The weekly Spoiler Threads

Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,730
Forum Member
Most weeks I take a peek at the Spoiler Thread on a Sunday afternoon, but this week I didn’t and actually found that I enjoyed the results show more and paid more attention to it than I normally do – normally it’s just on in the background but this week I actually watched it properly.

So here’s the question – do you/don’t you check the spoiler thread and if you do, do you think it affects how you watch the results show?

Comments

• holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always check out the spoiler thread and I enjoy the results show more as a result because I know who is safe and who isn't so I can really savour the tension on the contestants' faces and the joy (or otherwise) that follows.
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    The spoiler thread is one of the best on this forum imo. Everyone have a choice of whether they want to know or not, it is my first call on a sunday morning. A big thank you to everyone who make the spoiler happen.....I am usually out on a sunday night and it is monday before I get to see the result show...
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most weeks I take a peek at the Spoiler Thread on a Sunday afternoon, but this week I didn’t and actually found that I enjoyed the results show more and paid more attention to it than I normally do – normally it’s just on in the background but this week I actually watched it properly.

So here’s the question – do you/don’t you check the spoiler thread and if you do, do you think it affects how you watch the results show?

Yes I participate in the spoiler thread every week. Yes it does affect how I watch the results show because I can relax knowing who is going. This week in particular I enjoyed the results show knowing Judy had gone and not Steve or Sunetra. If one of my favourites goes, I can then decide whether I watch the show or not or just miss the end bit.
  • yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    Yes I participate in the spoiler thread every week. Yes it does affect how I watch the results show because I can relax knowing who is going. This week in particular I enjoyed the results show knowing Judy had gone and not Steve or Sunetra. If one of my favourites goes, I can then decide whether I watch the show or not or just miss the end bit.

I join in the spoiler thread every week too, because it's a lot of fun. No other thread has spinny chairs !!
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always have a look. I don't get involved with the pretend food eating however.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I generally always check the spoiler thread as hate not knowing if my faves are safe .. knowing in advance means you can prepare if need be .. possibly down a few more glasses of wine than normal etc etc :D
    I get too anxious to watch it unprepared and so really appreciate the input from those attending the shows.
    Saturday night was tense this week and I was worrying for Caroline .. it was as nothing though compared to the faux spoiler that hit the thread after Kimberley had danced her AS and Charleston (or was it her fusion?) ... top of the leader board but the spoiler came in that she was in bottom two with DVO and eliminated due to a mess up!! It trended on Twitter too .. awful it was .. I think it was a good hour before the real result was confirmed.
    Someone had a good laugh that night :D
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Knowing the result lets me avoid watching the results show at all most weeks.

I watch it only if a contestant I care about and like has ended in the bottom two and I also want to see how they dance in the dance-off.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always checked the spoiler thread every Saturday night. And I watch the show on Sunday:) -

Btw it's one of the best threads in this forum :)
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    This week's spoiler thread was hilarious. :D

I also wouldn't be able to cope with Sunetra first revealed to be in the dance-off, I'd probably have some sort of mental breakdown! :o:p
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always check it and I think it allows me to enjoy the Sunday show a bit more knowing the result. It's been quite good because other than Thom, I've not really been that sad to see someone go - but must admit, the rumours of Frankie vs Mark in the DO this weekend had me going a bit imagining the Kevin/Karen reaction to it. Lol

The spoiler thread is really good - I'm glad we have it on here.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    I always have a look. I don't get involved with the pretend food eating however.

This. I have to admit I find that whole business a bit silly and I don't think there's any need for so much off-topic chatter, but I just ignore it and check the last page.

It was rather hilarious on Saturday night when people were actually waiting for the spoiler and not just discussing panda cams.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I always check it on a Sunday morning but it doesn't take away my enjoyment from watching the results show on the Sunday night. :)
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    This week's spoiler thread was hilarious. :D

I also wouldn't be able to cope with Sunetra first revealed to be in the dance-off, I'd probably have some sort of mental breakdown! :o:p

I loved it too! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I thoroughly enjoy the spoiler thread. This week in particular was hilarious as we all waited and waited! The virtual food and associated banter all help relieve the tension of waiting.
    As to whether it affects my viewing? It means I can relax and watch properly (dodgy camera work permitting)
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always check the spoiler thread.

I suffer from anxiety, so unnecessary anxiety - even the pantomime-style delays of these results shows - can make me feel more anxious in general.

When I check the spoiler, I am able to enjoy watching the results show. Part of what I enjoy is looking at how they select the 'in no particular order' read out of names in order to maximise dramatic tension.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been checking the spoiler thread for results since they first occurred, way back when.

This is the first year I have not watched the results show religiously. Since last year Sunday night tv has become time for catching up on all that has been recorded and frankly there has been only one week where I felt the desire to change it to watch someone get sent home
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lurk in the corner and steal food when nobody's looking. I love panda cam and this week's baby sea otter WAS TO DIE FOR!!!!!! :D:D:D

Oh yes - and I have to know who's gone out on a Saturday night. Couldn't possibly wait until Sunday FGS!! :o
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always check the spoiler thread from about 10.15pm onwards and say 'Thank You' for the spoiler.
    This last week's one was a bit of a long haul though. :)

Most of the time I watch the results show and no, it doesn't spoil my enjoyment at all, in fact it allows me more time to look at the faces of those in the bottom two, to see their reaction.;-)
  • mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last week was the first week I didn't check it and I didn't enjoy the results show at all. In future i shall do what I always do, check it last thing Saturday night.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,844
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

You should its very slimming! :D

I always check the spoiler. I post a little but not habitually. I don't religiously watch the results show. I find it a bit dull, certainly not worth staying in for.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't read the spoiler threads. I'd rather watch the results show.
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always read the spoiler as I feel, apart from the pro opening number, the results show is a waste of time. If I'm in, I watch the Pro's then do something else.
    Never been a fan of the dance off as there seems little point in it. The judges will already know which of the two is the better dancer by then.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    If I know the result is a couple of clicks away I'm gonna click.

The same applies with sporting events.

I find the results show a bit tedious even when I don't know the result so it's no big loss.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should record the saved / in the dance off sequence at rehearsals with two options each.

And have the votes internet only for 15 minutes during Len's Lens and the pro number after the celeb dances.

That should be enough time to play the results sequence straight after the show.
  • catakincatakin Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I read the spoilers. I think it isn't the same knowing who's out before when watching the results show but it's such a fun site to be on after Saturday's shows. So funny this week waiting for the late result.