Is it just me or does anyone else find him not funny and inoying

Your not alone, can't stand him at all.
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    last night when he was on comic relief I was cringing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was terrible when he went into the chris moyles show to try and keep him and dave motivated. Chris asked people to text in a word and he would get Jimmy to make a joke out of it. Considering hes meant to be a stand up comic, he couldnt do it! Chris Moyles was funnier (not sure thats a word lol)
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    hes just so over rated and not funny
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just depends what sort of comedy you like. Personally, I love him. I've been to see him 3 times and met him afterwards and he's lovely.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's a decent bloke and his stand up is OK but he isn't a 'funny person' - he can't just quip and his persona is rather dull.

Charlie Brooker is so, so much funnier on the 10 O Clock Show, because he has a fast mind and can make quick, intelligent jokes, which I love.
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant stand the guy...I have no problem at all with gay people but he is just too gay for me....
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Cant stand the guy...I have no problem at all with gay people but he is just too gay for me....

:confused: Could you be confusing him with Alan Carr?

I like Jimmy Carr, he was very funny on the Graham Norton show with Miriam Margolyes.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I had no idea Jimmy Carr was out of the closet ?

Actually I'm not sure he was ever in it.

I have been to see him twice and he was extremely funny .... my sides ached afterwards, Like a lot of comedians though, I think he's not naturally funny, but can write good stand up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of Jimmy before I went to see him do stand-up, but then my opinion changed as he was really really funny and seemed like a really nice guy!

I think sometimes the problem with comedians like Jimmy Carr is that everyone expects them to be funny all of the time but their stand up shows are funny because they are close to the edge and they do push boundaries - something they cannot always easily do on radio or on tv. I saw Jimmy deal with hecklers and each time he was sharp and witty but his reply to them could not have been broadcast on tv! On stage he can basically say what he wants but on TV and radio he will have to think about it and make sure it is ok to say which could ruin the timing and content of any joke/comment.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm sure i once heard him describe himself as edgy.that's the funniest thing he's ever said.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is an unfunny tw4t with a really stupid fake laugh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's sharp and quick witted, but that kind of gag-heavy comedy is risky. Eddie Izzard can spend about 10 minutes leading circuitously up to one punch line which may not be all that funny when you get there, but the audience just enjoys the ride. Jimmy Carr just keeps up punch line-punch line-punch line, and can't afford to lose the audience's concentration for 10 seconds or it all goes flat. I think he is good when he is comfortable but he often stammers and seems stressed on the 10 o'clock show.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »

I think that would be news to him as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's ok, but when he laughs, it creeps me out a bit!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Button62 wrote: »

Sloopy wrote: »
    I think that would be news to him as well.

Got a feeling his girlfriend of 10 years might be a little bit surprised too
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    He's ok, but when he laughs, it creeps me out a bit!

He sounds 'special'
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I though everyone knew Alan and Jimmy Carr are in a civil partnership?

:p
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Unfunny, offensive, annoying and I can't stand the sight and sound of him.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfunny, offensive, annoying and I can't stand the sight and sound of him.

Agreed..For the second time today.

I actually wonder if he has any respect for women at all. He is so crude without ever being funny.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Agreed..For the second time today.

I actually wonder if he has any respect for women at all. He is so crude without ever being funny.

Lol, we must stop agreeing with each other - it must go against all the rules of DS! :D
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,591
    Forum Member
    I used to think he was OK until I watched him on the 10 o'clock show.

I just found him too 'slick American' in his style - the way he walks to his podium at the start of the programme and all that 'clapping' thing he does to punctuate each line - what's that all about? The other week he even pronounced the letter Z as zee. Just too cringeworthy for me, so no,not a fan.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've seen him live twice & enjoyed every minute of it..he stays on stage at least 2 hours & has the crowd in stitches.
    some like him some don't but i reccomend seeing him live
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many posters in this thread are confusing Jimmy with Alan. It's funny to read back through it and substitute Alan for Jimmy.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other week he even pronounced the letter Z as zee. Just too cringeworthy for me, so no,not a fan.

Wasn't he talking about Jay-Z the artist ? If so, it WOULD be pronounced as a Zee as thats his name.

I like him. I went to see him on tour and he was brilliant.