Options

The best phones you've owned through the years

2»

Comments

• Options
    dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first mobile was when Vodafone brought out PAYG and I had a basic Sagem. Then I went on the Ericsson World phone. I can remember changine the front panel and it had a massive aerial! After that, I remember moving on to the Nokia 8210 - still the smallest phone I have ever owned, but i remember the LED screen went funny when you applied pressure on the keypad. Not good! My next phone was the SonyEricsson T68i - I remember being the envy of my mates as it had a colour screen. You could buy a camera attachment but never bothered thank god. I then has a Sagem MyX-6 and remember thinking how good the screen and camera were. It was a really fun phone thinking back! Then came the SE K700, K750i which I still think are the best phones I owned. Went back to Nokia with a slide (can't remember the name but I hated it), before getting an iPhone 3G and now the iPhone 4.

It's amazing to see how far technology has come. I wonder what the next ten years will reveal...3D screens? Holograms?
  • Options
    ram jamram jam Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Best old school phone easily the se k800, best phone ever got to be my iPhone 4
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nokia 3310, still have it, still works anywhere, battery still lasts days. :)
  • Options
    DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here are mine:

Nokia 3310
    Nokia 5110
    Nokia 6310i
    Nokia 8310
    Nokia N73
    Nokia N95 (not 8GB)
    Sony Ericsson K750i
    Sony Ericsson K800i
    Sony Ericsson W595
    Samsung E250
    Samsung E350
    Samsung D600
    Samsung D900i
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dephanix02 wrote: »
    K750i. It was the iPhone of its time lol.

Same here, loved that phone. I put a lot of my music on it and used it as an mp3 player all the time. Battery would last for ages too!
    DXRulz wrote: »
    Here are mine:

Nokia 3310
    Nokia 5110
    Nokia 6310i
    Nokia 8310
    Nokia N73
    Nokia N95 (not 8GB)
    Sony Ericsson K750i
    Sony Ericsson K800i
    Sony Ericsson W595
    Samsung E250
    Samsung E350
    Samsung D600
    Samsung D900i

I think your missing the point of this thread. :p
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member

Same here, this is a great little phone even though the screen eventually got cracked it still works and it's now being used by a driver at work..
  • Options
    unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The W800i was the iPhone of the time but they were essentially the same phone, one was a Walkman phone the other Cybershot but both has same features, guts etc
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unklesam wrote: »
    The W800i was the iPhone of the time but they were essentially the same phone, one was a Walkman phone the other Cybershot but both has same features, guts etc

I had a W850i, amazing little phone. :p
  • Options
    dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    unklesam wrote: »

I think the aluminium camera lens cover was what made it appear more premium than the orange Walkman version
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I loved my nokia 7610, very good photos for a phone of it's time, also very tactile. I had the nokia n70 and n95 8gb, liked those too,but not as much as the 7610.

Before my current phone of desire hd, I have had iphone 4, nokia n86 and htc hero.

The absolute best camera out of them all was the nokia n86, took lovely photos,the ones from the above offerings all seem to come out blurry, I miss nokia's, they were solidly built, not so flash but have the hardware.

Android + Nokia = my dream lol

I actually had a flip out phone by trium as one of my first phones, cost £5 on a vodafone offer. I met my dp on the wap service, 3 kids later..........

I was gutted when my trium died due to charger failure, it's so mental what phones can do these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I got an iphone4 in an upgrade, I liked it, it has brilliant games and graphics etc. I still fobbed it off on my dp and ordered a desire HD :o.

I enjoy the cut and pastey lol. God imagine the days when when wap was so advanced and sony ericsson was offering a phone with seperate camera doo dah (yes I bought it).
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motorola V3

The advertising campaign was all about it's sleekness and design, but it's durability was simply mad. Had it about 5 years before it died on me.
  • Options
    WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Nokia 3310 or N82 for me

3310 was just indestructable, and solid as a rock. Sadly it fell out of my pocket on a rollercoaster and ended in the lake at Thorpe Park!

N82 was light years ahead of any others but not very popular. Amazing camera (nothing I've had competes), Xenon flash, decent screen, comfy to hold, 3.5mm jack socket, excellent battery life, 3G

Sadly I stupidly sold it when I got my blackberry. :cry:
  • Options
    TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had many mobile phones on Pay as you Go over the years.

Here is a list in order of all the Pay as you Go mobile phones that I have had over the years.

Nokia 5110 blue on Orange
    Nokia 5110 black on BT Cellnet (now O2)
    Nokia 3410 on O2
    Sharp GX10 on Vodaphone
    Nokia 7200 on Tesco Mobile
    Sony Ericsson K700i silver on Orange
    Motorola SLVR L7 Black on Tesco Mobile
    Motorola KRZR K1 silver on Tesco Mobile
    Sony Ericsson W380i electric purple on Tesco Mobile
    Nokia 6303 classic silver on Tesco Mobile (my current mobile phone)

Out of all the pay as you go mobile phones that I have owned of the years the best one has to be the mobile phone that I currently own the Nokia 6303 Classic in silver on Tesco Mobile.

I am really happy with it and I will not change this phone anytime soon as it has a great spec and is easy to use.

My godfather also Currently uses a Nokia 6303 Classic but his is the black version on O2 and he is also really happy with it and he told me that he will not changing it any time soon.

And as for the best mobile phone that I have been on it is Tesco Mobile which is exellent and has been very reliable and I have had no problemes with them at all and have always had exellent signal and I would never move to another mobile phone network.

I still have my Sony Ericsson W380i electric purple which I brought in January 2009 and used untill March 2010 when I brought the Nokia 6303 Classic in silver in a draw in it's original box complete with all manuals and accessories.

All the other mobile phones that I have owned I have sold to friends apart from the Sony Ericsson K700i because the charging port broke.

The Sharp GX10 which I sold to one of my friend many years after I used it as it had been left in a draw broke when he owned it as he some how managed to get rain water in side it.

And the Nokia 7200 which I sold to another friend some years ago broke when he dropped it on his way home one night from the pub a few day after he brought it of me.
  • Options
    TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best mobile phone that I have ever owned is my current Nokia 6303 Classic silver on Tesco Mobile pay as yo go and cost me £79.99 in March 2010. The phone incuded a 1GB micro SD card but I brought a 4GD micro SD card at the same time.

The Nokia 6303 Classic looks great and has a great spec and is very easy to use.

The Nokia 6303 has a 3.2 mega pixel digital camera with 8x digital zoom and duel LED flash which I think take exellent photos for a mobile phone.

And I know that digital zoom is not as good a optical zoom as digital zoom just zooms in on the pixels but it is still handy to have a zoom and one as big as 8x.

Most pay as you go phones that I have seen that are under £100 only have a digital zoom of either 2x or 4x.

I also love the monky wallpaper and screen saver that the phone has.

I will not be changing my Nokia 6303 Classic any time soon.

My godfather also has a black Nokia 6303 Classic on contact with O2. He also loves the monky wallpaper and screen saver and is one of the resons that he brought the phone as well as it being very easy to use.

He too will not be changing his Nokia 6303 Classic any time soon.

And the best mobile phone network that I have been on has to be Tesco Mobile I have found to be exellent.

I have always has exellent signal and I find that they alway have great pay as you go deals and they run of the O2 network.

So I am very happy with my silver Nokia 6303 classic on Tesco Mobile.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Sagem MYX-6, it was awesome. Lost it one day and was gutted!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I still love my Nokias. Need an update soon but although the HTC phones look good I am tempted to stick with Nokia. My Nokia 3210 got passed onto my mum - who only needs to be able to text and call - and it's still going strong for her over 10 years after purchase.