Can anyone go blonde

calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
Forum Member
✭✭
Being very dark hair colour and never changed it bye dyeingI wondered if anyone can suit blonde as some girls like Beyonce etc look great with blonde streaks, I remember years ago there was this spray stuff called Crazy Colour and I sprayed my hair auburn. no one knew me and I didnt suit it at all. so can brunettes go blonde and look the part?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some can but people born with dark hair usually have a skin tone that doesn't suit blonde. Maybe a few streaks or highlights but not all over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    some people suit and and some don't.
    Look online for a programme where you can play with your hair styles to see what it would look like! Here's one you can try:
    http://beauty.ivillage.com/0,,9jlxfdd5,00.html
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could also go into a department store that has a wig department (some Debenhams have them) and try on some wigs in various shades of blonde.

That way you can see how the difference shades suit your skin/eye colour before using any chemicals and risking a possible disaster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bear in mind as well that if your hair is very dark, it might not be possible to get all the colour out of it, or if you do you could ruin the condition of your hair. Have a chat to a good hairdresser
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the best way to go about dyeing it if your hair is naturally very dark is to use alightener first other wise it would be too much.

ask some close friends for their honest opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I'm a hairdresser, anyone can have blonde in there hair, it's mainly on how much you put in. If you have very dark hair, just by putting in a few blonde streaks would make a very big difference to how you look.

It's always best to start with a few then if you like them you can always add more.

The other problem with making dark hair blonde is that it can not always come out a nice creamy blonde.

Where ever you go ask them to do a strand test this is where they will cut a small piece of your hair and test it first to see what colour it comes out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having hair coloured blonde even proffesionally does in the end really dry's your hair out and wrecks it .If i were you i wouldnt do it if your hair is so dark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    Being very dark hair colour and never changed it bye dyeingI wondered if anyone can suit blonde as some girls like Beyonce etc look great with blonde streaks, I remember years ago there was this spray stuff called Crazy Colour and I sprayed my hair auburn. no one knew me and I didnt suit it at all. so can brunettes go blonde and look the part?
    It depends on how dark your Hair is and your eye colour and skin tone.

I think Blonde highlights/Streaks look ok with people with Dark Hair and Brown eyes but not being fully Blonde. Blonde hair tends to suit people who have Blue eyes and are already fair haired to start with and have quite fair skin.

I'm not saying it won't suit you as it suits everyone differently it's just overall and in general. I've seen some Women who it suits like Tamzin Outhwaite.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Who wants to go blonde... :p
  • Eye SeaEye Sea Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who wants to go blonde... :p

Not a problem Boris Johnson has!:p