Wentworth (remake of Prisoner: Cell Block H) on Channel 5 (Spoilers in tags)

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The music was just right for that scene.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foxy Rhino wrote: »
    Wow. Has Wentworth mirrored the original series regarding Debbie?

its what fuelled (old bea) and her hatred of drugs.
  • TomTom Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Jacs is one harsh bitch! Did Brayden ever love Debbie? I'm shocked!!
  • DeanparkrDeanparkr Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent episode. Poor Bea :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom wrote: »

Maybe he had feelings but he is his mother's son he used Debbie for his own gain and tossed her aside when the job was done.
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Maybe he had feelings but he is his mother's son he used Debbie for his own gain and tossed her aside when the job was done.

A shiver has just gone down my spine at the thought - I thought the scene was just so chilling!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom wrote: »

She really is Classic PCBH.
    Reminds me of the one that had Myra Desmond shot in the old series. Ordered the Deed done and just walked away
  • ArtemsGirlArtemsGirl Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Wow what an amazing episode. Jacs is pure evil and I can't believe Vera!!!
    I love Wentworth, I never watched PCBH but used to watch Bad Girls. Can't wait for next week.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Powerful death scene, can't believe he just walked away and left her to die on her own!
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode this week! Best so far. Unfortunately I already knew what was coming with Debbie but that just made watching scenes like her phone call with Bea more poignant. Excellent stuff. Looking forward to next week's already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 Episodes to go folks the drama can only get more intense.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is next week the last episode?
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are two episodes left.

I was really shocked by that ending when I saw it here. Because I am not very familiar with PCBH I did not see it coming at all and I couldn't believe the writers would go that far. I guess fans of the original, with their better knowledge of Bea, would not have been quite so shocked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    triton333 wrote: »
    There are two episodes left.

I was really shocked by that ending when I saw it here. Because I am not very familiar with PCBH I did not see it coming at all and I couldn't believe the writers would go that far. I guess fans of the original, with their better knowledge of Bea, would not have been quite so shocked.
    tbh as soon as I saw the drugs I knew it wasn't going to end well if they are following the old Bea/Debbie storyline. Its basically what changed the old Bea into the Top dog she was in PCBH. Her loathing of drugs forced her into the job
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the same as oathy above, in that as I knew enough about Bea from the original and her backstory and relationship to drugs, I predicted that this storyline with Debbie was inevitable.
    Didn't make it any less powerful as drama though.
    Even though I had an inkling of what was coming down the pipe weeks ago it was still very harrowing to watch.
  • MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vera :eek:

Ok so she may have had a hand in starting the riot but surely she didn't stab Meg?

Also very powerful ending, this has to be one of the best dramas of the year.
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I didn't know about Bea and Debbie before Wentworth. It meant that the scene had maximum impact.
    MontyD wrote: »
    Vera :eek:

Ok so she may have had a hand in starting the riot but surely she didn't stab Meg?

How insecure Vera must be to organize a fight just so she can ride in and save the day to impress her bosses. The way she explained it to Jacs was sooo pathetic, but actress Kate Atkinson was so right for that scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering about the age gaps between the original characters and how it is not mirrored in Wentworth Bea seems to be the only character who is close to the same age:

Based on series 1 1978 vs series 1 2013 (estimate age)

Old Bea 38 New Bea 35
    Old Lizzie 65 New Lizzie 40
    Old Erica 55 New Erica 30
    Old Fletcher 38 New Fletcher 28
    Old Frankie 33 New Frankie 23
    Old Vera 42 New Vera 27

I supposed it was the only way they could do it but this isn't really a mirroring of how they were before as obviously the age ranges are different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I was wondering about the age gaps between the original characters and how it is not mirrored in Wentworth Bea seems to be the only character who is close to the same age:

Based on series 1 1978 vs series 1 2013 (estimate age)

Old Bea 38 New Bea 35
    Old Lizzie 65 New Lizzie 40
    Old Erica 55 New Erica 30
    Old Fletcher 38 New Fletcher 28
    Old Frankie 33 New Frankie 23
    Old Vera 42 New Vera 27

I supposed it was the only way they could do it but this isn't really a mirroring of how they were before as obviously the age ranges are different.

Do you mean the ages of the characters or the age of the actors? Because have all the ages of the characters been mentioned in the series?
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always knew Debbie's death would come because of how it happened in the Prisoner series but it was still shocking all the same.

The next two episodes, and the final episode in particular, are some of the best TV I've honestly ever seen.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Im confused about the vera thing. I watched the episode but i must have missed the bit where it explained why vera help jacs. From reading this thread it seems that jacs knew vera started the riot. How did she know that? Was vera hoping to get promoted?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Im confused about the vera thing. I watched the episode but i must have missed the bit where it explained why vera help jacs. From reading this thread it seems that jacs knew vera started the riot. How did she know that? Was vera hoping to get promoted?

Vera stupidly asked Jacs to start a fight, so that Vera could come in and sort it out so that it looked like she was good at her job.
    Now Jacs has something on Vera which she can use against her if Vera doesn't do her bidding. Jacs has power over Vera which could ruin her and lose her career.

To be honest, although it was a great episode, this little plot point was awful because it stretches believability far too much.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always knew Debbie's death would come because of how it happened in the Prisoner series but it was still shocking all the same.

The next two episodes, and the final episode in particular, are some of the best TV I've honestly ever seen.

where can I see these episodes?
    Forum Member
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    where can I see these episodes?

Channel 5, Wednesday night (23rd and 30th October) at 10pm.... :P
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does next week's episode pick up from last night's? It was so good!!