Most painful X factor live performances?

124»

Comments

• sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Marcus and Garys (last ditch attempt to win the mum vote) duet from the 2011 final, was pretty unlistenable
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annielou wrote: »
    - Anyone remember the McDonald Brothers doing the Bay City Rollers??

I still can't believe the McDonald Brothers got as far as they did. They could define the meaning of the word dull.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I saw this performance (via YouTube) of Build Me Up Buttercup from back when I wasn't watching the show.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I know its diff'rent strokes and all, but I cant believe some people put Rhydian in the same category as appalling performances like Philip McGee, Rosie Ribbons, Ashley McKenzie, Danyl Johnson (I Dont Want to Miss a Thing), Leon Jackson (Week 1) :eek:
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I know its diff'rent strokes and all, but I cant believe some people put Rhydian in the same category as appalling performances like Philip McGee, Rosie Ribbons, Ashley McKenzie, Danyl Johnson (I Dont Want to Miss a Thing), Leon Jackson (Week 1) :eek:

Wasn't she in Pop Idol?
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, my mistake sorry :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus and Garys (last ditch attempt to win the mum vote) duet from the 2011 final, was pretty unlistenable

Marcus was painful full stop. I don't think I've ever seen anyone that cheesy before or since.
  • bananaa_bobbananaa_bob Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many to choose from but Will Young crucifying Light My Fire remains the most painfull moment for me, Jim Morrison must have been spinning in his grave.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y04kUI1mrVc
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus was painful full stop. I don't think I've ever seen anyone that cheesy before or since.

What about Same Difference :D
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Unconventionals were just all kinds of cringeworthy.
    Forum Member
    I quite liked their version of On Top of the World :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    What about Same Difference :D

They knew they were cheesy, so it was fine. Marcus took himself seriously though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    The Unconventionals were just all kinds of cringeworthy.

The sad thing about them is I think they worked in their original audition but, as happens so often, they were styled all wrong and the producers had no clue what to do with them.