Vicky was COMPLETELY RIGHT about Charlotte.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think respect has a different meaning now, In my Day { hate people that say that, so I always do} Teachers, Parents and anyone in authority we were taught to Respect and be Polite to, or we got a clip round the ear, live next to secondary school and they even call teachers and helpers c$$$, F$$$$$s, the language is awful, Makes you wonder what the next generation will be like, Charlotte and Mario comes to mind,
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VICKY HAS BEEN BEEN NOTHING BUT RESPECTFUL TO CHARLOTTE

Charlotte has repaid this by by defactating, passing wind, peeing the bed, swearing, being greedy with alcohol, selfish with the space in the house, noisy and disrespectful to others.

Agreed. Charlotte doesn't deserve respect but Vicky does in my opinion. But this isn't due to their age but their behaviour.

In contrast I Bruce has forfeited the right to my respect but Courtney hasn't.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    auntysplat wrote: »
    I think respect has a different meaning now, In my Day { hate people that say that, so I always do} Teachers, Parents and anyone in authority we were taught to Respect and be Polite to, or we got a clip round the ear, live next to secondary school and they even call teachers and helpers c$$$, F$$$$$s, the language is awful, Makes you wonder what the next generation will be like, Charlotte and Mario comes to mind,

But it was always like that my Dad went to school in the late 60's early 70's and used to talk to teachers like that and even hit them I know this as both he and a teacher who was still there when I went told me in fact he told me how shocked he was at how different we were (If a teacher told me to jump off the roof I would have no questions asked as a teacher told me to do it)
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    auntysplat wrote: »

I see where you are coming from, im 24 but I don't swear to my elders not even when I was a nipper. I always have common decency because my parents taught me to be polite...I agree some people are not...but politeness and respect are two different things.
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlotte is nasty about everyone but Carol in the house and has been from day one, about time someone other than Bruce dished her some home truths. Awful person.
    TOO TRUE, alas. Ignorant vulgar desperate girl even turns on The Public now. She's now making Skidmark Sallie seem decent by comparison. Get arrogant, infantile Charlotte OUT!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I thought Vicky was spot on with her words. Someone going on about how many men she has slept with is nothing to be proud of and Charlotte is a bad role model in my opinon, even though she is a harmless girl, with quite a nice personality. Charlotte needs to understand not everyone in this world is going to feel positive about her and worship her. It is not like the. Well known people will recieve negativity, as well as positivity

I just cannot believe the extremes she goes to on GS. I hope when she's older that she will have no regrets about doing the show, otherwise it will haunt her for the rest of her life.
    She has basically sacrificed her self respect for that show. If she's fine with that, no problem but when she's older (and Geordie Shore is ancient history) she will more than likely want to lead a different life path and seek a normal career. It will be a problem then. What employer is going to hire her?
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the knowledge :)

What im saying isn't a personal attack on anyone so if someone takes it that way then I do apologize but like some strongly feel respect should be automatically given to elders, I strongly believe its conditional and theres a difference between common decency and respect :)

I agree :) I think there's a fine line between the two.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Breege1 wrote: »
    I just cannot believe the extremes she goes to on GS. I hope when she's older that she will have no regrets about doing the show, otherwise it will haunt her for the rest of her life.
    She has basically sacrificed her self respect for that show. If she's fine with that, no problem but when she's older (and Geordie Shore is ancient history) she will more than likely want to lead a different life path and seek a normal career. It will be a problem then. What employer is going to hire her?

What about when she has kids and they finds video evidence of what their Mum is "really" like it's one thing hearing the odd story but seeing it in HD is another
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see where you are coming from, im 24 but I don't swear to my elders not even when I was a nipper. I always have common decency because my parents taught me to be polite...I agree some people are not...but politeness and respect are two different things.

They really are. For me, politeness should, ideally, be everyone's starting premise towards everyone else. You need no knowledge of a person in order to extend basic politeness and courtesy to them. Respect, on the other hand, is a deeper process and comes from/is generated by knowledge of someone.
  • kaylz23kaylz23 Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    MTV encourages this type of behavior therefore Charlotte doesn't think she should be polite or respect anyone. The cast are becoming very full of them selves and are disliked in the North East. They get alot of grief when they go out drinking etc and so they need very thick skin to not let it bother them.

I don't think Charlotte respects anyone. They are being rewarded for acting like idiots so they'll now go through life believing they are untouchable...:mad:
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt uncomfortable the night they showed Charlotte shouting at Bruce. She was telling him off in the manner she would with someone much younger than her, not a 60 year old man.

The 'respect has to be earned' line is dodgy and means society could become a free for all and people could treat anyone they believe doesn't deserve respect with contempt.
  • fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People deserve respect until they prove they are unworthy of it.

The age issue is totally irrelevant. Is it 21 year olds that are producing Geordie Shore and Towie? No, it isn't, it's 50 year old 'respectable' men in suits encouraging girls as young as 18 to act like tramps so we can all feel better about ourselves.

The older generation are still in control of the laws, schools, media and economy, so the younger generation are simply a product of what their elders have created.

Back on topic, having watched the live feed, I think Charlotte lost it and was foul mouthed regardless of what Vicky did or didn't say. I think the pressure is getting to all of them.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree with Vicky that you should be respectful of other people.
    What I don't agree with her about is to respect someone purely on age difference or the fact she never suggested to Bruce to show respect back.

Respect should be given freely not on stipulations.
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I felt uncomfortable the night they showed Charlotte shouting at Bruce. She was telling him off in the manner she would with someone much younger than her, not a 60 year old man.

