Options

VOdafone - I hate you.

iwastheretooiwastheretoo Posts: 74
Forum Member
DOes anyone have any good tips for getting through on the phone to Vodafone regarding upgrades? I renewed my contract with the at the end of March and received an email from them 1st APril stating that the new phone I ordered was no longer available. I was told to ring them to discuss. I have rung them 9 times since and sent 5 emails, I have not managed to speak to them, or had any reply from the emails.

Comments

• Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i called the 'thinking of leaving vodafone' option and they answered straight away.

the consensus is that it's best to try multiple times rather than stay on hold for a long time.

their CS really has gone to ****
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Hi Guys

I know the queues to get through to us are longer than we'd like at the moment. :(

Don't worry though - there are still other ways to get in touch.

Since you like to do things online check out our awesome Online Uprgades Tool or if you'd like to see what's available with a "hands on approach" than pop down to your local store.

I'm glad I could help

:cool:

Kirsty_Vodafone
    Vodafone Cusotmer Services
    eForum Team

P.S - flagpole - are you the same flagpole as on our lovely eForum? If so nice to speak to you again - if not - nice to meet you! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yep same flagpole - i don't know why i took that pseudonym, but it definitely started here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Kirsty and co don't want you to know is a lot of Vodafone's customer service is outsourced to a company called 'Conduit' in South Wales so the chances are if you call their CS and the agent has a Welsh accent then the chances are you're unfortunate enough to be through to them.

Their emphasis is number of calls dealt with, not number of satisfied callers. As a former employee I have more than an idea of what I'm talking about. If there's any doubt about what I'm saying, trying talking about Conduit on Voda's eforum and see what happens. I was banned from there for being 'racist' by pointing out the above - curious seeing as I'm Welsh myself.

When Voda investigate complaints coming from their callcenters the vast majority come from customers who spoke to Conduit agents. Not all their employees do a bad job but those that do are given almost limitless "slaps on the wrists" instead of any real action taken, just as long as they get call times lowered.
  • Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys

I know the queues to get through to us are longer than we'd like at the moment. :(

Don't worry though - there are still other ways to get in touch.

Since you like to do things online check out our awesome Online Uprgades Tool or if you'd like to see what's available with a "hands on approach" than pop down to your local store.

I'm glad I could help

:cool:

Kirsty_Vodafone
    Vodafone Cusotmer Services
    eForum Team

P.S - flagpole - are you the same flagpole as on our lovely eForum? If so nice to speak to you again - if not - nice to meet you! ;)

If you know that the queues are longer than you'd like, why don't you employ some more people (there are a few around who would like a job at the moment) and start answering the phones?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    If you know that the queues are longer than you'd like, why don't you employ some more people (there are a few around who would like a job at the moment) and start answering the phones?

Its all down to making a profit --- mobile phone companies are in business to make profits. It seems that the majority of customers seem to want 1200 mins - unlimited texts - unlimited landline calls - free 2gb wap bundles and the most expensive handset in the range, for peanuts.

Pay Peanuts and something has to be cut. Call Centres cost money and when profits start dropping so the staff levels drop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    quite. people say they want great customer service but in the end they go for the swankyest handset and the most minutes.

we are the masters of our own destruction.
  • Options
    clubfoot fcclubfoot fc Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    quite. people say they want great customer service but in the end they go for the swankyest handset and the most minutes.

we are the masters of our own destruction.

Exactly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But seeing as deals are getting less rewarding (ie few if any top-end handsets are free on lower/mid range tariffs like they used to be) that means we should be seeing an improvement in CS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iRuss wrote: »
    But seeing as deals are getting less rewarding (ie few if any top-end handsets are free on lower/mid range tariffs like they used to be) that means we should be seeing an improvement in CS.

that's not completely true is it. i mean a couple of years ago 200 minutes, no texts was £30pcm. now you'd expect 600 minutes, 1000 texts and a load of data for that much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you saying top-end phones are still free on low-to-mid range tariffs?

If so then I'd love to know which network they're on.

I'm talking UK networks btw
  • Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that's not completely true is it. i mean a couple of years ago 200 minutes, no texts was £30pcm. now you'd expect 600 minutes, 1000 texts and a load of data for that much.

That's life.
    10 years ago for £25-30 a month you would get 300 off-peak mins (to call YOUR OWN network) no texts at all! It's called progress

Phone companies make millions and millions of pounds every year and employing some people to answer phones wouldn't even scratch the profits. It's just greed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you saying top-end phones are still free on low-to-mid range tariffs?

If so then I'd love to know which network they're on.

I'm talking UK networks btw

no i'm not saying that at all. i'm not some kind of moron.

you said 'deals are getting less rewarding'. so we should see better customer service. i said they aren't less rewarding, you get 5x as many minutes and texts as you used to.

even inflation adjusted there never used to be £500 pound phones, so it's a very difficult comparison to make.

but not withstanding that there is massive price deflation in the mobile market.

subsidies have been reduced, but there is a great deal of transparency given that now all the networks will offer you a sim only deal. you can see that the difference between the sim only deal and the with phone price is the amount of money that goes towards the subsidy.

the subsidy x the length of contract represents the total difference between the cash price for the phone and the lump sum they will ask you for. how else can it work?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you said 'deals are getting less rewarding'.

And I immediately followed it up with an example you've ignored twice now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You said this

in what sense is this ignoring you. any more and it would be a thesis.
    no i'm not saying that at all. i'm not some kind of moron.

you said 'deals are getting less rewarding'. so we should see better customer service. i said they aren't less rewarding, you get 5x as many minutes and texts as you used to.

even inflation adjusted there never used to be £500 pound phones, so it's a very difficult comparison to make.

but not withstanding that there is massive price deflation in the mobile market.

subsidies have been reduced, but there is a great deal of transparency given that now all the networks will offer you a sim only deal. you can see that the difference between the sim only deal and the with phone price is the amount of money that goes towards the subsidy.

the subsidy x the length of contract represents the total difference between the cash price for the phone and the lump sum they will ask you for. how else can it work?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cited handset price as an example of how deals are no longer as rewarding as they used to be. You ignored that and talked about tariffs.

Networks are no longer subsidising higher ended phones which means their costs are lowering. From your 'logic' this should mean an improvement in customer service. Instead it gets shipped off to Manilla (T-mobile).