Is Tracy's return permanent?

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭
From every interview with Phil Collinson I watched/read he always mentioned that "Tracy's going to be back for a while" which hinted that she might not be back for good - I wouldn't be surprised as Kim Crowther brought Tracy back (the signing was announced around January), perhaps she gets sent down after he retrial?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they are seeing how her returns goes before making any decisions?
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eduble wrote: »

True :p
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    Not looking good then is it.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's on a 6th month contract.
  • Rapunzel2010Rapunzel2010 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Lets hope she is written back out. The poll on here suggests she isn't popular and her return has in two episodes ruined the great stride Corrie had built up since the tram crash.

Write her out A.S.A.P.
  • Pat13Pat13 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    She's on a 6th month contract.

OMG I am not going to be able to cope with watching her trying to act for six months!
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    "Is Tracey's return permanent?"

Oh I hope not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope Phil C gets rid of her after that then. I hope he was forced to bring her back to honour some sort of existing arrangement as if not I'm rather fearing he has taken leave of his senses like Corrie's previous 2/3 producers.

As for Tracyluv as if she'd ever be accepted back into the community - they know she's a killer and they know what she tried to do to Gail.
  • tiggerspptiggerspp Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Sally Linz wrote: »
    and they know what she tried to do to Gail.

Yeah, but to be honest that is a plus point for her.... getting rid of ET wouldn't be a bad thing ;)
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Hope Phil C gets rid of her after that then. I hope he was forced to bring her back to honour some sort of existing arrangement as if not I'm rather fearing he has taken leave of his senses like Corrie's previous 2/3 producers.

As for Tracyluv as if she'd ever be accepted back into the community - they know she's a killer and they know what she tried to do to Gail.

He was - it was KC idea to bring her back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Lets hope she is written back out. The poll on here suggests she isn't popular and her return has in two episodes ruined the great stride Corrie had built up since the tram crash.

Write her out A.S.A.P.

That might be true, unfortunately the majority of soap watchers don't post or read messageboards. So probably does not reflect viewers opinions. As for this viewer the quicker she goes the better.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If TracyLuv is out on bail then she's already broken several conditions and would be whisked back to hooky pronto.
    If they must have this character in Corrie would it not be too much to ask for realistic reactions to her comments from at least someone? I know in SoapLand the ridiculous rules but surely Becky would have filled TracyLuv in by now, behind the pub.
    If she doesn't I volunteer.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she aint permanent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maisymoo wrote: »
    If TracyLuv is out on bail then she's already broken several conditions and would be whisked back to hooky pronto.
    If they must have this character in Corrie would it not be too much to ask for realistic reactions to her comments from at least someone? I know in SoapLand the ridiculous rules but surely Becky would have filled TracyLuv in by now, behind the pub.
    If she doesn't I volunteer.:rolleyes:
    The reactions from everyone have been pathetic. Claire should have decked her last night for her comments about Ashley. And her own family just stood back and let her threw wine over her daughter! Deirdre is even defending her despite everything that's happened.

I wonder if Corrie know anything about the justice system in this country. A convicted murderer would not get bail even if they were having a retrial. Could you imagine the chaos if they started letting murderers out early without clearing their name first.

As you say she has broken her bail conditions as she would not be allowed to return to the place her crime happened. The Street is full of people who were living there at that time and know what she did. How did her family not know she was getting out? Has this been explained on screen? As her next of kin, they would be the first port of call. With a serious charge like murder, surely there was a surety bond on her release?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reactions from everyone have been pathetic. Claire should have decked her last night for her comments about Ashley. And her own family just stood back and let her threw wine over her daughter! Deirdre is even defending her despite everything that's happened.

I wonder if Corrie know anything about the justice system in this country. A convicted murderer would not get bail even if they were having a retrial. Could you imagine the chaos if they started letting murderers out early without clearing their name first.

As you say she has broken her bail conditions as she would not be allowed to return to the place her crime happened. The Street is full of people who were living there at that time and know what she did. How did her family not know she was getting out? Has this been explained on screen? As her next of kin, they would be the first port of call. With a serious charge like murder, surely there was a surety bond on her release?

Totally unfeasable stuff last night, you are right.
    One, Claire would have thrown the head in in real life and a swift knee in the mound of Venus.
    Deidre spider-neck would have taken TraceyLuv warmly by the throat for lobbing wine on Amy and Amy would have screamed the place down stamped and sulked at her age.
    And yes, as we say, no way would TraceyLuv be allowed out like that whatsoever. At best release, rearrest, remand, full stop. Forget tagging, house arrest etc.
    What a shame after quite a good series of deaths and the Kevin/Tyrone denouement.
    You know, it was this kind of rubbish continuity and pathetic storylines that made me stop watching Corrie a few years ago.
    We're not sat there expecting realty TV but neither are we rooting for Fraggle Rock either.
    Forum Member

There wouldn't be a release and this is where Coronation St lets itself down. The whole storyline is pathetic and in 30 minutes they have undone all the good work of the last few months.

The tram crash episode was a bit iffy, but the aftermath has been top quality soap opera until Tracy's stupid opening line on Christmas Eve... that is surely the worst delivery of a line ever LOL!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerspp wrote: »
    The tram crash episode was a bit iffy, but the aftermath has been top quality soap opera until Tracy's stupid opening line on Christmas Eve... that is surely the worst delivery of a line ever LOL!

It was toe-curlingly bad acting. You know, it was so bad it almost made Dev look like he could act. And yes what a stupid totally unlikely line, even for Corrie.

See, they always do this. You get a great aftermath of the tram crash and then this rubbish. What next? Bet Lynch and that bloke off the double-glazing advert?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    would be whisked back to hooky pronto.

I just love this, it cracked me up :D
    Forum Member
    that bloke off the double-glazing advert?

Er.... it's rumoured to be happening and I am not joking!
  • 12december198412december1984 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If what I've read is right then Claire is Tracy Barlow's attacker! So your wish may come true!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree about her family's reaction to her throwiing wine over Amy, but I actually think Claire's reaction was spot on. After that great scene with Nick, I think it shows how Claire is a much bigger person. I don't think she would have rose to Tracey, no matter what she said.

I like having Tracey back though, the way she's been brought back is a bit ridiculous, but still...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerspp wrote: »
    Er.... it's rumoured to be happening and I am not joking!

OMG! I may have to leave the country!! Really?
    What next? Fred Feast and Eddie Yates?
  • dan85dan85 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good post that. It's shocking writing from Corrie.

And as somebody else has said, her return has almost single-handedly ruined the momentum that the show had built up with the tram crash storyline. Awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vikki13lou wrote: »
    I just love this, it cracked me up :D

I think I'll turn to writing those crap jokes in Christmas Crackers.
    I have no idea why I lapsed into nerd-speak lmao!!
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it IS permanent. As long as Becky and Steve stay together and keep Amy! Tall order though.