticed Sandra getting progressively louder. Indeed, she even wore a necklace saying "boss"! :o

It's not so much that I dislike them that I find them uncomfortable and boring to watch. Uncomfortable because of the so obviously glammed up appearance they now have and the overacting - boring because they say such basic, banal things.

As previously mentioned, I like that they are religious (there were more signs in the room of this than in the current series) since it indicates a good moral code.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I tend to be hypercritical but can't rant or rave about any of the folks on Gogglebox. They're all fairly benign and humorous in their own ways.

I've seen Gogglebox Australia. It's very much the same, although maybe a bit funnier. The shows in AU tend to be off-the-wall American remakes. Lots of trash TV.

And I'm an American, so I know trash tv! :):)
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandy and Sandra bore me senseless. I like the Siddiqis, ralf, Christopher and Steven and Scarlett's family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the posh London family are back this week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if the posh London family are back this week?

No....how would we? Inside info? :p

Not long to wait though...
This discussion has been closed.