It's Great News! But the implications must be carefully considered:

1) Someone cast it adrift

2) It fell off

3) It crashed in an ocean
  • Options
    BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly needs saying, of course it was from MH370. It's the only unaccounted for 777 worldwide.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I think he should of knew something wasn't right with those turning up around the same time that all happened

What if similar things were turning up before? Was he supposed to think 'Ok, It was coincidence before, BUT NOW it MUST be from that certain plane'

Get real, Things aren't that black and white especially on small islands
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Malaysian Prime Minister, Najib Razak, has confirmed that the debris found on Reunion was from MH370.

This is from a separate press conference in Malaysia, not the French one.

Not unexpected news the 239 families who have lost their loved ones must feel terrible.
  • Options
    DotheboyshallDotheboyshall Posts: 40,583
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    How do they know for sure, what is the evidence?
    Serial number on the flaperon at a guess
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member

........ was on't telly!
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you'd been paying any attention to the news, every plane part has a unique serial number they can trace back to a particular plane. So that's their evidence.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member

The evidence is a serial number. Also that they know its from a 777. And since MH370 is THE only 777 missing worldwide, then that's all the evidence you need.
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    ........ was on't telly!
    What do you mean?
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    The evidence is a serial number. Also that they know its from a 777. And since MH370 is THE only 777 missing worldwide, then that's all the evidence you need.
    Serial number, that definetly confirms it came from that plane, that's it 100%
  • Options
    FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I read earlier that most aircraft parts are stamped with serial numbers that would allow investigators to track what type of plane a part comes from, where it was manufactured, and even the individual who made it. Based on that, I assume that the French authorities were able to contact Boeing and cross-reference the serial number against their database (if there was a serial number on the part).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Serial number, that definetly confirms it came from that plane, that's it 100%

Yes, 100%. And also common sense dictates that since its from a 777 and MH320 is the only 777 unaccounted for, the part is from that aircraft.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been confirmed the plane wing is from MH370. I knew it!!!!!
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    French press conference is being done very professionally and in great detail, this we will be able to rely on fully.

"Very strong supposition that it's from MH 370.

1. Clearly from a 777
    2. Malaysian airline advised certain technical specs of the flaperon, which were the same as the actual flaperon.
    3. Confirmation will be made tomorrow.
    "

The Malay PM has (again) jumped the gun - though it's clearly almost certainly from MH 370. But absolute confirmation is not the same as very strong supposition! Oh... a different translater now says it's "strong indications".

Translation semantics! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

As did everyone else. Don't think you were the only one.
  • Options
    SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what does happen now? Is that case closed, call off the search or will they continue looking for any other remains?

How terrible for the families. I hope this helps them gain some closure, but I can't imagine how awful it is for them right now. Even though they surely knew the outcome by now, without physical evidence they would have been holding out hope because, well, so would anyone in that position. Poor things, my thoughts and prayers are with them.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    French press conference is being done very professionally and in great detail, this we will be able to rely on fully.

"Very strong supposition that it's from MH 370.

1. Clearly from a 777
    2. Malaysian airline advised certain technical specs of the flaperon, which were the same as the actual flaperon.
    3. Absolute confirmation will be made tomorrow.
    "

The Malay PM has (again) jumped the gun - though it's clearly almost certainly from MH 370.

My thoughts too!

No mention of a serial number ... just "common factors".

"Detailed analysis will start and we'll confirm things later"
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

It was never in doubt, 1 plane of that type is missing. Are you a troll or are you just in your own ignorant world?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full statement from Malaysia Airlines

"8 Aug 2015: Malaysia Airlines would like to sincerely convey our deepest sorrow to the families and friends of the passengers onboard Flight MH370 on the news that the flaperon found on Reunion Island on 29 July was indeed from Flight MH370. This has been confirmed jointly today by the French Authorities, Bureau d’ Enquetes et d‘ Analyses pour la Securites de I’AviationCivile (BEA), the Malaysian Investigation Team, Technical Representative from PRC and Australian Transportation Safety Bureau (ATSB) in Toulouse, France and subsequently announced by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Razak.

Family members of passengers and crew have already been informed and we extend our deepest sympathies to those affected.

This is indeed a major breakthrough for us in resolving the disappearance of MH370. We expect and hope that there would be more objects to be found which would be able to help resolve this mystery.

Moving forward, Malaysia Airlines’ priority will continue to provide latest updates and information to the families and will fully cooperate with the relevant authorities on the investigation and recovery of this tragic accident."

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/e...ent_mh370.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what does happen now? Is that case closed, call off the search or will they continue looking for any other remains?

How terrible for the families. I hope this helps them gain some closure, but I can't imagine how awful it is for them right now. Even though they surely knew the outcome by now, without physical evidence they would have been holding out hope because, well, so would anyone in that position. Poor things, my thoughts and prayers are with them.

They need to recover the blackbox to fully understand what happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least this gives the victims families closure on what happened
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least this gives the victims families closure on what happened

Sadly it won't be enough for some of the families and I don't think any of the families will have full closure until they know how the plane ended up in the sea and where their loved ones are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly it won't be enough for some of the families and I don't think any of the families will have full closure until they know how the plane ended up in the sea and where their loved ones are.

Obviously some will want more but the proof is that this wing is the plane and it crashed
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be from a B-52. Just saying.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Obviously some will want more but the proof is that this wing is the plane and it crashed

What, other than crashing, did you think had happened to it?
This discussion has been closed.