Tut US mini-series

bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Set in Ancient Egypt with Ben Kingsley, its not so bad its good but its been quite engaging while it shouldn't have been - terrible dialogue not much of a plot etc. Its on spike-TV in the US, well worth looking out for when it comes to UKTV. Recomended

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 5 are showing it in August.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    bingbong wrote: »
    Set in Ancient Egypt with Ben Kingsley, its not so bad its good but its been quite engaging while it shouldn't have been - terrible dialogue not much of a plot etc. Its on spike-TV in the US, well worth looking out for when it comes to UKTV. Recomended

I would say it is better than you are making out. The dialogue is fine -- what one would expect from something set in the ancient world, without the extra sparkle that would truly elevate it. The plot was decent enough. The production values were better than I expected given this was made by Spike. Three out of four stars is my grade.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I would say it is better than you are making out. The dialogue is fine -- what one would expect from something set in the ancient world, without the extra sparkle that would truly elevate it. The plot was decent enough. The production values were better than I expected given this was made by Spike. Three out of four stars is my grade.
    I agree, much better than i thought it would be. Some of the acting was a bit naff but the action scenes were excellent (and quite gory too). They even threw in a few gratuitous sex scenes for good measure. Not sure the eyeliner suited Ben Kingsley though :o:D
  • tigertimtimtigertimtim Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    i enjoyed it .....made a change from the usual cop shows :)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i enjoyed it .....made a change from the usual cop shows :)

I didn't know King Tut was a copper?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know King Tut was a copper?

Copper coloured :D
  • Derek_CooperDerek_Cooper Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Episode 3, about 30 minutes from the start: "It's just happened my lady. I'll phone the doctor". Didn't know the ancient Egyptians were that advanced :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 3, about 30 minutes from the start: "It's just happened my lady. I'll phone the doctor". Didn't know the ancient Egyptians were that advanced :D

You are wrong there, she actually says "I will find the doctor".
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will this be edited on Channel 5 where it's being shown as two 2hr 35min (inc, ads) parts but the original showing on Spike in the US was three 2hr. (inc ads.) parts?
    Each part on Spike ran for 1hr 30mins without ads making a total of 4hrs.30.mins so, allowing for the usual amount of ads on Channel 5, something doesn't add up
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Will this be edited on Channel 5 where it's being shown as two 2hr 35min (inc, ads) parts but the original showing on Spike in the US was three 2hr. (inc ads.) parts?
    Each part on Spike ran for 1hr 30mins without ads making a total of 4hrs.30.mins so, allowing for the usual amount of ads on Channel 5, something doesn't add up

My back of the fagpacket running time no adverts is 4hrs 20mins, that would still give 50 mins (?) worth at say 10 mins per hr, so maybe not that far off. A few cuts maybe so they dont have to air some terrible warning beforehand - although it was far tamer than something like GoT.

I had a thought that as this was not based on any pre-existing book that they have actually created something from scratch so they definitely deserve a bit of praise for that, much easier to do an adaptation. Adaptations can have a built in audience though so maybe it wont do as well viewerwise.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    Copper coloured :D

It's no wonder he lasted longer than the average Egyptians ruler. :)
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    This was excellent, really well made, great acting and characters, infamy betrayal, shocks, action, great set and costumes, brilliant