Options

hair extensions

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
Forum Member
Hi:)
I bought some hair extensions two days ago,they are light brown. my hair is a really faded red colour at the moment and my natural hair colour is dark brown.basically im wanting to go back to brunette hair but i want my hair to match my extensions so how do i get them the same colour so they look natural?? Also How do u put them in correctly?? im totally new to this.theyre clip in ones.:confused:

Comments

• Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put half your hair up in a ponyttail ( top layers), clip the extensions in under the ponytail, and then let the rest down
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are human hair, you could dye both them and your hair back to what you think was your original colour, then they'd be exactly the same colour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    okay i want more then one row putting in though??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many clip-ins do you have?

If you are looking to add quite a lot of length and volume to your natural hair, clip-ins is an expensive way to do it... wefts and Liquid Gold/microrings may give you the best effect.

But if you want to stick with clip-ins, just section your hair into rows at the back, and the sides. Build up from bottom up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welll i got a big strip of hair and you cut it into strips youreself depending what size u need..my friend already helped me cut some and she put them in for me but myhair looked super thin,just wanna make it look as thick and natural as i can really!
    i have very naturally thin hair from straightening so much
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh, okay. Wefts, I think you have.

Okay, I reckon you could try the glue in method, with a glue called Liquid Gold, if you're prepared to. It doesn't touch your scalp, it is glued to layers of your hair, and lasts about four weeks. Most natural looking way to get thick, full locks! If you want any more info on that, I can help a bit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I reallly dont want to use the glue as i have already bought clips.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, stick with the clips then. With them, there isn't much of a specific technique, just section the hair, and build them up. I would do the back first, maybe get a friend to help you, then do the sides. The good thing with clips is that you can rearrange until you're happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh okay i guess il practise tommorow :)
    What is the best way to go about the dying my hair situation i mentioned above? ^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it human hair for sure? What colour?

If it's lighter than the dye, it'll be really easy, just dye it exactly as you would your own hair, cover a surface with some cling film or something and grab a tinting brush! It might be more awkward to lighten it, but still use the same instructions, just work the dye into the wefts with a tinting brush and with your fingers. Good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the extensions are 100% human hair and they're light brown.my natural hair colour is dark brown so im going to dye my hair and my extensions like a chocolate brown colour then when my natural hair colour shows it shouldnt be too obvious
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That'll be fine, I'm sure.

Just remembered a tip: for a more natural look with your wefts, once you've done the dyeing and dried them, wet them, then let them air dry, and they'll look more textured, and possibly fit your hair better, unless you're blessed with poker straight hair!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well i was thinking of after iv washed the dye off just leaving them dry naturally rather then dry them and wet them again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, go for it!

I hope it turns out well for you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanksss im gonna take some pics. If i can figure out how to do it,ill post them on here!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    still havent got around to it was really unsure what colour to dye them.Decided im going to dye them red instead..mayb do it tonight!! lol :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you do dye them its best to dye your hair at the same time so when the extensions fade your natural hair fades too