Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 17)

Comments

• Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    So Maddie steals the van and Bart drives while high.. I would say that that is the end of both of them, whether or not they die, they would be in trouble with the police for what they did as well as Bart trying to drive them off the road and Maddie not stopping (even though the breaks don't work and it takes her all that time to figure it out) when she should have and as we know that at least 2 die, they would be responsible for their deaths.

I find it a bit odd that Neil, Ruby and Jono have no dirt and/or blood on them, but the others have.. I also find it odd that George is there considering he has hardly been around lately. And I am sure Tilly was with them, but she is not seen in the pictures. Also I don't know how the teens could survive that explosion.. Let's hope that George gets thrown from the van before it explodes and kills the rest of the teens.

Yeah Bart would or should get arrested for driving under the influence but Maddie would or should get done for grand theft auto but not for not stopping the van if the breaks are faulty.
  • Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    avon942 wrote: »
    Maybe the mini van doesn't explode straight away and some off the teens manage to get out!

ye most likely they get most of them out then some gets trapped and they cant get them out on time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ye most likely they get most of them out then some gets trapped and they cant get them out on time

Yeah that's what I'm thinking especially if the van is upside down and there knocked unconscious whilst still being strapped in by their seatbelt.
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    Yeah Bart would or should get arrested for driving under the influence but Maddie would or should get done for grand theft auto but not for not stopping the van if the breaks are faulty.

Yeah, I know, but the fact that Maddie carries on driving while Bart is trying to push her off the road is completely stupid, but of course she wouldn't get in trouble for that and I find it amazing that it took that long for her to try and break. I can see Bart leaving because of this, but what about Maddie? If she doesn't die, how can she possibly stick around and even continue bullying Esther after stealing the van which caused the death and injury of so many people?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I know, but the fact that Maddie carries on driving while Bart is trying to push her off the road is completely stupid, but of course she wouldn't get in trouble for that and I find it amazing that it took that long for her to try and break. I can see Bart leaving because of this, but what about Maddie? If she doesn't die, how can she possibly stick around and even continue bullying Esther after stealing the van which caused the death and injury of so many people?

It's not amazing it's unrealistic because surely she would have had to stop at traffic lights at some point during the journey which is when it should have come into play that the breaks arnt working. Perhaps when Bart is trying to run her off the road she can't because of the faulty breaks.

It does look really intresting though and I can't call the deaths except maybe Rhys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how the bullying storyline could possibly carry on after the crash any - it should be a wake up call for all involved especially if some of their friends die.
  • Options
    victoria1961victoria1961 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't read too much into the promo shots.

Remember Fright Night promo shots? It was Texas, Linsey, Amy and Teresa in the catsuits but none of them died.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    So Maddie steals the van and Bart drives while high.. I would say that that is the end of both of them, whether or not they die, they would be in trouble with the police for what they did as well as Bart trying to drive them off the road and Maddie not stopping (even though the breaks don't work and it takes her all that time to figure it out) when she should have and as we know that at least 2 die, they would be responsible for their deaths.

I find it a bit odd that Neil, Ruby and Jono have no dirt and/or blood on them, but the others have.. I also find it odd that George is there considering he has hardly been around lately. And I am sure Tilly was with them, but she is not seen in the pictures. Also I don't know how the teens could survive that explosion.. Let's hope that George gets thrown from the van before it explodes and kills the rest of the teens.

Why do Jono and George look as white as a sheet in the face? The girl's don't have that. Bad make up? It's all very weird. Both pictures are probably red herrings knowing Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinead also looks like a ghost, are we maybe meant to think that they are the ones to die?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Thanks for the pics :)
    Yes, I think they're are safe from the crash.
    Esther will probably come out of the crash with no injuries this will anger the bullies more especially if one of them dies or is injured. The bullying will probably intensify

Bart, I hope this crash SL is his exit SL and he goes to prison.

On a different topic, I dont get what Ally suppose to be?
    Is he a fraud, a creepy weirdo, a homewrecker. He just ruins everything, cant wait till his SL over and he leaves.
    Why has Callum given up?
    Why has the Kane kids become so gullible and stupid, especially Ash (ruined by Ally)
    Why couldnt HO just concentrate on the Martha SL instead of putting Ally into the mix, he ruins everything.
    Lacey has become annoying, since this weird creep SL with Ally.

