loss of Bloomberg tv (502)

floggardfloggard Posts: 76
Forum Member
Can anybody advise what might cause me to lose Bloomberg tv on 502,everthing else working ok except this channel which shows no signal being received with the code 25,i have chatted with Sky but they told me to do what I had already done still no joy

Comments

• coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok here on CH502
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK here at the moment on 502, have you got it back yet?
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This one the worst channels for signal however its very good for me right now.
    Have you unplugged your sky box for a few mins?
    Then let it restart?
  • floggardfloggard Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Tried everything still no luck,could be tree problemfuther investigation required
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    This one the worst channels for signal however its very good for me right now.
    Have you unplugged your sky box for a few mins?
    Then let it restart?

That's because the signal's broadcast from the flaky and ailing Eutelsat 28A satellite and I'm very grateful that that piece of space junk is being replaced by the brand new Astra 2G satellite later on this year so poor signals on many channels will be a thing of the past.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floggard wrote: »
    Can anybody advise what might cause me to lose Bloomberg tv on 502,everthing else working ok except this channel which shows no signal being received with the code 25,i have chatted with Sky but they told me to do what I had already done still no joy

Can you receive France 24 (513)? That's broadcast on the same transponder as Bloomberg.

If not, it might be best to get the dish checked as it may be slightly out of alignment.
  • ML11ML11 Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floggard wrote: »
    Tried everything still no luck,could be tree problemfuther investigation required

Have you registered to vote?
    Forum Member
    Problem solved found dish to be slightly out of alignment after high winds.
    Thanks for all you help
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's because the signal's broadcast from the flaky and ailing Eutelsat 28A satellite and I'm very grateful that that piece of space junk is being replaced by the brand new Astra 2G satellite later on this year so poor signals on many channels will be a thing of the past.

I think Bloomberg has been flaky for years. I remember it being the first channel that was flaky and unreliable when my aging dish/LNB needed to be replaced, and it was the channel I used to make sure my alignment was good - this was probably 5 or 6 years ago
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ML11 wrote: »
    Have you registered to vote?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eutelsat 28A has been running on low power for the last few years i'm surprised it is still up there to be honnest.
    Forum Member
    Problem sorted,had had to remove 2 freeview airials and an radio one from post which caused post to move slightly,sky engineer attended and sorted it in minutes