[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
Forum Member
Anyone else not "get him"???

Jesus, that fake laugh...Nearly as bad as Ricky Gervais':yawn:

Comments

• fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you do realise it's a character - so the laugh is meant to be fake!!
  • LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant stand him

didnt like him as bo selecta, dont like him as keith lemon

dont like him as himself Leigh Francis

just not my type of comedy at all really
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leigh Francis reminds me of a certain sort of school show-off, who think they are God's gift to comedy, but are only really funny to the unintelligent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Leigh Francis reminds me of a certain sort of school show-off, who think they are God's gift to comedy, but are only really funny to the unintelligent.

Hmmmmm, I have an LLB honours degree and I find him rather funny!!
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not my thing at all but some things he does raises a smile out of me.
  • wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think he is a bit too weird and creepy, character or not.

Similar to Ricky Gervaise in that you are never quite sure who the real person actually is.
  • somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too don't 'get' the character. In a fictitious environment, so be it, but treating a character as real, such as in an awards show... No thanks. Almost as bad as asking dame Edna about 'her' views on the royal wedding! She's not real so any opinions are in the confines of the persona and not the real person... Bizarre
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like most comics Keith Lemon can be hit and miss
    Prefer some of his Bo Selecta creations - Mel B was fantastic
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's nothing new really - people thought dennis pennis was a real person and people still think al murray is his pub landlord character.

i guess it's a tribute to the performer if people actually think they are the character they're portraying.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My OH likes Celebrity Juice and giggles his way through the show. I will admit that it does make me laugh every now and then, but most of it is just puerile knob gags. Not very funny unless you are a schoolboy.

Then again... I think that is what he was aiming for when he created the character?
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its truly painful watching him.
    Holly is the worse she seems to laugh at anything he says (most of the time its a forced/polite laugh).

I wish he would stick to Mel B.its the best character hes done genuine funny and a total caricature of Mel B.
  • StripeysoxStripeysox Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I love Celebrity Juice, didn't like Bo Selecta though. I think his Keith Lemon character is really funny.
  • Sparkling GemSparkling Gem Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Wasn't really into Bo Selecta, cannot stand Keith Lemon when I seer him on stuff, but I just lurve Celeb Juice..ok I'm weird:D
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Celeb Juice but not keen on Bo Selecta, seems im not the only one.
  • MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on the advice bit he does on this morning, It was ok as a one off but it seems to becoming a regular slot :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If only everyone could be as intelligent and refined as you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NWcub77 wrote: »

Maybe that's what's missing and why I just find him hit or miss, maybe if I had one of those I'd find him funny all the time.:)
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO he's hilarious - I'm actually surprised that he's done as well as he has, considering his sense of humour is quite eclectic. He's not typically funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind him but my OH is still doing impressions of the Bo Selecta Scary Spice. It's only funny a couple of times a day.:mad: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I think he's bloomin hilarious.

Celeb Juice is the best show on ITV2 at the moment.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's definitely a marmite character though I've always found him funny. He's like an overgrown schoolboy!
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have developed the worlds first unified theory of toast and I too find "Keith Lemon" funny.

All smart people do, it's the average types who struggle with the biting satire of Lemon.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member

I find him funny too. I don't understand why so many people on this forum think there has to be a definitive 'right' or 'wrong' to every single situation. Preference is subjective, if we all liked the same thing there'd only be one TV channel not 400!
  • cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Keith Lemon and Celebrity Juice but couldn't stand Bo Selecta and no I am not a schoolboy, I'm a woman just outside of her 20's lol
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never liked the bloke he is so not funny how the hell did he get on tv? He is awful on this morning have to mute it when he is on silly idiot