The 'respect has to be earned' line is dodgy and means society could become a free for all and people could treat anyone they believe doesn't deserve respect with contempt.

I felt very uncomfortable when Bruce shouted at Lauren. Not only this but the way he charged away to do it. This, coming from an older man. If older people want respect then earn it.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delly wrote: »
    I felt very uncomfortable when Bruce shouted at Lauren. Not only this but the way he charged away to do it. This, coming from an older man. If older people want respect then earn it.

Yes, but you'd nearly expect older people to be grouchy and bad tempered and telling off those younger than them. It looks a lot worse to see a woman in her early 20s shouting at a man in his 60s (and especially at someone who is not a family member).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did agree with Charlotte over the Bruce thing but nothing else he was in the wrong that time
    They were both wrong imo. He should control his temper and she should not have picked a fight with him next morning then faked an apology and laughed about doing so afterwards.
    There's a petition online of loads of actors, producers, directors asking for leniency for Polanski. Not that long ago actually. You probably don't want to read it or you'll never watch anything again. Literally anyone who is anyone signed it, including some of my favourite directors and actors, people I thought had integrity and discernment. I was very disappointed. Apparently if you're a great 'artist', you can get away with sodomising a minor and still be acclaimed by your peers.

They were not exactly asking for leniency. They were asking for him not to be arrested in a neutral country while attending an award ceremony because it would set a precedent of repressive countries thinking international award ceremonies were a golden opportunity to snatch people and bundle them away for trials. (That was not the exact words, obviously, but it is how I understand it). Polanski seems to have behaved disgracefully and made attempts to justify it that were equally disgraceful; I can only think the surprisingly sudden pleas by the victim that he should be forgiven how were the result of a very substantial and very private financial arrangement.

To return belatedly to the OP, I agree with those who say that the respect due to older people is linked to the respect older people should show to younger people. There is a bottom line of manners that should not be crossed. My reservations about Charlotte are not that she is 'a slapper' or that she wet the bed, but that she genuinely seems a bit spoilt to me. Her diary room performances are stagey and often rather manipulative - I wish they would not humour her by showing them - and there was a clear intent to damage first Bruce's and then Abz's standing in the way she phrased the attacks which was also manipulative. I have come to rather dread these young scripted reality housemates as they always seem to come with a persona, and to turn out to be rather spoilt and have a big sense of entitlement. For once I agree with Carol and Louie when they said that unearned success achieved very young is not good for someone.
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im going to hang fire on an opinion ..as live feed started half way through this argument ..so we don't have all the facts ..and are prejudgeing on half a story ..im mid fifties ..and am of the opinion ..respect is earnt ..not a god given right
  • Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive a horrible feeling vicky will come worse off with the teenies and chavs tonight
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Ive a horrible feeling vicky will come worse off with the teenies and chavs tonight

The eviction isn't until Wednesday, so she won't be hearing the crowd tonight.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please have some respect for elder posts.

All posts where someone has been offended really ought to have at least one :mad: in memory, and for full effect a Bah! at the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicki is a middle aged woman whose had to put up with a disrespectful, loudmothed chav for the last two weeks whose shown no manners, no consideration for other and no class whatsoever.

She is well within her right to tell charlotte off because Charlotte is consuming the entire house with the disgusting behaviour

And as for FMs saying 'why should Charlotte respect Bruce and Vicki because theyre older, Respect should be earned' blah blah blah

THAT is what is wrong with society today. That is why kids are running amuck, that is why were in the situation were in

Young people believing that they run the show, have no discipline and no respect for people whove been on this earth a lot longer than them and have plain and simple manners and respect for others AS HUMANS

Charlotte is what is wrong with this country. Behaving like an animal and having people the same age not only approving of it but bigging it up and paying no heed to authority both in their own home and on the streets

Im so pleased Vicky stood her ground its about time that little madam was brought down several pegs

No Vicky was wrong Charlotte was saying it was not fair that Lauren was treated differently - and Vicky where was your respect for Louie when he nominated you - you and Danielle blowing him up ? Respect is earned not a given right - and you are quite venomous in your speech -
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is everything that is wrong with the United Kingdom. No dignity, rude and stupid.
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maincoony wrote: »
    LMFAO....... so you could be a pathetic, moronic, workshy, racist tosspot of a 28 year old, yet the fact you are 28 means you should command the respect of a well spoken, well brought up, well mannered, educated, intellectual 15 years old??????

If you were a well spoken, well brought up, well mannered, educated, intellectual 15 year old then there would be no issue because although you may not respect a pathetic, moronic, workshy, racist tosspot of a 28 year old, you wouldn't show your disrespect of the 28 year old in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    If you were a well spoken, well brought up, well mannered, educated, intellectual 15 year old then there would be no issue because although you may not respect a pathetic, moronic, workshy, racist tosspot of a 28 year old, you wouldn't show your disrespect of the 28 year old in the first place.

That's not the point at issue though. The poster was trying to say that as a 28 year old she should necessarily have the respect of someone younger. However my point is simply to question what right a pathetic moronic workshy racist tosspot has of a younger person's respect simply because they are 28. A different point entirely to the one you fielded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would suggest, if you don't mind, that perhaps it might be as well for you not to patronise the thousands of people younger than you who have had one hell of a life dealing with illnesss, disability, death, family disasters and dreadful family circumstances beyond what most of us could imagine. And who are still dealing with it.

Your own thread? :eek::eek:

Stands and applauds DavetheSensible. And would add that smugness is a deeply unappealing trait in one so young as 28.....
This discussion has been closed.