Options

Cant tune in to Radio 1?

DeanparkrDeanparkr Posts: 822
Forum Member
✭✭
Whilst driving along the M27 yesterday I started to lose Radio1 signal around Rownhams all the way into the New Forest.

24 hrs later I still cant tune into Radio 1 any more, its all static on 99.7 and the radio doesnt show "Radio 1" on the display.

Every other radio station works perfectly fine.. is it likely Radio 1 could be down in one area? Seems quite strange to me!

Comments

• Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deanparkr wrote: »
    Whilst driving along the M27 yesterday I started to lose Radio1 signal around Rownhams all the way into the New Forest.

24 hrs later I still cant tune into Radio 1 any more, its all static on 99.7 and the radio doesnt show "Radio 1" on the display.

Our older radio in the house can only just about tune to Radio 1, with mono sound only.

Every other radio station works perfectly fine.. is it likely Radio 1 could be down in one area? Seems quite strange to me!

99.7 is Radio 1 in the Brighton and Basingstoke areas (to name the nearest two transmitters to the area you're in)

98.2 is the Rowridge transmitter, that covers this area, including the entire length of the M27 :-

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/mapsys/map.php?mapid=54

Are you sure your car radio has RDS AF enabled ?

Where were you driving to/from ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Mark C wrote: »
    99.7 is Radio 1 in the Brighton and Basingstoke areas (to name the nearest two transmitters to the area you're in)

98.2 is the Rowridge transmitter, that covers this area, including the entire length of the M27 :-

Maybe we should ask Peter Gabriel? See if he can pick up a signal on Salisbury hill
  • Options
    Jim_AFCBJim_AFCB Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Agreed - Radio 1 98.2 can be picked up here with a nail stuck in the aerial socket. Not surprising as the Rowridge tx runs 250KW!
  • Options
    DeanparkrDeanparkr Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark C wrote: »

Ah thank you very much for the link! I have now manually tuned from 99.7 to 98.20 and i'm back in action, including the RDS :)
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be grateful!:cool::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    radioguy87 wrote: »
    Maybe we should ask Peter Gabriel? See if he can pick up a signal on Salisbury hill

The song is Solsbury Hill ... which, incidentally, is in Somerset!!!