Options

CS - Deirdre's Auntie Beryl

callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
Forum Member
✭✭
Going through character profiles I just remembered that Deirdre had an aunt named Beryl (Blanche's sister). She has never been seen in the show, but Deirdre went to visit her last year off-screen.

Should she be introduced as a new character and can move into No.1 with Ken?

Comments

• Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She also has a cousin named Bradley.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many different people could have made an appearance at the funeral. Billy Walker, Ray Langton, and why didnt Peter come to the funeral - otherwise what is the point of him returning for a couple of days after? But we had to have those two silly old bags who I presume were supposed to be hilarious who stole food from the wake and acted like care in the community.
  • Options
    davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray Langton is dead although the actor isn't.
  • Options
    mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many different people could have made an appearance at the funeral.......Ray Langton

Ray Langton was written back into Coronation Street in episodes that aired in March 2005, after 26 years away, for a six-week run. His character died of cancer in an episode that aired in the UK on 10 April 2005.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all we need to say is Kevins dead son...
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I think all we need to say is Kevins dead son...

What's that got to do with anything?
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the funeral is being haled as a fitting tribute, they couldn't even get the full current cast there, no Carla, fiz, Tyrone ( who wouldn't have ever came to the street) Sophie, Anna nick? Ok there not all her friends but surely they could have written it that all current cast had s reason to be there. No past stars, bet lynch at least could have made a cameo, or John Lindsey would have made more dramatic sense at the back of the church than Tracey's husband, Jackie dobbs? Nothing but a few people from the street, shameful then that excuse for a wake? Where was the party that was described in the letter?
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo23 wrote: »
    the funeral is being haled as a fitting tribute, they couldn't even get the full current cast there, no Carla, fiz, Tyrone ( who wouldn't have ever came to the street) Sophie, Anna nick? Ok there not all her friends but surely they could have written it that all current cast had s reason to be there. No past stars, bet lynch at least could have made a cameo, or John Lindsey would have made more dramatic sense at the back of the church than Tracey's husband, Jackie dobbs? Nothing but a few people from the street, shameful then that excuse for a wake? Where was the party that was described in the letter?

The wake continues in tonight's episode.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid people move in and out of your life all the time.

Not everyone can be expected to attends funerals all the time. many have work commitments/holidays etc as I have just found with my Aunts recent funeral.

Life goes on.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's that got to do with anything?

Think about it.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Des Lennis was there putting his two pennarth in (even though he never met Diedre and wobbling his face about - what else do you want?????
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    So many different people could have made an appearance at the funeral. Billy Walker...

Do "old flames" generally attend funerals, especially when the person's gone on to be married for many years? Be a bit awkward surely. Do ex-spouses even, as a rule? I can see them sending flowers maybe.