I have just posted this on the crash thread, but I am pretty sure that Bart and Esther are not involved at all. I am sure I have seen a promo were they tried to stop the bus from leaving but the bus drove away anyway, leaving Esther and Bart behind. I also think only those shown in the promo special are involved, so Tilly is not there either.

I don't see how the bullying storyline could possibly carry on after the crash any - it should be a wake up call for all involved especially if some of their friends die.

I have always thought that the Bullying has been taken over by Sinead pretty much whilst Maddie has been in the background lately. Therfore allowing Maddie to die, but the bullying can continue, especially if Esther isn't bothered by who has died, whilst the rest of the teens are grieving over Maddie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    I have just posted this on the crash thread, but I am pretty sure that Bart and Esther are not involved at all. I am sure I have seen a promo were they tried to stop the bus from leaving but the bus drove away anyway, leaving Esther and Bart behind. I also think only those shown in the promo special are involved, so Tilly is not there either.

I have always thought that the Bullying has been taken over by Sinead pretty much whilst Maddie has been in the background lately. Therfore allowing Maddie to die, but the bullying can continue, especially if Esther isn't bothered by who has died, whilst the rest of the teens are grieving over Maddie.

Well Maddie was pretty forefront during the Halloween prank on prank and Scarlett's been at work this week so I heard. Could be a red herring though, I can't call any of the deaths except maybe Rhys.

Why would the bullying carry on after all this anyway - surely it's just a big wake up call for everyone involved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have been saying that Maddie has been taking a back seat on the bullying front lately and it is mainly Sinead, I don't agree.

That is the reason that I find this bullying storyline so true to life and so upsetting, she is setting it all up, she is nudging people in the right direction in a subtle way.

There is no way that Esther can fight back because each time it happens it can be seen as girls having a laugh, she ends up looking like she is over reacting all the time.

Sinead and Ruby are weak because they are doing the bullying, or not stopping it, despite being on the receiving end of it themselves at some point.

Maddie really is at the root of it all though.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I agree ally and I also hope the crash isn't used to end the bullying story line with no satisfactory consequences. By that I mean Maddie facing proper punishment and condemnation for what she's done, death would be a cop out IMO :cool:

Sinead and Ruby also need to be taught a lesson. I cannot stand Ruby nowadays, she comes across as if she has a sweetness in her heart but then downright lies in order to get herself out of trouble and it's like she's just a more grown up version of her outright bitchy younger self. In fact I think I preferred her younger self :eek:

Sinead can die if any of them have to as I really don't give a damn about her :p
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Hoping Sinead survives purely for Dianes sake.

I don't see her going though especially with the recent "who shagged Sinead" story, a decent story could be she discovers shes pregnant in hospital, just as Bart dies, everyone assumes it is Barts and his lovely memory lives on etcetc when all the while it belongs to....?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely trevor, never thought I would say it but Maddie better not die in this crash thing, she needs to face the results of her actions.
  • Options
    belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping Maddie lives and becomes a shell of her previous self...has to go through a really long period of personal discovery and redemption. And I'm hoping something comes out about the bullying before the crash, the crash happens, then all the survivors blame her for the people who died AND the bullying. Comeuppance.

As for the deaths...Jono I reckon is almost a dead cert. Then someone at the wedding....not sure about this one. I reckon they're going to do a Mel/Sophie Burton, where someone's fine and walking about, then drops dead.
  • Options
    Ellie_DollieEllie_Dollie Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissCeltic wrote: »
    Oh they can get cringier

Cringe is their middle name:D

LOL yes you could be right, we've still got the wedding vows to get through.
    Plus the wedding cake which will probably have them two on it grinning at each other with a big love heart in icing around it :eek:
  • Options
    Ellie_DollieEllie_Dollie Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    On a different topic, I dont get what Ally suppose to be?
    Is he a fraud, a creepy weirdo, a homewrecker. He just ruins everything, cant wait till his SL over and he leaves.

I don't think even HO know what the reason for Ally is.
    When they first brought him in they was talking about him being a love interest for either Ste or Amy. He ended up with Amy for a short while until this Kane storyline.
    But before he got with Ash the first time he met Walker he seemed to know him and called Walker 'Nick'.
    The next time they met it turned out that Walker had arrested Ally for identity fraud.
    I think they're making it up as they go along for him.
    But yes the sooner he goes the better, it's another silly HO story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    garyessex wrote: »
    Hoping Sinead survives purely for Dianes sake.

