Options

LG GT400 not working with sim card

slade1slade1 Posts: 2,375
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can some one please help because this is driving me mad!!!

I changed my handset at the end of my first 2 year contract and am now just a few weeks into my next 2 year conract.

I changed my phone with the new contract and now have the LG GT400. All was well for a few days until the phone decided it wouldnt let me make any calls! When ever I made a call all I got was a on screen message 'service unavailable'
This happens 95% of the time, 5% of the time I am lucky and it will let me make a call.

I put my sim card into my old phone and it works perfectly... I can make calls.
Once the sim card goes back into the LG.GT400... I cant make calls.

I phoned Vodaphone and spoke to a very helpful man who done a few 'tests' over the phone and he came to the conclusion that my LG handset was faulty and he would arrange for a new one to be delivered.

Well, the new handset was delivered today and guess what? I have the same problem!! I cant make calls on the new LG either.

Once again I have tried my sim card in my old phone and it works. I have even tried the sim in other phones and it works and I can make calls. But once again, as soon as I put it make in the LG.... I get the message 'service unavailable' when I try to make a call.

So to sum all this up.... Both the LG GT400's I have been sent dont let me make a call.
Any other handset I put my sim card into, lets me make a call.

Does any one have any ideas why this is happening?