Options

Has GMTV Made ANY Mention...

44444444 Posts: 1,104
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Of the fact they're finishing this morning, at least the main programme? I've been watching it for an hour or so and I don't think there's been a single mention!

Won't miss it, can't wait for it to disappear.

Comments

• Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    yeah its a bit odd....more of a whimper. thought we might get some old clips etc...

they did just mention to clair nazir that she had 5o minutes to go..but thats it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McFly have just said something. You can always count on them. :D
  • Options
    KayokKayok Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I am surprised how boring it is today. I thought it would have a real sentimental, party atmosphere, but dull, dull, dull.
    Packed with guests just plugging their stuff as usual.
    What a total letdown. It should be wall to wall clips of old guests, laughs, c*ck-ups, and sadness.
    What are the producers thinking, it will go out with a Thank God That's Over, Anything Will Be Better..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No mention, but the way Nigel Planer just ambled off to make way for McFly suggests everyone else has gone. Just the sofa, the two presenters, a static camera and the guests left now. The lights will go out one by one soon, as the caretaker locks up. :p
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, surely Emma Crosby could've worn something a little more revealing on her last day:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, they seem to be allowed to talk about it now ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Less than 10 minutes to go now. Although they are talking about it, it's all so muted. I'm really quite surprised they haven't had a full-on 'memories' show.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, they're giving it some mention, but to be honest - not a lot. And no past nostalgic clips either or anything.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was sad :(
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that a re-recording of the original music?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People like Andrew Castle and Richard Arnold looked genuinely upset, but errr, that was it. :confused:

Then Chiles in his pants on the ad for Daybreak. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Very disapointing ending, nothing like when TV-AM closed for the final time.

ITV have screwed this up big time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well thats it for me...i think GMTV had the balance and gave viewers what they wanted in an early morning...very light hearted but keeping with current affairs...

I shall not even give Daybreak a chance as i'm not a fan of the presenters...off to skynews in a morning for me...:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Was that a re-recording of the original music?

Nah, that was probably one of the variations used.
    They probably had one with a sax lead, and another
    with electric guitar lead.

Talk about obsessed...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well thats if for me...i loved the format of GMTV and the presenters...thoguht they really had the balance of light entertainment in a morning whilst keeping up with current affairs...I shall not be giving Daybreak a chance as not a fan of the presenters....so off to Skynews in a morning i go...:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I can't believe they had to go like that - hardly any mention. No highlights package - only 3 minutes at the end!

Love the fact that they ended with the original theme tune, cutting to the remaining team hugging etc...as the camera panned away and the lights went out

Andrew was very dignified, and I actually felt quite sad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    never been a big fan of GMTV, but i think it's demise has been handled awful. when the end caption appeared showing the logo and (c) date the music hadn't properly finished before the advert for Daybreak had started. where were the faces?, john stapleton, lorraine kelly, kirsty lang and past names as in ben shepherd, carla romano and penny smith, it wasn't GMTV's fault they weren't required for it's replacement. not even past faces like fiona phillips and eamonn 'does my bum look big in everything' holmes bothererd to show. guess you know who your pals are.
    shame.'
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember that GMTV is now owned by ITV so I'm guessing they probably didn't want a big farewell.

If the last show had been all nostalgic then people might say "hey that was a really good programme" which is the last thing ITV want when they're launching their new show in a few days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Lorraine barely showed up for GMTV, she has a cushy new job on Daybreak, so she was never going to show up for this. Stapleton has a part time Daybreak job too, plus he doesn't live in London

Penny was sacked, so I don't blame her for not coming in for what would have been a 2 minute appearance

Clearly GMTV was going to go quietly, otherwise I think a lot of the faces would have come back - look at the posse who turned out for Penny's last show

Andrew mentioned in a magazine that there's a leaving do at the weekend, so i'm guessing everyone will be there then
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4444 wrote: »
    Of the fact they're finishing this morning, at least the main programme? I've been watching it for an hour or so and I don't think there's been a single mention!

Won't miss it, can't wait for it to disappear.

Out of interest, if you dislike it so much, why were you watching it? Just to see if they made any mention of the fact it was finishing? What were you hoping to witness?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    never been a big fan of GMTV, but i think it's demise has been handled awful. when the end caption appeared showing the logo and (c) date the music hadn't properly finished before the advert for Daybreak had started. where were the faces?, john stapleton, lorraine kelly, kirsty lang and past names as in ben shepherd, carla romano and penny smith, it wasn't GMTV's fault they weren't required for it's replacement. not even past faces like fiona phillips and eamonn 'does my bum look big in everything' holmes bothererd to show. guess you know who your pals are.
    shame.'

I agree, as a viewer since day 1 I feel cheated.

They have done nothing to try and convert any viewer to watch Daybreak on Monday.

I would have had many old GMTV faces on the show all week and had Adrian and his Bitch promoting the new show on the GMTV sofa today.

Dare I say it, ITV should of done something similar to Heart this week saying that Daybreak is coming when going to the ad's.

ITV have lost the plot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Out of interest, if you dislike it so much, why were you watching it? Just to see if they made any mention of the fact it was finishing? What were you hoping to witness?

I've got this weird thing about breakfast television. Have to watch all the openings and closings. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've got this weird thing about breakfast television. Have to watch all the openings and closings. :p

Daybreak will be ideal for you

It's opens Monday and will close shortly after :cool:
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm the same. :o At the end of the day TV history happened 25 minutes ago and I wanted to see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the same. :o At the end of the day TV history happened 25 minutes ago and I wanted to see it.

There's something about breakfast telly which is completely different to anything else. It's very odd! :D