I don't see her going though especially with the recent "who shagged Sinead" story, a decent story could be she discovers shes pregnant in hospital, just as Bart dies, everyone assumes it is Barts and his lovely memory lives on etcetc when all the while it belongs to....?

I had completely forgotten about this storyline, I wouldn't have noticed if they never brought it up again! But yeah, you are right, this means Sinead can't die, which is a shame, she is so annoying! Bart dying would be good though, but I don't think he will, I think he might go to prison for dangerous driving or something.

I really don't know which of the teens are going to die, I think Jono, Ruby, Neil or George are the most likely to. Out of the wedding party the only person I wouldn't mind dying is Rhys, but then I don't know how that would fit into the affair storyline....
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    I really don't know which of the teens are going to die, I think Jono, Ruby, Neil or George are the most likely to. Out of the wedding party the only person I wouldn't mind dying is Rhys, but then I don't know how that would fit into the affair storyline....

I think Jono and Rhys are going to die and maybe another one of the teens, with Bart being arrested and going to jail and if Maddie doesn't die I would hope she would also be arrested.

I think Rhys dying would be the best thing for the affair storyline, soap affairs are up there with "Whose the daddy?" and "Who did what to who?", they so overused it becomes boring and in this case has ruined two great couples.. But with
    Tony finding out the truth before the wedding
    and Myra knowing, Tony and Cindy's relationship will be hit badly and struggle or possibly end, even with Rhys dead it doesn't mean that the secret is dead, so Myra and Tony would have to decide whether or not to tell a struggling grieving Jacqui the truth and shatter her world leaving her with no way to confront Rhys about it or see her cry for a man that no longer cared about her.

What would happen if Rhys survived? Probably the same thing we have seen in most other soap affairs. The secret comes out, a lot of shouting, a break up or Jacqui being written to go against what we know of her and have her take Rhys back, that doesn't sound like a good end.

Rhys is a ruined character now, I don't see what they could do with him after all is revealed, plus it would make the affair storyline take a more interesting twist if he does die, so I hope he does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice post Reo, I never thought of the aftermath of Rhys being injured or dying and if anyone would tell Jacqui about the affair.
    Apparently Phoebe finds out about it as well so you could very well be right.

Claire Cooper will be amazing whatever happens.
  • Options
    CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another way to end the affair but with rhys still alive

Rhys gets badly injured in his "area" & ends up having to lose "little rhys".He Trys talking to cindy about it but she couldnt care less but Jacqui Helps him get over his lose.realising what a idiot hes been he tells myra hes going to give things a proper go with Jacqui,Says sorry to tony & renews his vows to Jacqui

i know this would never happen but it would make a good SL Plus i dont think a soaps ever had a SL Were a man loses "his little friend"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRP2012 wrote: »
    Another way to end the affair but with rhys still alive

Rhys gets badly injured in his "area" & ends up having to lose "little rhys".He Trys talking to cindy about it but she couldnt care less but Jacqui Helps him get over his lose.realising what a idiot hes been he tells myra hes going to give things a proper go with Jacqui,Says sorry to tony & renews his vows to Jacqui

i know this would never happen but it would make a good SL Plus i dont think a soaps ever had a SL Were a man loses "his little friend"

Well apart from the fact that Jacqui deserves better than the scumbag Rhys has turned out to be his only purpose seems to be shagging, losing his penis, testicles, or whatever you meant by little Rhys would render him useless.
  • Options
    CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    Well apart from the fact that Jacqui deserves better than the scumbag Rhys has turned out to be his only purpose seems to be shagging, losing his penis, testicles, or whatever you meant by little Rhys would render him useless.

well,the 2011 rhys had more purpose than shagging this,that & the other.if he lost the penis & testicles it would mean he`d have to find a new purpose in life.Plus Jacqui new rhys was a player when she first dated him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRP2012 wrote: »
    well,the 2011 rhys had more purpose than shagging this,that & the other.if he lost the penis & testicles it would mean he`d have to find a new purpose in life.Plus Jacqui new rhys was a player when she first dated him

What? Neither of them were innocents when they got together but I think one of the rules of marrying is do not shag anyone else.

Doesn't matter if you shagged a different person every day before you got married, since they are married she has every reason to expect him to keep it in his pants.
This discussion has been closed.