Fudd wrote: »
    I wonder if they would've written that line knowing what they know now. :D

Which line?
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which line?

About a perk of being a police officer being able to tell cabinet ministers to get off their bikes.

I think it says it all that the neighbours featured more heavily in the episode than the children.
  • Options
    belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben is a giant! The scenes where he was trying to keep Jane awake were brilliant and I reckon those lines were improvised, as they were just so random. "Think of a dracula gorilla. Eating a werewolf monkey or something. Think of Frankenstein, but as a frog. What's the capital of Serbia? Jane, there's a bear behind you, RARGH!"
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which line?

The one where the police officer said about a politician pushing his bike out of Downing SStreet
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    No where near as funny now Ben has grown up. He used to be so funny to watch.

It still had its moment but i do not see how they can drag one more season out .
  • Options
    Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they would've written that line knowing what they know now. :D

Funniest line of the episode. :D

I liked it tonight. Clearly the show has changed but still watch able and funny as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it but it was weird seeing the kids so old, especially with Karen's hair and Ben's voice.

I could have done without all the vomming though. It's triggered loads of irrational thoughts in me. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    I would definitely watch it without vomiting - but with vomiting no chance.

Are you an emetophobe too?
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, very funny, I don't see the problem with the kids getting older, that's what kids do.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice how Norris is a UKIP supporter and racist. Was that really a joke about Andrew Mtchell? Can't the BBC correct its lefty jokes by editing them out once the falsehoods are made clear?
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    Notice how Norris is a UKIP supporter and racist. Was that really a joke about Andrew Mtchell? Can't the BBC correct its lefty jokes by editing them out once the falsehoods are made clear?

It wasn't exactly a falsehood - the police officer did ask Andrew Mitchell to get off his bike. It was Mitchell's response which is being investigated.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more like My Family now, which in my opinion, isn't a bad thing considering I was one of the seemingly few who enjoyed My Family and I don't find little kids particularly cute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I have been going off the last few outings of Outnumbered, but I actually thought this was a pretty good episode! :o Maybe thats just my good Christmas mood haha :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent, very funny, I don't see the problem with the kids getting older, that's what kids do.

Of course but it makes the situations less funny.

Ben can not play the same character that he did when he was 8 and 9 .

When he is at the zoo and is screaming stranger at his dad as he did not get what he wanted ( imo it was classic)
  • Options
    The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »

When he is at the zoo and is screaming stranger at his dad as he did not get what he wanted ( imo it was classic)

MY - NAME'S - NOT - BEN!
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't exactly a falsehood - the police officer did ask Andrew Mitchell to get off his bike. It was Mitchell's response which is being investigated.

As well as the account recorded by the police (if the leak to the press was correct) which put everything else in doubt.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The kids have got older but the programme showed that there is still plenty of material for future programmes as they grow older.

I thought they were brave to do jokes around Novovirus but it came off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MY - NAME'S - NOT - BEN!

:D:D:D

haha
  • Options
    HazelKeelanHazelKeelan Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    The kids have got older but the programme showed that there is still plenty of material for future programmes as they grow older.

I thought they were brave to do jokes around Novovirus but it came off.

No, this is wrong. The programme very clearly showed that they are now too old and that the whole concept has now passed its shelf life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think they're doing any more now are they so it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    I don't think they're doing any more now are they so it doesn't really matter.

there is one more season to come in the new year :)
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I've never found the show funny, the kids can't act the adults are worse. Not a single one of them has any comedic timing.

If it's the BBC attempt at "comedy" they should stick to drama :eek:
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this show has actually done pretty well to evolve given the constraints placed upon them by how quickly children grow up at that age. They've developed the characters reasonably well and gradually shifted the types of storyline they tell. Ultimately there's never really a point when the family dynamic ceases to be so I'm sure they could carry on if they wished.

I thought this Christmas special was considerably better than the last one. I also think it's a little difficult to produce a one-off episode as there's no real context in terms of creating the background for storylines previously or developing something for later; you've got to set the scene, get it going and wrap it up all in the space of 40 minutes which isn't the easiest task. For this reason, I think Outnumbered has always been more effective with its series than its one-off specials.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Used to love this but its just not funny anymore. I don't think I laughed once.